Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3) | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People think chess grandmasters can see thirty moves ahead and they never make a move until they know exactly how the whole game's going to end. That's just not the way it is. They are simply good at evaluating positions. If the position is good, they don't need to know exactly how to finish it. They know they'll figure it out when the time comes.

It's the same here. Flexibility is a huge asset and some folks just don't get it. With our present position we can move up for a QB next year, move up for a QB in two years, or rally behind Rosen and build him a heck of a team. This idea that they already know exactly what they're going to do is ridiculous. There are so many factors they can't control it would be a waste of time and energy to do so. They simply know they have a great position and they'll have many ways of bringing it home.

Precisely! Well articulated... Been on the same train as well. Folks needs to start thinking more about possibilities
and less about certainties. One thing for sure, it's always a good thing to have resources and options...

I was pretty sure we would build around our talent, it seems absolutely nuts to trade away such a good young player. The picks are great, but it'll still be a big gaping hole that wont be easily filled.

Buuuut, its still pretty exciting. Its gonna be a long season before the draft and really don't want to be the third team to go 0-16.

2020, if correct

2020 1st-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 1st-round pick (HOU)
– 2020 2nd-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 2nd-round pick (NO)
– 2020 3rd-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 3rd-round pick (Comp – Ja’Wuan James)
– 2020 4th-round pick (MIA or TEN)
– 2020 5th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 5th-round pick (Comp – Cam Wake)
– 2020 6th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 6th-round pick (DAL)
– 2020 7th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 7th-round pick (KC)

This is gold. Thanks for laying this out Albert. :fhpotd

It's a phenomenal deal if we make great picks.

It blows if we don't.

Simple as that.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to know anything certain.

But I like the possibilities a LOT!

People think chess grandmasters can see thirty moves ahead and they never make a move until they know exactly how the whole game's going to end. That's just not the way it is. They are simply good at evaluating positions. If the position is good, they don't need to know exactly how to finish it. They know they'll figure it out when the time comes.

It's the same here. Flexibility is a huge asset and some folks just don't get it. With our present position we can move up for a QB next year, move up for a QB in two years, or rally behind Rosen and build him a heck of a team. This idea that they already know exactly what they're going to do is ridiculous. There are so many factors they can't control it would be a waste of time and energy to do so. They simply know they have a great position and they'll have many ways of bringing it home.

Well said trading for Rosen was a gamble they still don’t know will pay out or not. The best thing would be got it to pay out

It blows if we don't.

Simple as that.

Agree we will only kind years from now

Out of interest, any news on the locker room revolt?

It blows if we don't.

Simple as that.

I think it's a good trade regardless and if they don't hit on the draft picks we'll be re-setting management again in a few years.

2020, if correct

That's insane and something i've never seen as a Dolphins fan. It's always been those other organizations that's had that many picks.

This FO needs to hit at least 50% on whomever they draft with those picks.
Based on what i've seen of Grier and Co, so far, don't expect us to draft at all those picks. I fully expect us to trade some of those picks for future picks.

Keep an eye on those late 1st and 2nd round picks...

I could see one of the late 1st round picks being traded for the following years 1st and a 2nd, 4th..
I could see one of the 2nd round picks being traded for a future 1st rounder or 2nd,3rd, and 4th.

Point being we're not making picks with all of those draft assest.

2020, if correct

My OCD needs us to pick up an additional 4th rounder lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom