Thanksgiving 1993 Dolphins vs Cowboys | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thanksgiving 1993 Dolphins vs Cowboys

Any one know what JJ said to Lett after the game?
Can't imagine the word smart was used. :)
Supposedly Lett was “watched” for the next couple of days for fear he might do harm to himself. Apparently he was super depressed.

I was AT THE GAME
Oh man. Awesome. That game had it all. Punt return TD, Byars long run, Cox w a big INT, the GW, heart pounding drive and the blocked FG / redo.
The difference in the game IMO was Shula allowing Stoyo to repeatedly go out an attempt FGs in the snow, while JJ has no confidence on 4th downs in FG range and kept going for it or even punting. Shula was such a great game day coach and while the Lett play stands out as the thing we remember most, the chess match within the game was won by the Don.

I was at that game,and let me tell you for a Florida boy from Daytona Beach it was freezing cold that day. And I know most people just remember this game because of the Leon Lett incident. But let me tell you the feeling I had surrounded by a few phin fans was truly exciting. When Stoyanavich kicked the game winning field goal the 8 or maybe 10 Dolphin fans that surrounded me let out what sounded like a modern day flash mob.Walking out of the Stadium knowing that our phins pulled it off with the injuries we had,and the Heart that they played with was priceless

The better question is, what kind of work were you doing in reno?

:ponder:

MgI.gif

The 02 collapse was pretty bad too.

We beat the raiders and were the #1 seed with 2 games left and we didn't make the playoffs.

I'm still bitter about that 02 season.

I was at the game vs Vikings. No way did I think Gary Anderson would make 50+ field goal to win it.

That play and the Miami Miracle both eerily blessed the team we played and cursed us the rest of the season.

Dallas won the super bowl and didn't lose another game that season and we didn't win another one.

NE won the super bowl and didn't lose another game that season and we didn't win another one.

And don't forget December 1985. Miami defeats the previously undefeated Chicago Bears (who were 12-0). Chicago doesn't lose another game that season and goes on to defeat New England in Superbowl XX.

My favorite marriage story ever. At the in-laws in North Carolina, dinner over, three minutes to go and my father in-law insist that we take his father back to the nursing home. Deberg is driving ...it’s fourth down , I stand my ground and politely tell him phuck off. Dolphins win, grandad is grinning ear to ear, he wanted to watch the game too.

"I stand my ground and politely tell him phuck off." :funny::lol::up:

Any one know what JJ said to Lett after the game?
Can't imagine the word smart was used. :)

Well that was the 2nd time Lett made a bonehead move like that, so whatever JJ did say to him, can't believe there were too many words with less or more then 4 letters in them.

And don't forget December 1985. Miami defeats the previously undefeated Chicago Bears (who were 12-0). Chicago doesn't lose another game that season and goes on to defeat New England in Superbowl XX.
Damn, seems like the best thing that can happen to a contending team is to lose a big game against Miami late in the season in dramatic fashion. Then it’s smooth sailing. Chicago in ‘85, Dallas in ‘93, NE in both 2004 and 2018, and . . . the 2002 Raiders almost pulled it off too (after losing at Miami with 2 more games to go, they didn’t lose again until the Super Bowl, and Miami didn’t win again that season at all).

Back
Top Bottom