Thank you Stephen Ross! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you Stephen Ross!

Universal studios just got 300 million in tax breaks. They used the Obamacare waiver for the last 2-years. Disney World is going after a 200-300 million in tax break as we speak. Universal just got 9 million tax dollars today to build a new bridge for their new hotel. What are you talking about?

You are talking two totally different entities. The amount of tax revenue brought in as well as jobs brought in by these companies is like comparing Miami to Davenport Fl

For all those Ireland supporters the truth is philbin and company are really the ones making personnel decisions. Lucky for us this upcoming draft might turn out to be the best draft in the past 10 yrs due to the fact that philbin is heavily involved. Philbin I think will turn out to be great for this organization. Ross is a good owner but he just made the mistake of trusting parcels and his cronies too much. Like in any sport you gotta have the ppl that know how to make the right decisions ala pat Riley etc.. Ireland to me has never been the right guy. But in his defense he did hire philbin and I like philbin.

He's hit and miss, which is jackets better than our recent norm.

Ross misses when he speaks, which is never ideal. When you have to click away not long after a new owner steps to the podium it's a big favorite not to be a memorable term.

He's probably the Ronnie Brown of owners, down the road. Some passionate argument on each side but most not remembering or particularly caring.

Poor taste in fight songs and logos. But the latter was a given, once we had a listen to his song. You aren't going to follow that left-right garbage with an Apple-caliber logo.

Harbaugh was a terrific aim. I apply more credit for the handicapping, than condemning how awkwardly he did it. For a coach like that, none of the rules or decorum matter.

Rescuing us from Kyle Orton was likewise brilliant. That guy was a waterpik coming out of college yet Jeff Ireland wants not only to trade for him but hand over megabucks. Orton is not worth 8 million counterfeit.

Mike Dee, now there's a gutter ball. His caliber as well as his head. It's like Ross is determined to be the smartest guy in the upper tier so he hangs onto Dee and Ireland for comfort level.

I'm normally not a big fan of hiring older long term assistants as head coach. Philbin is an understandable exception. High floor type but maybe not the highest ceiling.

Beyond anything, I'm convinced the neutral site stadium is our anchor. No chance I can give high marks to someone determined to weigh down the franchise for another 30 years. The idea is to win Super Bowls, not host them.

For all those Ireland supporters the truth is philbin and company are really the ones making personnel decisions. Lucky for us this upcoming draft might turn out to be the best draft in the past 10 yrs due to the fact that philbin is heavily involved. Philbin I think will turn out to be great for this organization. Ross is a good owner but he just made the mistake of trusting parcels and his cronies too much. Like in any sport you gotta have the ppl that know how to make the right decisions ala pat Riley etc.. Ireland to me has never been the right guy. But in his defense he did hire philbin and I like philbin.

Well to most people PArcells was that Riley guy but Ireland is still the gm so in the end its his credit or blame

Well to most people PArcells was that Riley guy but Ireland is still the gm so in the end its his credit or blame

Not for me I thought parcels was interesting but I felt the game passed him by a bit. I mean I understand why ppl loved the move at the time,going from Cameron and company to parcels was a no brainer. But the minute he hired Sparano I knew we were in for a lot of crap.

Just for the record, Ireland didnt hire Philbin. Ireland tried to hire Mike McCoy, even going so far as to promise him the team plane to pick him up in a day or two for the press conference.

Philbin was Ross' guy, through and through.

Just for the record, Ireland didnt hire Philbin. Ireland tried to hire Mike McCoy, even going so far as to promise him the team plane to pick him up in a day or two for the press conference.

Philbin was Ross' guy, through and through.

And that's why I don't understand why Ireland is still our gm. I don't get it. While philbin was a Ross pick I said Ireland becuz he's the gm. If philbin turns out to be great Ireland gets the credit, even though we all know he's an average gm.

What total BS!

The city is getting tax revenue and jobs from having the Miami Dolphins in their city. They should pay their fair share. It's a business, and the city doesn't get a free ride either.

So what do you call this new BS you've come up with? "Socialized capitalism?"

So what do you call this new BS you've come up with? "Socialized capitalism?"

I've said over and over what it's called. It's called how business is done around the world. Miami is not special, why should they be immune to how things are done all around the world?

You are talking two totally different entities. The amount of tax revenue brought in as well as jobs brought in by these companies is like comparing Miami to Davenport Fl

The situations are the same, enough. They are both private companies asking the state to help them with their expansions. Keep running away from what you typed. What the Dolphins originally asked for was on par with what other NFL franchises were getting and it most certainly is comparable to what other big business is asking for in the state of Florida.

Never mind the Dolphins have already blown up your dream scenario of 33% x3 ways. Or is the city shouldn't pay anything? Try talking out of one side of your mouth, not both sides.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

And that's why I don't understand why Ireland is still our gm. I don't get it. While philbin was a Ross pick I said Ireland becuz he's the gm. If philbin turns out to be great Ireland gets the credit, even though we all know he's an average gm.

No we don't.

Its not a perfect scenario at all its just what will prob get it done. I dont personally think its the city of miami's job to invest in the dolphins but there is a level of benefit just not what the nfl want u to believe.
I think if u frame these type of bills and work with the city to make it happen its a good thing but the trying to rush this through with out a vote was kind of dubius but hey he tried and u cant blame him.
Also we dont usually pay 33 percent of the costs with an intrerest free loan to most business's in area that not even close to a norm

he paid 1 billion dollars and im pretty sure he plans to sell it for much more, it was not some altruistic endeavor

lol what is this we? Since when do you own a large sized business?

From what I have gathered the Dolphins are paying far more than what other NFL franchises have paid. They are close or are paying far less than what other large private businesses are paying when they want to expand or upgrade their business. I've cited Universal and Disney several times.

1382 yards and 12 TD's last year while Odrick does next to nothing.

I agree I'd rather have Dez Bryant on this team right now instead of Odrick, but saying he has done next to nothing is not accurate...

in the last 2 seasons he has had 58 tackles, 47 Solo, 11.0 Sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF, 4 PD and 9 STF...... that's really not that bad for the position he was playing. Also from everything I've heard and read he is just getting better... time will tell I guess but I don't think he is a bad player by any stretch

Back
Top Bottom