That sack call was such garbage | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That sack call was such garbage

Can't lunch at the knees, he has to wrap up below or above and not shoulder tackle at the knees.
These rules are becoming absurd. Was he supposed to offer him his cookies from his lunch before attempting a tackle? Or just stand still and allow him to run around and collapse on the ground and make zero attempt to tackle anyone because it might be seen as helmet to helmet or trying to tackle (god forbid he falls down while trying to make a play). Love the dolphins but the rules are getting plain dumb.

Happy we won, but getting more annoyed at the nfl and wtf a penalty or a catch is lately.

That was the worst call I’ve ever seen in my life. And it wasn’t inconsequential. It resulted in free points for the Patriots.
That's actually the rule as far as I understand it. You cannot go low on the QB unless you're chasing him from behind outside the pocket. The official enforced the rule. It's a bad rule in that instance but not a horrible call.

I got sick to my stomach after that horrible roughing call. They need to change that rule and delete it from the rule book permenately before they lose fans.

I almost broke my damn tv remote when they called that crap!

Everyone says that rule is the Tom Brady rule including the announcers, but it’s actually the “Carson Palmer” rule for what happened to him in the playoffs.

I want to say I couldn't believe it when it happened, but it actually just seems to be what to expect when playing in Foxboro. Was a garbage call taking away an amazing effort.

Back
Top Bottom