Thad Lewis Torched Dolphins Twice!!! Kevin Coyle Gets a Free Pass??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thad Lewis Torched Dolphins Twice!!! Kevin Coyle Gets a Free Pass???

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I really believe this defense should be a permanent 3-4 with the personnel we have instead of that hybrid 3-4 and 4-3..

How in the world could we get beat twice by a 3rd string QB and backup TE's moving the chains???

I'm not sure why the run defense got worst year after year and we still cannot find a way to cover the TE..

How about that play call on 4th and 10 vs Carolina??? Was it the right defensive call?

How about the Saints converting a 3rd down and 20+ yards??? Was it the right call?

Is Coyle really a good DC? Wheeler was pretty good before he came to Miami... I'm not sure if Coyle is putting players in a position to give them the best chance to be successful...

I think torched is being generous, you lost the first game b/c your QB threw an INT for a TD, threw another INt in the EZ and then fumbled to set up GW FG.

In the 2nd game it was 10-0 in the 4th, still winnable but if your O doesn't score how can you win? 9 of their 19 pts were drives that started near midfield or deep in Mia territory.

Thad Lewis didn't "torch" anything.

He scored 14 in the first game and 19 in the second game.

Our offense didn't produce enough points.

"torched" is a strong word. Thad was adequate, at best in both games. The real problem in those games is that the offense was god awful...

Everyone loves grimes and he couldnt stop the 4th down pass to steve smith not coyle..

I really believe this defense should be a permanent 3-4 with the personnel we have instead of that hybrid 3-4 and 4-3..

How in the world could we get beat twice by a 3rd string QB and backup TE's moving the chains???

I'm not sure why the run defense got worst year after year and we still cannot find a way to cover the TE..

How about that play call on 4th and 10 vs Carolina??? Was it the right defensive call?

How about the Saints converting a 3rd down and 20+ yards??? Was it the right call?

Is Coyle really a good DC? Wheeler was pretty good before he came to Miami... I'm not sure if Coyle is putting players in a position to give them the best chance to be successful...

I understand we are all upset that we lost our final two games and missed the playoffs. I also empathize with you in losing twice to the jills but saying Thad Lewis "torched" us is ridicules.

CompAttYrdTDIntRTG

Hardly what I would consider a torching......

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami finished 8th in points against. Everyone that finished in the top 10 finished with at least 10 wins except for Miami. Only 2 team that finished in the top 12 did not make the playoffs, the other being Arizona and they played in the toughest division in football and won 10 games. The defense, while not great, was serviceable enough to get Miami to the playoffs.

Good attempt but try again.

Both the Jests and Bills lined up and kicked our asses, nothing fancy, run the ball up the middle, stuff our 'sic' running game, and get after the QB. Our coaches never made a positive halt time adjustment, and we were dominated on both lines in our losses.

You know your sense of reality is skewed when those performances were torchings...

I said before the second Buffalo game that Bills fans probably think Tannehill is Blain Gabbert 2.0 and all he did was further entrench that perception. Tannehill has played like complete dog**** in all four of the Bills games.

You know your sense of reality is skewed when those performances were torchings...

I said before the second Buffalo game that Bills fans probably think Tannehill is Blain Gabbert 2.0 and all he did was further entrench that perception. Tannehill has played like complete dog**** in all four of the Bills games.

He was OK in the Bills game at home in Miami in 2012. I was at that game. He didn't do anything special, but he put up points and won the game.

Now the other 3? Hot garbage

Our defense had some real problems this year. For instance:

1. Could not stop the run late in games.
2. Could not hold a lead and always seemed to fall apart after the offense finally scored.
3. Awful on 3rd and long, just awful. AWFUL.

Obviously, the big problem our team had was that our offense wasn't good. Period. But I don't think our defense was particularly good either. I would say our defense was above average, while our offense was bad. The only reason this team went 8-8 was that we scored a lot of points in 2/4 minute drills. Outside of those situations, we may have had the worst offense in the league.

Back
Top Bottom