Thank you Stephen Ross! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you Stephen Ross!

Well the jury is open on ROss and what u mean he doesnt settle for mediocrity he extended a coach he wanted to replace and kept the gm that failed to field a winning team in the last 4 years.

Constantly turning the organization is not the key to success either. Got to give the people that you hire a fair chance to prove what they are made of. Just because a coach or GM loses, does not mean that they cannot learn and adjust.

Sorry you have to expect how some ppl react to your posts. It's obvious where your POV is coming from. Like I said it's funny to see you actually try and defend it, and then to get angry about it as well.

Just like with the stadium upgrade bill. You describe how you would like for the NFL, the franchise and the city to do a 33% split and when Ross goes beyond that, you poo poo your own idea. It's funny.
I said it would be a better idea I have always maintained that tax money should not go towards private stadiums never have deviated. Isaid I would be more supportive thats a difference. As for people who assume they know my so called POV, its always simple Im not satisified with 4 losing seasons sorry if they are.

Constantly turning the organization is not the key to success either. Got to give the people that you hire a fair chance to prove what they are made of. Just because a coach or GM loses, does not mean that they cannot learn and adjust.

5 years is enough time for a gm

I guess everyone deserves praise after an active free agency and before we actually win a game. Ross has made quite a few mistakes and his biggest decision which is actually retaining Ireland hinges on our team's win loss record this year.

My opinion is not influended by being anti fin because if I was anti fin why would I defend our earlier owner your logic has no logic.
Yea because noone on this board has ever though John Beck, Ted Ginn, Jason Allen, Trent Green, Jake Long, Pat White, Lorenzo Booker, Jake Grove, Gibril Wilson, Cleo Lemon, Lamar Gordon, Reggie Torbor, Ernest Wilford, Jay Fielder, Jamar Fletcher, Brian Daboll, Tony Sparano, Bill PArcells, David Lee, wildcat, Edmund Gates, Cam Cameron, Chris Carter, Chad Johnson, and so on were great moves lol.

I remember Simon Clancy detailing how great a prospect that Brady Quinn was at one point and Im sure he wasnt the only one on this board. As for Wake I still stand behind dominating inferior CFL lines doesnt make you easy to judge. Culpepper we took a chance it failed, much smarter chance than a trade for Feeley although similar results at least that trade had potential if Culpepper returned to form.
Trading for Orton would not have been the worst thing I mean u basically throw away a pick that we would have wasted anyway on Danial Thomas or Edmund Gates, hell Ireland agreed with trade.
And back to drafting Quinn I would take a Quinn/Rice combo over Ginn/ Beck combo anyday even though u basically have three busts out of 4.
I just dont know why we cannot stay on the actual subject I have answered to these things you bring up over and over and yet you try to use this as a basis to dismiss anything I have to say seems beneath you to me and I have been no more wrong about players than anybody on this board. I mean seriously I gave actual reasons why I feel Huzeinga was a better owner, you may not agree but this silly idea that hate for the dolphins makes me like the prior owner better. i mean why can't a person just have an actual opinion without you accusing them of being anti fins. Im anti losing sorry Im not satisifed with the losing that we have incurred under the current gm and owner. Until they turn us into a winner I think I have every right to not be happy with the job they are doing.

I"m not gonna refute you point by point and stand by my opinion that Ross is showing a savviness that overly-trusting, complacent WH never did -and has a lot more potential as a responsible, generous and committed owner going forward.

It's disingenuous you should point out that everyone is wrong occasionally. Of course you're correct (at least on that assertion). But you love to invoke where a novice owner Ross has been wrong over again, or bring up Ireland's failures ad nauseum almost like one of Dr Pavlov's drooling pooches when hearing a certain bell. If you can hold their feet to the fire in the same repetitive manner, when I disagree with you, why can't I in turn likewise repetitively bring up your mis-judgments which very well can impugn or stilt IMO those other judgments? You deal the same talking points over and over again so it's disingenuous to complain when I repeat your own doozies.

Oh and a case can be made that in the '11 season and certainly playoffs, Ginn did as much as Rice ever did in MN... and as little thereafter. So either we have 2 out of 4 busts or all 4. You can decide. I watched 4 of Quinn's games in '07 and unlike you, knew he was all hype and the beneficiary of Jeff Smardja (sp) so I could care less what Simon sez or said. I wanted Levi Brown until he was taken and then wanted Willis. Neither of us knew about Wake, but at least I knew that Rev Kev and about 3 other CFL fans knew their stuff and the open-minded fan should not dismiss their first hand opinions out of hand in favor of a silly stereotype. I may have said "WTF" after hearing Ginn's name being called, but that's only after breathing a sigh of relief that it wasn't Quinn's and delighting in watching Kiper go ballistic. How did that work out Mel.

the public pays an average of 65% for NFL stadiums. Ross should be commended for dropping that amount to less than half.

