Thank You Ricky Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank You Ricky Williams

legendary137

Starter
Reaction score
Listen fin fans...why are you not thanking ricky williams for leaving us last year. Yeah last year was horrible but, look at what that did for us.
CAUSE: RICKY WILLIAM LEAVING RIGHT BEFORE TRAINING CAMP
ACTION: WANNY GETTIN FIRED
-COACH SABAN
-WISE GETTIN FIRED
-COACH HOUCK
-SECOND OVERALL PICK
-RONNIE BROWN
-NEW OFFENSIVE CORDINATOR
-NEW SYSTEM
-BOSTON WANTS TO COME BACK TO PLAY UNDER SABAN
-MCDOUGLE WANTS TO PLAY FOR SABAN
-TAYLOR AND THOMAS LOVE THE NEW SYSTEM
-COACH WHO LEARNED FORM THE BEST (BELICHICK)
-MORE DEPTH ON O-LINE THAN IN RECENT YEARS
-MORE DEPTH AT WIDERECIEVER
-CHANGES TO THE STADIUM (NEW COACH MEANS NEW GROUNDS)
-HOLLIDAY AND CARTHE AND TRAYLOR WANT TO PLAY FOR SABAN
-OH YEAH, CHANNING CROWDER, MATT ROTH, KAY JAY HARRIS
-NOT TO MENTION A TOP 5 RUNNING BACK THAT LEFT WANTS TO COME BACK
-AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, A BREATH OF FRESH AIR TO OUR FANS, US

LOOK OUT AFC.....HERE WE COME
I got ronnine, ok, i got ricky....s*i*...which way did they go.....damn, their in the endzone already!!

Wanny would have been gone anyways and Saban would have replaced him. No reason to thank RW for that. The only thing that would have changed on your list is we probably wouldn't have Brown.

Most of that would have happened anyway unless we'd made the playoffs, and had we done that we would have been happy anyway. Ricky deserves no thanks for anything, except perhaps for leaving open a spot for Ronnie Brown who actually wants to play football, as opposed to is legally obliged to pay child support for his array of kids and the Miami Dolphins for breach of contract.

rafael said:
Wanny would have been gone anyways and Saban would have replaced him. No reason to thank RW for that. The only thing that would have changed on your list is we probably wouldn't have Brown.
Oh i'm sorry, i didn't know that you could read waynes mind...let me tell you something...the ONLY REASON WANNY GOT FIRED was cause we came calling for his head, the media down here and the fans. Wayne doesn't fire anybody...look at his past, even with his waste management company. If we won even a couple more games and wanny never quit, wanny would STILL be here!!!!

Wanny was on the end of his rope at the beginning of last year, that's why many of his responsibilities were taken away from him. Last year no playoffs, no Wannstedt with or without Ricky.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Wanny was on the end of his rope at the beginning of last year, that's why many of his responsibilities were taken away from him. Last year no playoffs, no Wannstedt with or without Ricky.

shows how much you know....WANNY WAS ON THE ROPE FOR THE LAST THREE (3), GET IT, THREE YEARS. Any body that lives down here knows the wayne won't fire anybody...not at blockbuster, not at waste management, hell he didn't even fire his security guard at his old home from allowing friends to break into his bently and take stuff. The guy even said he did, "I dont know what i was thinking Mr. H---- (whatever his spelling is). It wont happen again"...ok now get back to work. Did you know that his waste management company wetn bankrupt because a "close" friend was running it and completely ran it under. Guess what...there partners in another firm. Wayne and wanny were good enough friends that wayne would never say your fired...he aint steinbreanor(sp) or trump

legendary137 said:
Oh i'm sorry, i didn't know that you could read waynes mind...let me tell you something...the ONLY REASON WANNY GOT FIRED was cause we came calling for his head, the media down here and the fans. Wayne doesn't fire anybody...look at his past, even with his waste management company. If we won even a couple more games and wanny never quit, wanny would STILL be here!!!!

Talk about hypocracy! Where did you get your mind reading credentials? Coincidently, I have met Wayne. I used to go to school with his daughter and my dad used to live one island over so they'd occassionally have intersecting social circles. (This was prior to his owning the team) I'm not saying we're tight or anything, but I have at least as much of a basis as you do for predicting what he would have done.

Wayne had said that no playoffs meant no Wanny. Also, reports were leaked that Saban had been following the Miami situation since before Wanny left. Wayne's belief is that you hire good people and let them do their job. Last year it was painfully obvious that Wanny had failed. So obvious that Wayne had to let him go despite any loyalty he may have felt. The result was that Wanny was gone no matter what and that Saban was at least interested no matter what.

He eased Shula into retirement didn't he? That was very painful for Huizenga, because he maintains a close friendship with him.

Actually, I thought Wayne gave Wanny a two-year extension at the end of the 2003-2004 season - meaning that DW, barring catastrophe, would have in all likelihood, been here this season also.

Yes thank you RW for ending the JIMMY/WANKER reign of "ERROR"

Bill C said:
Actually, I thought Wayne gave Wanny a two-year extension at the end of the 2003-2004 season - meaning that DW, barring catastrophe, would have in all likelihood, been here this season also.
thank you ....

legendary137 said:

You don't have a clue about what happened! You mention the media, well if you actually read, or even listened to the radio back then, you would have known that Wanny stepped aside because WH informed Wanny that he would not be retained after the season.

You just assume it's how you see it, and tell others you know better than them... :shakeno:

jlfin said:
He eased Shula into retirement didn't he? That was very painful for Huizenga, because he maintains a close friendship with him.
by the way...shula and wanny aren't close at all....that is why you never see shula at fin games.

Bill C said:
An extension is often given to troubled coaches as a "vote of confidence" so the coach doesn't lose the players who start thinking they're playing for a lame duck or keep free agents from looking to sign there. The most common time for a contract extention for a coach is when he takes a pernnial loser deep into the playoffs. The second most common time a coach gets a contract extension is as they're about to be fired.

legendary137 said:
by the way...shula and wanny aren't close at all....that is why you never see shula at fin games.

Again, you assume that your beliefs are what is?

Shula is at plenty of games, right up in WH's suite.

Guess what? The person who sits right in front of me, well, his mother works for WH, and they invited me up to his suite during halftime. Low, and behold, who is sitting there, none other than Don Shula.

He is still a part owner as well.

Back
Top Bottom