Thank you Stephen Ross! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you Stephen Ross!

Dez Bryant is talented but lacks mental toughness.

Fair enough, forget Dez Bryant. Odrick over Earl Thomas, Jason Pierre-Paul, and Demaryius Thomas has hurt us.

Even Derrick Morgan and Brandon Graham are recovering their careers admirably after suffering nasty injuries early on, far better then Odrick has under similar situations.

I like Odrick, but the first 3 are studs and the other 2 have are proving their worth.

Sorry, it's not even close... say what you want about resigning The Meatball, but the clueless garbageman (and you know the dirty way in which garbagemen originally secured their "contracts" and $$$) got played by JJ and would have complacently kept Wanny and his hapless Presser excuses forever if he would have at least kept up a level of acceptable mediocrity so long as there were asses in the seats. An aggressive owner would have seized the de facto GM responsibilities from Wanny after a few if those drafts, burning of picks to move up one slot for Carey and/or trading a 3rd to STL for Gordon.....or at least stepped in like Ross did to put a stop to trading for your boy Orton. You need to get over your rainman hatred for Ross where everyone looks better (although I doubt your hard-wiring will ever enable that.)

I think u are the one with some kind of complex if u think Ross has did a better job as an owner in his time here than Huzienga did. Wayne did stay with Wanny too long but at least he was winning when he stayed with him. When he had the losing season he knew he was gone. In fact Wayne never accepted losing both coaches that had losing seasons did not survive to lose another like Sparano did under Ross or like our gm has for 4 straight years under Ross. Wayne never got us to the top but it wasnt for lack of trying. with the exception of Wanny he got the top canidates every time he hired someone not waiting around for weeks while friggin Jeff Fisher decides or getting turned down by Harbaugh. Wanny wanted Saban who had turned down various teams and he got him. You are so off base here its not funny. Now in end Ross may turn out better but you cant give one solid reason behind your thinking on this

Neither team made the playoffs.
Wtf does that have to do with anything? Bryant is a pro bowler and Odrick is a mediocre player but its ok cause Dallas didn't make the playoffs? What sense does that make? Calvin Johnson didn't make the playoffs either, btw.

You are so off base here its not funny.

No sir, I think most people who have read your post on this topic would say quite the opposite. I believe it is you, who is out of context.

No sir, I think most people who have read your post on this topic would say quite the opposite. I believe it is you, who is out of context.

So please explain how Ross is a better owner than Huzienga. I love when people just say things with no basis. I may disagree with Vaark and dont think he made a valid arguement why Ross is better but at least he gave an explanation and please tell me how Im out of context

Well the jury is open on ROss and what u mean he doesnt settle for mediocrity he extended a coach he wanted to replace and kept the gm that failed to field a winning team in the last 4 years.
the door is always open if you want to leave

WTF are u talking about. people confuse being a fan of a team and being a fan of ownership. For the record I dont really dislike Ross but he has done nothing to distinguish himself in his time here unless u count losing seasons as that

I think u are the one with some kind of complex if u think Ross has did a better job as an owner in his time here than Huzienga did. Wayne did stay with Wanny too long but at least he was winning when he stayed with him. When he had the losing season he knew he was gone. In fact Wayne never accepted losing both coaches that had losing seasons did not survive to lose another like Sparano did under Ross or like our gm has for 4 straight years under Ross. Wayne never got us to the top but it wasnt for lack of trying. with the exception of Wanny he got the top canidates every time he hired someone not waiting around for weeks while friggin Jeff Fisher decides or getting turned down by Harbaugh. Wanny wanted Saban who had turned down various teams and he got him. You are so off base here its not funny. Now in end Ross may turn out better but you cant give one solid reason behind your thinking on this

So you're saying Wayne was a better owner than Jerry Jones since the cowboys had 1 playoff win in the last 17 yrs. right?