I"m not gonna refute you point by point and stand by my opinion that Ross is showing a savviness that overly-trusting, complacent WH never did -and has a lot more potential as a responsible, generous and committed owner going forward.

It's disingenuous you should point out that everyone is wrong occasionally. Of course you're correct (at least on that assertion). But you love to invoke where a novice owner Ross has been wrong over again, or bring up Ireland's failures ad nauseum almost like one of Dr Pavlov's drooling pooches when hearing a certain bell. If you can hold their feet to the fire in the same repetitive manner, when I disagree with you, why can't I in turn likewise repetitively bring up your mis-judgments which very well can impugn or stilt IMO those other judgments? You deal the same talking points over and over again so it's disingenuous to complain when I repeat your own doozies.

Oh and a case can be made that in the '11 season and certainly playoffs, Ginn did as much as Rice ever did in MN... and as little thereafter. So either we have 2 out of 4 busts or all 4. You can decide. I watched 4 of Quinn's games in '07 and unlike you, knew he was all hype and the beneficiary of Jeff Smardja (sp) so I could care less what Simon sez or said. I wanted Levi Brown until he was taken and then wanted Willis. Neither of us knew about Wake, but at least I knew that Rev Kev and about 3 other CFL fans knew their stuff and the open-minded fan should not dismiss their first hand opinions out of hand in favor of a silly stereotype. I may have said "WTF" after hearing Ginn's name being called, but that's only after breathing a sigh of relief that it wasn't Quinn's and delighting in watching Kiper go ballistic. How did that work out Mel.

Ouch now ginn has been a better player than Rice based on him playing on a super bowl team ok. As for my simon point it was all about who touted Quinn. I was never all over Quinn but still think he was a smarter pick at time than Ginn who was never impressive as a wr in college. I actually never thought Quinn would be there and was also wanting Levi brown prior to that draft. I dont delight in we took one bust over another esp considering the players that were still on the board. I absolutely hated the 2007 draft and still do. . Back to Wake I never disrepected anybody's opinions on him I just disagreed based on watching a guy dominate lines that are not even up to a to sec team line. Alabama any given year alone has a better oline than any cfl team.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

That's 2-years minus the Tuna's years.

well he was gm all those years, now if u want to have an opinion he had no say thats your opinion but neither of us can prove one way or another. If he had no say you have to give Parcells all credit on Cameron wake

WTF are u talking about. people confuse being a fan of a team and being a fan of ownership. For the record I dont really dislike Ross but he has done nothing to distinguish himself in his time here unless u count losing seasons as that

He bought a team with a LOSING roster, Huiznega played a major role in how that team was assembled the way it was. Give me a break bro, it's been a few seasons and he is head and shoulders off to a better start than WH. He has been extremely ambitious and deeply involved with the franchise.

the public pays an average of 65% for NFL stadiums. Ross should be commended for dropping that amount to less than half.

I commend Ross because he is trying to work out a plan that might possibly get it passed. The public esp in this area is tired of footing the bill for stadiums and his committment along with making it more of an interest free loan is a smart move to sway opinion.
I dont commend the NFL because they are playing a game with taxpayers all over the country. I dont think Ross is a bad owner , in fact its way too early to judge but for people to say he is a better owner already than Huzinega is not based in any reality. He always had the team spending money to get better, always got the top perceived people to work for him. If he wanted a coachhe got him. when other owners failed he succeeded as fire as hiring his people.

He hired Jimmy Johnson superbowl winning head coach( always kind of disliked move to a degree esp with his stubburness with marino) but you cannot arguen he was by far top coach on market
i always thought he made a mistake letting Johnson pick his successor after he basically quit on us but there have definately been worse hires.
Hired Nick Saban while many other NFL teams failed to convince him, Saban was a bigger name than Harbaugh at time. Didnt work out and I think some of it had to do with relationship with Saban but cant argue with judgement at time of hire.
Hired Cameron who was top assistant for a top offense
Then saw plan was crap and brought in a so called franchise builder in Bill parcells (he was always a mercenary to me with short term fixes but still considered by many to be a top football mind)
I personally dont think during the time Huzienga was our owner that any other team had an owner more committed to putting a championship team on field.
Its quite telling that the only two losing seasons we had resulted in a coaching change. it would seem that he did not accept losing very well as an NFL owner.

