Thank You Jay Fiedler and Dave Wannstedt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank You Jay Fiedler and Dave Wannstedt

FinsOnTop

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Under Fiedler and Wannstedt over the past 11 months we have seen:

1. Miami shutout for the first time ever in the playoffs (@Oak 27-0)

2. Miami shutout for the first time at home in 31 years (NYJ 24-0)

3. Miami shutout twice in one season for the first time in 31 years (today 21-0)

We have a coach that is too afraid to pull a struggling QB for fear that his backup outperforms him and causes a fan backlash. What kind of logic is this?

Wannstedt should be canned and replaced with George O'Leary. St. Louis gave us a blueprint on how to shutdown SF by using extreme pressure on the QB and we sat back and let them go 98 yards in 11 minutes?

To coin a Jim Mora phrase, "That was a disgrace"! And I'm tired of this sh*t. Wannstedt is a coward.

Ok I understand your upset, and this game was a disgrace, but blame the defense, and don't lose sight of the fact that Fiedler has brought us back to victory 5 times in the fourth quarter. Why would Dave pull Jay, when he has proven several times to lead this team back?

We had a crap game, leave it at that.

I'm just stating facts here. Sometimes a backup provides a spark, a change-of-pace. Why not. Shula pulled Griese, Woodley even Marino several times in his eary career for Don Strock, and sometimes it worked.

I disagree completly. Look, if your O-line is playing like crap your entire offense is. So, your gonna sit back and tell me that the hit Jay took when one of the O-linemen didn't cover the cornerback was his fault because he assumed that his o-line would take care of it? You're gonna sit back and tell me that he had all the time in the world to throw nice passes to Chambers, McKnight, or Gadsden?

Furthermore, you're gonna point this all on the offense. Well, sorry, but the 21 points on the board is there for a reason... the 49ers scored em on OUR defense.

Personally, this was a team loss. If anyone has the nerve to point this on a specific player, or coach, then......

Sorry, but this was a team loss. Yes, some players played below par, but the reason is simple... no o-line. You can't run, and don't have the time to pass. Look at our d-line, they were gettin pushed every which way.

Ok, I'm done... my anger is gone now...lol

The coach is responsible for "Total Team" loses. He is the ultimate team leader and if he fails you get a Total Team defeat.

I see. So, if the team isn't playing well because they are tired, or just run down from going to one coast to another, the Coach is supposed to get the team playing great. Yea, he is supposed to try his best to find the plays for his team to have the greatest chance at winning, but what more can he really do? Give the team some energy pills or something?

I agree TOTALLY with FINSONTOP!! 2 of Feidlers INT's were when he had plenty of time!Althogh the O- Line was blown off the ball! You just have to wonder where the HELL he is throwing the ball sometimes!!It's not even CHRISTMAS yet! On defense, as much as I hate to say it!! They picked on Zach, with the Backs out of the backfield and some screens! We just have to be realists and REALIZE the PHINS are a playoff team but NOT A SUPER BOWL TEAM!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!! I even question if they are a playoff team now with the annual DECEMBER collapse!!!:yell:

Oh GAWD, we lost one game, and now it is the annual December collapse.

I don't even believe this.

I am staying off the baords until you guys blow off some steam.

The December collapse happened against an NFC opponent. Come on guys... are we really gonna start disbelieving like this? You gotta be kidding me.

QB's under pressure...

I'll say this, Fielder isnt very good, but the OLine is pathetic. Too many holes in it. Also, I agree w/ pulling your struggling QB for a back-up, like the Phins did w/ Strock forever. Also, if the OLine isnt blocking, have Ray Lucas slip through and fight for yards w/ legs by buying time outside the pocket. Fiedler is lucky to get this team to the playoffs, if the Jets get a good team, and beat the phins 2 times a yr, that's no division title for the phins my friends.

:monkey:
JAY FIEDLER

Hmm...

I don't like dumbo, never really did, never will, except for the beginning of last year. But I will be the 1st to admit, it wasn't all his fault. 98yard scoring drive, can't blame that on him. 6 sacks weren't his fault, he didn't just up and run into the f***in guys, and I'd say at least 2, and maybe all the picks weren't his fault. Our O line stinks, almost every position is gonna stink when your best players get hurt and the backups for that position don't step up. Only time they aren't gonna suck is when the backup just steps up big time, like Kurt Warner and Tom Brady. Obviously our guys aren't trying to keep their starting jobs for next year. It's bound to happen sooner or later. I hate Jay but you guys are wrong for bashing him, they all were outta sync today. Can't put him at fault for someone else's f***ups can we?

Oh and if u guys are gonna piss on someone, piss on the O-Line and whoever called the retarded @$$ plays.

you gotta make a change...........

if something ain't broke, you don't fix it. but when something ain't working you better do something. running the same plays with the same guys is not going to cut it! :(

Re: you gotta make a change...........

Originally posted by dolfan06
if something ain't broke, you don't fix it. but when something ain't working you better do something. running the same plays with the same guys is not going to cut it! :(

Dude, that statement is too mechanical for me. Too much "fixing" and "working" and "running" and "cutting". Where's my tool chest and chilton's manual?

Back
Top Bottom