Texans/Panthers similarities in second year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans/Panthers similarities in second year

Nasty55

Platinum
Reaction score
Being from Carolina all my friends in high school were fans when Dom Capers and the Panthers came out, in just there second year he took them to the NFC Championship game, with good defence and Kerry Collins and Carr looks so much more promising.
So i see alot of similarites in the Texans and the Panthers of 96
Plus a change of storyline is needed. I mean im not at all happy about the loss but we did have 2 turnovers and produced none, we also had a butt load of penalties that cost us, but we still only lost by an extra point we should go for unless we are down by two, not up by 5. so there is hope. also see the jets of last year and the pats of the year before. We are gonna be ok, and if we are not then trade madison, get a decent draft pick and get a fs thats not as slow as marion.

Good comments. One can only hope the Texans are close to playoff material and will go 8-8 or 9-7. At least then there will be some solace that they are a better team than we give them credit.

I'd love to see us get a good draft pick for Madison. But, since his play has floundered, I don't think a team would go higher than a 4th round pick for him. Right now, I can think of 8-10 CB's in the AFC alone I'd rather have than him. He may prove to be better as the season goes on, but based on his play last year and so far this year, I think he's very mediocre. Surtain may not be much better until his knee heals up - if it does.

Originally posted by Nasty55
Being from Carolina all my friends in high school were fans when Dom Capers and the Panthers came out, in just there second year he took them to the NFC Championship game, with good defence and Kerry Collins and Carr looks so much more promising.
So i see alot of similarites in the Texans and the Panthers of 96
Plus a change of storyline is needed.
Being both a Texans and a Panthers fan, I have to point out one HUGE dissimilarity between the two Capers teams: age. Yes, both teams have second year QBs, but the Panthers were built with more experienced veterans while the Texans are all about youth and building a winner for years. Most of the biggest stars for the Texans yesterday are rookies or second-year guys: Gaffney, Johnson (rookie), Davis (rookie), Pitts, Peek (rookie), Carr. And only the most wildly optimistic Texans fan sees this year's team as even above 8-8, let alone in the championship game this year. But needless to say, we're pretty excited about the progress so far :D

Back
Top Bottom