Terrible WR signings | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrible WR signings

And for those using Stills as a negative.....I don't know what to say. In the past two years he's been targeted 186 times and has 1,573 yards. The past season Landry was targeted about 20 times less and had less than 1,000 yards.

Again, I like Landry...but our offense really wasn't going anywhere with him. Doesn't mean that was his fault, but don't think a successful offense can be achieved with the kind of throws we use that get him 112 catches.

The more I think about it the more I like it. I loved Landry but much like Ajayi he's one trick predictable pony. We saw what Drake and his versatility brought to the offense. Now we have versatile slots that hopefully know what they are doing. We should be able to hit some big plays by having guys who can do many things. Plus, it kills our reliance on always being in 11 personnel.

Looking back at it there's no excusing that Ajayi trade. Basically we created a major hole because Gase was mad.

I get what you're saying I just find it odd that Landry is being portrayed as a guy who didn't study the playbook and so forth yet was never benched or reprimanded for doing his own thing, instead he was rewarded by being made the focal point of the offense.

I don't believe this is just about football intelligence I think it's probably about personality clashes more than anything.

Gase straight up called him out for this during the season. Remember the Friday presser after the Ravens beatdown when he called out the team's "best players" and then Landry went on the block before the trade deadline?

Who did you think he was calling out? ONLY Ajayi?

Gase straight up called him out for this during the season. Remember the Friday presser after the Ravens beatdown when he called out the team's "best players" and then Landry went on the block before the trade deadline?

Who did you think he was calling out? ONLY Ajayi?

I guess we just have different views on being reprimanded. Calling him out in a presser is like me raising my voice to my 3 year old, I don't consider that a punishment it's just telling him to get it together in public. I mean like suspending him for conduct detrimental to the team like the Eagles did Owens. I would think not following orders would fall in that category. But I digress, I mean I'm sure a lot goes on behind closed doors, and trading him to the Browns is as bad as it gets punishment wise. As far as putting him in the trade block from what I remember reading it seemed like more of a threat than an intended follow through but I could be wrong.

Totally off topic question for you though Sir, is that your picture over your user name?
Every time I see it I just imagine you in-front of your computer smoking a cigar and drinking scotch.

Two receivers signed who know where to line up and play smart football. We needed that. Landry wanted $16 million.[/QUOTE
While I agree he wanted more money. Acting like a player who had more catches then anyone at his position in the history of the league doesn't play smart or line up right is a huge stretch. Its nothing more than a BS excuse pushed by the fo and media on why we didn't tesign him. The truth is he should of had his roomie contract restructured awhile ago and we wouldn't of been in this situation. He's played for under a million for four years while maintaining one of the better wr resumes in the league whether he plays slot or not.

I get what you're saying I just find it odd that Landry is being portrayed as a guy who didn't study the playbook and so forth yet was never benched or reprimanded for doing his own thing, instead he was rewarded by being made the focal point of the offense.

I don't believe this is just about football intelligence I think it's probably about personality clashes more than anything.
I agree Jarvis and Ajai were about personality conflicts and not football IQ. At all.

Why is everyone saying we could’ve had Landry for the price of the two replacement signings? Fact is Miami didn’t want Landry long term because he isn’t bought in.

Fins need to scrub the roster and all of you need to stop merely looking at stats.

It looks like that is exactly what Gase is doing. Got to love it.

I'm fine with the 2 WR signings yes Amendola is 32 and has had injuries but he gets the job done without jumping up and down saying I just did something. Wilson will be as good as Landry with as stated more speed. They are both football players that will know and learn the offense not just wait for a ball to be dumped of to them and try and run after the play. I liked Landry but I don't see this as too much of a downgrade personally.

I just hope gase is burning the midnight oil adjusting our offense to use these guys to their potential. We have to be creative here to succeed in my opinion.

I'm fine with the 2 WR signings yes Amendola is 32 and has had injuries but he gets the job done without jumping up and down saying I just did something. Wilson will be as good as Landry with as stated more speed. They are both football players that will know and learn the offense not just wait for a ball to be dumped of to them and try and run after the play. I liked Landry but I don't see this as too much of a downgrade personally.

Lol.

Back
Top Bottom