Texans' Lamar Miller happy for Dolphins and Jay Ajayi's success | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans' Lamar Miller happy for Dolphins and Jay Ajayi's success

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
From James Walker:

MIAMI -- When the Miami Dolphins signed veteran running back Arian Foster one week before training camp, one of the first players to reach out to Jay Ajayi was friend and former teammate Lamar Miller of the Houston Texans."I was telling him just stay focused, keep working hard," said Miller, who was in South Florida for the University of Miami's pro day. "Once he got that opportunity, he had that mindset he wasn't going to be denied."
Miller was correct. Despite a rocky start to the season, which included not making the trip in Week 1 against the Seattle Seahawks, Ajayi began to get more opportunities in Week 3 after Foster was injured.
It was the start of an expected Pro Bowl season as Ajayi rushed for 1,272 yards and eight touchdowns. It also included three 200-yard rushing performances.
"Jay, I think he did a great job running the ball hard, being decisive, making plays," Miller said. "He took advantage of his opportunities."

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolp...ler-happy-for-dolphins-and-jay-ajayis-success

Damn I miss that kid. Would've been a helluva RB duo.

By all accounts, Miller seems like a classy guy....glad he is in a place that will allow him to show what he can do, wish he was here still.

His play wasn't really worth what he got, but his attitude along with how he played may have been.

Classy. I really liked Miller, he would've been the perfect compliment to ajayi but did anyone else notice that drake looks like miller 2.0 but can actually break tackles somewhat? Miller is maybe a little faster but I think drake will be a great rb mate for ajayi.

It worked out for everyone. Miami product, He gave us 4 solid years and was the best running back to play for this team since Ricky. We got him in the 4th round and we got a 5th round compensatory pick just for losing him. Now we have Ajayi who's an absolute beast and Lamar is on a team that I honestly think could contend for a Super Bowl if they had a decent quarterback. He gets the ball a hell of a lot more now than when he did with Miami too. An amicable break up.

Ajayi is going to contribute more to winning games in his career at Miami than Miller ever did....and that's not by any means a knock on Miller. I love his game, and wanted to keep him...but I prefer Ajayi's ability to run over and thru defenders. It's a more physical game which is something the Dolphins have not had since I can remember. Him an Landry are huge contributors to that mindset.

I wasn't happy or sad to see him go...I know I was tired of seeing him go down from something between a slap on the legs and a weak arm tackle.

Miller is a good back he just can't break tackles on a regular basis...Ajayi is a better all around back...

Ajayi is MUCH better than Miller. He's breaks tackles better than anyone in the NFL right now, he busted out with 3 200 yard plus games and he is a star player in the NFL. He is an ascending player and that's a scary thought. This season he's going to kill it!! Get this kid some Guards and he'd be unstoppable!! I pray for the kids health, he's a BIG part of our offense.

Ajayi is not better than Miller and vice versa. They are two different RBs.

Ajayi is a physical back who sometimes struggles in our ZBS but can cover for that with yards after contact.

Miller is a one cut runner who excels at reading zone and is also a better receiving threat.

Also this notion that Miller is brought down easily is garbage. He's not Mr. Truckstick but he's very capable.

https://gfycat.com/KeenShimmeringChinesecrocodilelizard

Two different backs with two different styles of running. On a few of Ajayi's runs last year he was caught from behind. That would not have happened to miller . On the other hand Miller's never trucked for 200 + yards. Ajayi's done it 3 times already. Both are good at what they do.

Back
Top Bottom