Now I will say I hate the way things turned out with Wayne, hated sticking by Wanny without pressuring a change in gm sooner and hated the way he let Dan marino get treated . Definately hated him as the Marlins owner but as a dolphin owner Ross cant touch Huzinga at this point, hell we havent had a winning season since Ross took over as owner and attendence has waned. This offseason and finally drafting a qb should somewhat excite the fan base but they are tired of losing and not even being relevent

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

He bought a team with a LOSING roster, Huiznega played a major role in how that team was assembled the way it was. Give me a break bro, it's been a few seasons and he is head and shoulders off to a better start than WH. He has been extremely ambitious and deeply involved with the franchise.

He bought a team that had went to the playoffs when he took over control so I dont know where u get that losing roster from. Ross took control of the team in Jan of 2009 we were 11-5 in 2008

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

He bought a team that had went to the playoffs when he took over control so I dont know where u get that losing roster from. Ross took control of the team in Jan of 2009 we were 11-5 in 2008

That season was an absolute fluke, don't defend Sparano's rookie season. The Cheats were crippled without Brady, and that team still flat out sucked regardless if they went 11-5. They were the product of a brand new wildcat offense that worked dreams for a few months due to the confusion of the opposing defense and their coordinators on how to stop it. It didn't take long to figure it out, and we were creamed in the 1st round. Ross bought a sorry team, we have seen much improvement this past draft and current free agency. Let it roll.

That season was an absolute fluke, don't defend Sparano's rookie season. The Cheats were crippled without Brady, and that team still flat out sucked regardless if they went 11-5. They were the product of a brand new wildcat offense that worked dreams for a few months due to the confusion of the opposing defense and their coordinators on how to stop it. It didn't take long to figure it out, and we were creamed in the 1st round. Ross bought a sorry team, we have seen much improvement this past draft and current free agency. Let it roll.

it was about in truth an 8-8 team and 5 years later its about an 8-8 team. That team didnt suck though. They had best qb play since marino and defense was pretty solid along with good running game and solid line play

I commend Ross because he is trying to work out a plan that might possibly get it passed. The public esp in this area is tired of footing the bill for stadiums and his committment along with making it more of an interest free loan is a smart move to sway opinion.
I dont commend the NFL because they are playing a game with taxpayers all over the country. I dont think Ross is a bad owner , in fact its way too early to judge but for people to say he is a better owner already than Huzinega is not based in any reality. He always had the team spending money to get better, always got the top perceived people to work for him. If he wanted a coachhe got him. when other owners failed he succeeded as fire as hiring his people.

He hired Jimmy Johnson superbowl winning head coach( always kind of disliked move to a degree esp with his stubburness with marino) but you cannot arguen he was by far top coach on market
i always thought he made a mistake letting Johnson pick his successor after he basically quit on us but there have definately been worse hires.
Hired Nick Saban while many other NFL teams failed to convince him, Saban was a bigger name than Harbaugh at time. Didnt work out and I think some of it had to do with relationship with Saban but cant argue with judgement at time of hire.
Hired Cameron who was top assistant for a top offense
Then saw plan was crap and brought in a so called franchise builder in Bill parcells (he was always a mercenary to me with short term fixes but still considered by many to be a top football mind)
I personally dont think during the time Huzienga was our owner that any other team had an owner more committed to putting a championship team on field.
Its quite telling that the only two losing seasons we had resulted in a coaching change. it would seem that he did not accept losing very well as an NFL owner.

Now I will say I hate the way things turned out with Wayne, hated sticking by Wanny without pressuring a change in gm sooner and hated the way he let Dan marino get treated . Definately hated him as the Marlins owner but as a dolphin owner Ross cant touch Huzinga at this point, hell we havent had a winning season since Ross took over as owner and attendence has waned. This offseason and finally drafting a qb should somewhat excite the fan base but they are tired of losing and not even being relevent

so you won't commend him on actually paying more money, just on coming up with a plan that might get passed? lol, classic dlockz...

so you won't commend him on actually paying more money, just on coming up with a plan that might get passed? lol, classic dlockz...

No, because the entire practice is repugnant. You cant keep praising him for taking "only" half of the usual payment from the public, but im going to recognize that hes still taking 30% more then he needs to.

The NFL is a $9 billion dollar company. They can more then afford to pay for their own damn stadiums. Just because theyve blackmailed other cities better then Ross is blackmailing Miami doesnt make it great. Its. Still. Blackmail.

Back
Top Bottom