Texas Tech vs. Minnesota (5 downs?) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texas Tech vs. Minnesota (5 downs?)

BigDogsHunt

Prove It!
Reaction score
Did anyone tape this game.

I know it was late at night and on NFL Network, but I swear in OT, Minnesota had 5 downs.

1st down, 2 yard run
2nd down, run for loss/no gain
3rd down, incomplete pass
4th down, incomplete pass
5th down, FG

Unless I missed a penalty (had the sound down) I swear Minny had 5 shots to score in OT.

Luckily, TT with the amazing comeback to force OT, ran it in and won in OT.

Can anyone confirm???

I missed the game, BUT Minny's football coach just got fired.

I cant find an accurate Play by Play, it was an incredible game to watch.....from a comeback standpoint the best bowl game ever.

I swear they had 5 plays and being that no one else caught it or even is talking about it, I am sure I am wrong, but would like to know from someone that has the tape exactly what happened.

Yahoo has this posted under play-by-play but its clearly out of order.

1st-10, TXT15 A. Pinnix rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, TXT13 A. Pinnix rushed up the middle for 2 yard loss
3rd-10, TXT15 B. Cupito incomplete pass to the right
4th-10, TXT15 J. Monroe kicked a 32-yard field goal
4th-10, TXT15 G. Harrell incomplete pass to the left

I know I saw two running plays, then two pass incompletes and then the FG.

I missed the game, BUT Minny's football coach just got fired.

I still can't believe he got fired. He is not a great coach, But he has really turned that program around since he has been there.

:eek:

I still can't believe he got fired. He is not a great coach, But he has really turned that program around since he has been there.

:eek:

That's true!!! I know my CU Buffaloes beat Mizzou because of a 5th down they received in the 1990 game....that was the year we won the National Championship.

I cant find an accurate Play by Play, it was an incredible game to watch.....from a comeback standpoint the best bowl game ever.

I swear they had 5 plays and being that no one else caught it or even is talking about it, I am sure I am wrong, but would like to know from someone that has the tape exactly what happened.

Yahoo has this posted under play-by-play but its clearly out of order.

1st-10, TXT15 A. Pinnix rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, TXT13 A. Pinnix rushed up the middle for 2 yard loss
3rd-10, TXT15 B. Cupito incomplete pass to the right
4th-10, TXT15 J. Monroe kicked a 32-yard field goal
4th-10, TXT15 G. Harrell incomplete pass to the left

I know I saw two running plays, then two pass incompletes and then the FG.

G. Harrell is the TT QB, not the Minny QB. They only had 4 plays, the play by play there is messed up.

G. Harrell is the TT QB, not the Minny QB. They only had 4 plays, the play by play there is messed up.

I know the play by play is messed up.

However, I saw the Minny QB throw two Incomplete passes, plus they had two rushing attempts in OT prior to the FG. They didnt get a 1st down.

They tried two rushing plays, then the Minny QB threw a pass to the right incomplete, and a pass deep to the left incomplete. Then they kicked the FG.

Anyone have the video to put this to rest?

Back
Top Bottom