The Garbageman was lucky to have JJ doing some drafting before he got first played and then bamboozled into Wanny by him; Wannstedt was drafting on JJ's residual tailgate A good owner would have at the least seized the GM responsibilities from him as Wanny's influence spiralled the Fins into the state they became. And yeah, WH opened up the vault for an unproven HC who turned out to be a quitter, bully and mediocre.. where was the due diligence? And I see you didn't even mention Cam Cameron.

Like I said, Ross, as a novice owner, was not too discreet going after Harbaugh, who he had no chance of getting or Fisher who as a proven medicore coach kicked to the curb by bud adams wanted total oversight. However reports are that Ireland wanted Dennis Allen and Ross, Joe Philbin. If nothing more than being sufficiently-hands on to circumvent a trade/signing for your boy Orton and ending up with Philbin... I'll take that guy instead of the one who sat idly by and let his people waste a 3rd rounder for Lamar Gordon, a 2nd for Culpecker and Feeley, draft Ronnie Brown instead of Aaron Rodgers, and be in a trade-based deficit position to have draft Eddie Moore and Seth McKinney.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine although yours is clearly negatively influenced by being anything anti-Fins. But no offense, considering that yours included being certain about Cam Wake not making it, Culpecker being a promising trade, trading for Orton being a good thing and of course drafting Brady Quinn, I'll stand by mine up to this point thank you. :idk:

I wish he craved the cameras attention a lot less, but as far as what is important to be a good owner we are damn lucky to have Ross. He gives the franchise everything they ask for, and more really. He's also willing to tackle a significant issue like upgrading our aging stadium in very tough times to do so in Miami and in this country. You can see why he's a very successful business man, he does the tough things that need to be done.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

WTF are u talking about. people confuse being a fan of a team and being a fan of ownership. For the record I dont really dislike Ross but he has done nothing to distinguish himself in his time here unless u count losing seasons as that

Save it, you know exactly what he's talking about. When someone confronts you with how you view the Dolphins you always get angry. It's funny.

So you're saying Wayne was a better owner than Jerry Jones since the cowboys had 1 playoff win in the last 17 yrs. right?

The Garbageman was lucky to have JJ doing some drafting before he got first played and then bamboozled into Wanny by him; Wannstedt was drafting on JJ's residual tailgate A good owner would have at the least seized the GM responsibilities from him as Wanny's influence spiralled the Fins into the state they became. And yeah, WH opened up the vault for an unproven HC who turned out to be a quitter, bully and mediocre.. where was the due diligence? And I see you didn't even mention Cam Cameron.

Like I said, Ross, as a novice owner, was not too discreet going after Harbaugh, who he had no chance of getting or Fisher who as a proven medicore coach kicked to the curb by bud adams wanted total oversight. However reports are that Ireland wanted Dennis Allen and Ross, Joe Philbin. If nothing more than being sufficiently-hands on to circumvent a trade/signing for your boy Orton and ending up with Philbin... I'll take that guy instead of the one who sat idly by and let his people waste a 3rd rounder for Lamar Gordon, a 2nd for Culpecker and Feeley, draft Ronnie Brown instead of Aaron Rodgers, and be in a trade-based deficit position to have draft Eddie Moore and Seth McKinney.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine although yours is clearly negatively influenced by being anything anti-Fins. But no offense, considering that yours included being certain about Cam Wake not making it, Culpecker being a promising trade, trading for Orton being a good thing and of course drafting Brady Quinn, I'll stand by mine up to this point thank you. :idk:

My opinion is not influended by being anti fin because if I was anti fin why would I defend our earlier owner your logic has no logic.
Yea because noone on this board has ever though John Beck, Ted Ginn, Jason Allen, Trent Green, Jake Long, Pat White, Lorenzo Booker, Jake Grove, Gibril Wilson, Cleo Lemon, Lamar Gordon, Reggie Torbor, Ernest Wilford, Jay Fielder, Jamar Fletcher, Brian Daboll, Tony Sparano, Bill PArcells, David Lee, wildcat, Edmund Gates, Cam Cameron, Chris Carter, Chad Johnson, and so on were great moves lol.

