Thank you Nick Saban… | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you Nick Saban…

svnrdr

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I know that we have not even played a single game as of yet, however I feel, as a fan that some respect and dignity has been, and is being restored to this proud franchise.

• Not compromising and accepting what KC is offering for Pat Surtain. Pat is arguably top-three at the CB position and is worth NO LESS than a second round pick. I love the fact that Saban says he will keep him is OUR asking price is not met. Pat has value to this organization I sure hope trading a five-dollar bill for four ones is over.
  • Assembling the coaching staff that he has, I do wish we could have obtained a different defensive coordinator, but DAMN our offensive coaching staff is formidable without question.
  • I have been a fan for nearly 30 years, and I cannot think of a time that players and coaches were publicly stating their desire to be a Dolphin.
  • Not compromising the future for today with his desire to build this organization with a strong foundation through the draft is most admirable. I don’t expect a quick fix, I do however expect a solid progressive improvement back to the level the most winningest organization….Yes, I made up a new word…LOL

4-12 was the toughest year of my football fanhood (another new word) but our Dolphin future looks so damn good right now…Keep it up coach!

Here, Here, its exciting to be a Fin fan these days. Nick seems to have a plan and seems to executing it very good. He doesn't seem to panic ,unlike the coach before him. The next couple of weeks should be fun with the draft and everything. I can't wait for September to get the games going to see what he can do. So yes THANK YOU NICK.

I have not been this stoked for this team in years..Is it draft day yet???

Oh yea...Not gonna argue with anything there! Didn't we all know that all it took is to get rid of Dave and get someone with a plan in here to get us back to the elite which we are.

Amen to that. I thought Saban would accept any pick in the first three rounds? So we might be getting the third for him. Just something to think about.

svnrdr said:
I know that we have not even played a single game as of yet, however I feel, as a fan that some respect and dignity has been, and is being restored to this proud franchise.

• Not compromising and accepting what KC is offering for Pat Surtain. Pat is arguably top-three at the CB position and is worth NO LESS than a second round pick. I love the fact that Saban says he will keep him is OUR asking price is not met. Pat has value to this organization I sure hope trading a five-dollar bill for four ones is over.
  • Assembling the coaching staff that he has, I do wish we could have obtained a different defensive coordinator, but DAMN our offensive coaching staff is formidable without question.
  • I have been a fan for nearly 30 years, and I cannot think of a time that players and coaches were publicly stating their desire to be a Dolphin.
  • Not compromising the future for today with his desire to build this organization with a strong foundation through the draft is most admirable. I don’t expect a quick fix, I do however expect a solid progressive improvement back to the level the most winningest organization….Yes, I made up a new word…LOL

4-12 was the toughest year of my football fanhood (another new word) but our Dolphin future looks so damn good right now…Keep it up coach!

:yeahthat:

Thats what Saban is, a true coach, he has a plan, he has an idea of how he wants things done. He wont compromise, he wont be held hostage, he will not be forced into bad deals. He is not stupid nor will he panic and let opposing teams dictate terms to him.

Tho I dont agree all teh trades have been bad. Especially taking into when they were made into account. The biggest problem in 04 was you had a GM trying to keep Wanny in a job and after Ricky did what he did, he took more gambles hoping to compete. He took teh bears offer for Wale because that was the best he could get and he felt he needed to do it to have a chance. I dont think it was bad trade, we end up with Gordon and Booker as a result. Booker is good receiver and Gordon has talent. We may have been able to do better, but RS got the best he could, the best teh market would bear. That is where Saban is diff, he wont take what the best offer is, he will take what he perceives teh value to be and wont settle. So yes I believe Saban's way is teh better way.

FuturePhin said:
Amen to that. I thought Saban would accept any pick in the first three rounds? So we might be getting the third for him. Just something to think about.

Not from KC. Their 3rd is NOT tradable.

"trading a five-dollar bill for four ones "...
Actually, with Rick and Dave it was more like trading a 5 dollar bill for a $1.50!! It was just rediculous. Saban's got a serious Poker Face. By this time last year, with the moves Spielman had made, we were already screwed and robbed. What a difference a year makes.

Good post -

I remember many many times in our long and illustrious histroy that players from all over the league STRONGLY desired playing in Miami. Hugh Green, Eric Green, Byner, Even Ricky. So on that point - "What choo talking bout Willis?"

Back
Top Bottom