Thank you Stephen Ross! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you Stephen Ross!

No, because the entire practice is repugnant. You cant keep praising him for taking "only" half of the usual payment from the public, but im going to recognize that hes still taking 30% more then he needs to.

The NFL is a $9 billion dollar company. They can more then afford to pay for their own damn stadiums. Just because theyve blackmailed other cities better then Ross is blackmailing Miami doesnt make it great. Its. Still. Blackmail.
the public doesn't benefit from having a NFL franchise in their city?

the public doesn't benefit from having a NFL franchise in their city?

Sure. And the NFL is compensated with billions of dollars.

They arent playing in those cities because of charity. They are doing it to make money. And they achieve that goal. They can pay to maintain their own product.

so you won't commend him on actually paying more money, just on coming up with a plan that might get passed? lol, classic dlockz...

well we really dont know the money he will pay since the nfl will probably pay a portion. Hell its his stadium he makes every dime off of it sorry if Im not impressed, I gave him as much credit as I feel he deserves.

They arent playing in those cities because of charity. They are doing it to make money. And they achieve that goal. They can pay to maintain their own product.
what about the money generated from games that help local workers and businesses? what about the tax dollars that go directly to the public?

well we really dont know the money he will pay since the nfl will probably pay a portion. Hell its his stadium he makes every dime off of it sorry if Im not impressed, I gave him as much credit as I feel he deserves.

sales tax?

Why shouldn't the city of Miami invest in their NFL franchise? They get something from that business being there. All different size businesses get tax rebates. Just today, Universal got $9 million tax payer dollars to build a bridge for their new hotel. Why shouldn't the Miami Dolphins get that type of treatment?

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

well we will be giving back 5 million in tax rebates so not so much.

Over how many years?

Why shouldn't the city of Miami invest in their NFL franchise? They get something from that business being there. All different size businesses get tax rebates. Just today, Universal got $9 million tax payer dollars to build a bridge for their new hotel. Why shouldn't the Miami Dolphins get that type of treatment?

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Over how many years?

Until 2022 then it will b whatever the new agreenment calls for minus 2 million so probably 3 million for whatever term they talked about so for a long damn time lol

Over how many years?

I dont disagree that something should be worked out but the dolphins do not bring in the level of revenue and hiring that a universal does . People travel to Orlando all year long and its impact is way more substantial than the NFL will ever be.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

is that property or sales tax rebates?

tax rebates so u pay in one hand and take back in another whats the difference. its still 5 million less tax dollars the area gets

Until 2022 then it will b whatever the new agreenment calls for minus 2 million so probably 3 million for whatever term they talked about so for a long damn time lol

5 million a year or 5 million over 9-years (2022)?

I want to be very clear, because if it's 5 million over a 9-year period, that is an absolutely ridiculous thing for to hang your hat on.

I dont disagree that something should be worked out but the dolphins do not bring in the level of revenue and hiring that a universal does . People travel to Orlando all year long and its impact is way more substantial than the NFL will ever be.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

tax rebates so u pay in one hand and take back in another whats the difference. its still 5 million less tax dollars the area gets

Ross owns a NFL franchise that is valued at near 1 billion dollars. Please just stop with minimizing the impact the Miami Dolphins have on the local economy in Miami. Further Ross is asking for 30% from the city, I would be shocked if that $9 million Universal received was not a 100% of what they asked for.

It is not as large as Universal, nor is it as small as you are trying to make it out to be.

I agree Thanks Mr Ross
How about a thank you to Ross for what he has done and is trying to do. I live in San Diego and have watched a bad owner let this team, city and fans down. Ross on the other hand puts his money where his mouth is and doesn't settle for mediocrity. Does he always make the right moves? No, but he is moving in the right direction. Good job Mr. ROSS!

Back
Top Bottom