Thank you Stephen Ross! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you Stephen Ross!

He is basically bending over IMO for the city of Miami.

it's a better deal than most get and don't forget this stadium will host at least 4 Superbowls and at 4 BCS Championships in the next 30 years which isn't an option for most other cities

what about the money generated from games that help local workers and businesses? what about the tax dollars that go directly to the public?

A result of playing in a market that helps them the most. Miami is a world famous city. Local workers and businesses helped make it a world famous city. The city has done their job. The Dolphins wouldnt be playing in Miami if they didnt believe they could get a profit from that exposure.

The NFLs intent is to make the most money possible. It isnt to provide revenue to businesses(some businesses that are direct competition no less, hi Heat) that arent their own. Again: the NFL isnt a charity, despite what some people think.

it's a better deal than most get and don't forget this stadium will host at least 4 Superbowls and at 4 BCS Championships in the next 30 years which isn't an option for most other cities

we have no clue how many it will host because there is no longer a rotation but I think thats a fair number to guess

A result of playing in a market that helps them the most. Miami is a world famous city. Local workers and businesses helped make it a world famous city. The city has done their job. The Dolphins wouldnt be playing in Miami if they didnt believe they could get a profit from that exposure.

The NFLs intent is to make the most money possible. It isnt to provide revenue to businesses(some businesses that are direct competition no less, hi Heat) that arent their own. Again: the NFL isnt a charity, despite what some people think.
yes, I understand the Dolphins make a lot of money, they also generate a lot of money for the city

5 million a year or 5 million over 9-years (2022)?

I want to be very clear, because if it's 5 million over a 9-year period, that is an absolutely ridiculous thing for to hang your hat on.

5 million a year then it goes to 3 million after 2022. This includes the 2 million we already give them and the additional is the new plan on top of it

yes, I understand the Dolphins make a lot of money, they also generate a lot of money for the city

hell I appreicate that he is not trying to get 100 percent because it would absolutely fail but he is also no dummy and thats why he doesnt propose it. If he felt he could get a 100 percent he would.
The Falcons are paying for like 800 million of their stadium with about 200 million in public money. This tells me cities are starting to get smarter and the free stadiums will be trickling down. Most reports on public funding of sports stadiums show them to be bad investments but Im am Ok with the proposal basically as it stands. Still tired of NFL playing these silly games. Its a joke because if it had a serious superbowl bid system, it would not be including teams that they deem their stadiums unsatistfactory.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

supposedly it specifically says 4 each in the deal

thats what he has to deliver but the nfl now uses it has a tool to build stadiums and get upgrades. thats how NY got a superbowl. Cities are not going to keep spending this money and not expect a superbowl and there are 32 teams

5 million a year then it goes to 3 million after 2022. This includes the 2 million we already give them and the additional is the new plan on top of it

Not that I don't believe you, but I can't find that any where.

Not that I don't believe, but I can't find that any where.

They got the two million in tax rebates when they redid stadium for baseball and such and it lasts until 2022. I have no doubt some of this info isnt easy to find. So that 2 million plus the added 3 million until then and then 3 million a year after that

They got the two million in tax rebates when they redid stadium for baseball and such and it lasts until 2022. I have no doubt some of this info isnt easy to find. So that 2 million plus the added 3 million until then and then 3 million a year after that

What does that have to do with this deal?

From my basic math they paid $4 million in taxes last year and you say they got any where from 2-3 million in tax credits last year, what's wrong with that? That was to obviously pay for the renovation dealing with baseball. That has zero to do with this. They are essentially fixing the mess the Marlins left.

Which is the by product of making tons of money for themselves. If those other businesses sell a great product, they will make their money. They dont owe their success to the Dolphins.

Believe it or not, the Miami Dolphins arent responsible for the beaches of South Florida. Nor are they responsible for the night clubs. And Stephen Ross sure as hell isnt responsible for the Miami Heats success.

What does that have to do with this deal?

From my basic math they paid $4 million in taxes last year and you say they got any where from 2-3 million in tax credits last year, what's wrong with that? That was to obviously pay for the renovation dealing with baseball. That has zero to do with this. They are essentially fixing the mess the Marlins left.

Thats the stadiums mess. The stadium is part of the dolphins that what this money is being asked for.

Thats the stadiums mess. The stadium is part of the dolphins that what this money is being asked for.

I don't think it's fair to conflate the TWO situations. But now thinking about it, it's prob why Ross is only asking for 30%.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Which is the by product of making tons of money for themselves. If those other businesses sell a great product, they will make their money. They dont owe their success to the Dolphins.

Believe it or not, the Miami Dolphins arent responsible for the beaches of South Florida. Nor are they responsible for the night clubs. And Stephen Ross sure as hell isnt responsible for the Miami Heats success.

He is in a way. He is the owner of the Miami Dolphins, and without the Miami Dolphins Miami may have never got an NBA franchise.

I don't think it's fair to conflate the TWO situations. But now thinking about it, it's prob why Ross is only asking for 30%.

I think he knows if he goes higher it has no chance to pass but hey he is a billionaire so he knows the best way to get things like that done
I also dont see how its unfair since its not like the stadium didnt make money by having Marlins there

I think he knows if he goes higher it has no chance to pass but hey he is a billionaire so he knows the best way to get things like that done
I also dont see how its unfair since its not like the stadium didnt make money by having Marlins there

He wasn't the owner when that deal was signed. Just as it won't be the next owners problem when Ross sells the Dolphins. The Dolphins made money, and so did the county. You always leave the last part out.

Back
Top Bottom