I remember Simon Clancy detailing how great a prospect that Brady Quinn was at one point and Im sure he wasnt the only one on this board. As for Wake I still stand behind dominating inferior CFL lines doesnt make you easy to judge. Culpepper we took a chance it failed, much smarter chance than a trade for Feeley although similar results at least that trade had potential if Culpepper returned to form.
Trading for Orton would not have been the worst thing I mean u basically throw away a pick that we would have wasted anyway on Danial Thomas or Edmund Gates, hell Ireland agreed with trade.
And back to drafting Quinn I would take a Quinn/Rice combo over Ginn/ Beck combo anyday even though u basically have three busts out of 4.
I just dont know why we cannot stay on the actual subject I have answered to these things you bring up over and over and yet you try to use this as a basis to dismiss anything I have to say seems beneath you to me and I have been no more wrong about players than anybody on this board. I mean seriously I gave actual reasons why I feel Huzeinga was a better owner, you may not agree but this silly idea that hate for the dolphins makes me like the prior owner better. i mean why can't a person just have an actual opinion without you accusing them of being anti fins. Im anti losing sorry Im not satisifed with the losing that we have incurred under the current gm and owner. Until they turn us into a winner I think I have every right to not be happy with the job they are doing.

I wish he craved the cameras attention a lot less, but as far as what is important to be a good owner we are damn lucky to have Ross. He gives the franchise everything they ask for, and more really. He's also willing to tackle a significant issue like upgrading our aging stadium in very tough times to do so in Miami and in this country. You can see why he's a very successful business man, he does the tough things that need to be done.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Save it, you know exactly what he's talking about. When someone confronts you with how you view the Dolphins you always get angry. It's funny.

this was the comment I was replying to. Same idiotic stuff that gets said anytime you disagree with something. whats funny is you support idiotic comments like this.
I mean dont have an opinion on anything unless its supportive, if you disagree you should find another team. I dont know I live In the United States and this country was built on disagreement and debate.
just because I like a team doesnt mean I have to like what we do to build that team. Ignorant comment all the way around. It would be refreshing to actually have a discussion with some people without silly azz attacks

Also Vaark since Im always wrong remind me of my opinion on Tannehill before the draft and remind me how bad how criticized that pick. In fact remind of how bad I criticized Tannehill after the Houston game.

Well in your opinion they have been better than 20 other teams but trading down and taking odrick instead of Dez Bryant not exactly stellar and would have saved us 30 million guaranteed this year .
The jury is still out on these drafts but 2009 and 2008 are almost worthless now
I don't think you are understanding what the OP is saying. NO one is saying he is some football guru, an owner can't be held accountable for how many TDs player X does or doesn't throw. An owner is a "money man", he puts people in place that makes the decisions you are talking about. Owners should be judged by whether or not they are willing to open their pocket books to put the best possible players on the field. Many owners are trying to spend as little as possible to make as much money as possible, rather than trying to put the best product on the field no matter the cost. We have a "no matter the cost" owner, which is all you can ask for from the owner

Blaming the owner for not having enough superbowls, when he is spending all he is allowed to spend every year, is like blaming Ireland that we don't blitz enough.

this was the comment I was replying to. Same idiotic stuff that gets said anytime you disagree with something. whats funny is you support idiotic comments like this.
I mean dont have an opinion on anything unless its supportive, if you disagree you should find another team. I dont know I live In the United States and this country was built on disagreement and debate.
just because I like a team doesnt mean I have to like what we do to build that team. Ignorant comment all the way around. It would be refreshing to actually have a discussion with some people without silly azz attacks

Sorry you have to expect how some ppl react to your posts. It's obvious where your POV is coming from. Like I said it's funny to see you actually try and defend it, and then to get angry about it as well.

Just like with the stadium upgrade bill. You describe how you would like for the NFL, the franchise and the city to do a 33% split and when Ross goes beyond that, you poo poo your own idea. It's funny.

Back
Top Bottom