That throw to 17 on 3rd and 22… | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That throw to 17 on 3rd and 22…

That was awesome. I was more impressed by Tua yesterday than in the Baltimore game. He wasn't getting the cheap stuff to Hill. It was vital to maximize the few opportunities we did have. And he managed that with two excellent throws of entirely different requirements...the dart to Craycraft and the deep ball to Waddle.

Throughout the Tannehill we'd face 3rd and very long then be content to throw underneath and jog off the field. It drove me nuts. We weren't protecting anything other than sustained mediocrity. Tua has a winner's mentality. He understands it's vital to take risks. Those deep balls need to be explored 2-3 times per game minimum. Heck, that's what the Middle Tennessee quarterback did Saturday against the Canes. That team seized the swagger on their sideline. They weren't getting any first downs early but more than made up for it with beautifully arched deep balls that looked like Russell Wilson in his Seattle prime.

The Dolphins mixture needs to be heavy reliance on motion and influence lending to quick darts over the middle, and supplemented by those occasional deep shots, which will evolve open based on the steady diet of short decisive throws.

That's such a great departure from the mindless 20 yard sideline bloopers, which aren't set up by anything other than desperation. We got stuck in that mode during the Parker years and likewise New England was doing it in the opener.

I will caution that we scored 20 and 21 in two of our victories. Not great. It's the question and concern I maintain about Tua...whether he can match points in a playoff game against elite quarterbacks. The scoreboard won't get stuck like yesterday.

That was awesome. I was more impressed by Tua yesterday than in the Baltimore game. He wasn't getting the cheap stuff to Hill. It was vital to maximize the few opportunities we did have. And he managed that with two excellent throws of entirely different requirements...the dart to Craycraft and the deep ball to Waddle.

Throughout the Tannehill we'd face 3rd and very long then be content to throw underneath and jog off the field. It drove me nuts. We weren't protecting anything other than sustained mediocrity. Tua has a winner's mentality. He understands it's vital to take risks. Those deep balls need to be explored 2-3 times per game minimum. Heck, that's what the Middle Tennessee quarterback did Saturday against the Canes. That team seized the swagger on their sideline. They weren't getting any first downs early but more than made up for it with beautifully arched deep balls that looked like Russell Wilson in his Seattle prime.

The Dolphins mixture needs to be heavy reliance on motion and influence lending to quick darts over the middle, and supplemented by those occasional deep shots, which will evolve open based on the steady diet of short decisive throws.

That's such a great departure from the mindless 20 yard sideline bloopers, which aren't set up by anything other than desperation. We got stuck in that mode during the Parker years and likewise New England was doing it in the opener.

I will caution that we scored 20 and 21 in two of our victories. Not great. It's the question and concern I maintain about Tua...whether he can match points in a playoff game against elite quarterbacks. The scoreboard won't get stuck like yesterday.
To be fair, they got 21 points on only 39 plays yesterday because Buffalo had the ball most of the game.

I know some of you could give two s***s on Skip Bayless' opinion, but he said this was a "soft arm" throw. What a joke.

I've been holding back saying it until now, but I'm ready to say it. Tua Tagovailoa is a better quarterback than Ryan Tannehill. Tua has already done more in his short time with the Dolphins than Ryan Tannehill did, and I say it in full acknowledgement that Tannehill played more seasons, passed for more yards, touchdowns, won more games total, and saw the team make it to the playoffs. I still believe Ryan Tannehill is a top 10 or top 12 QB in the NFL, and in Tua I am getting top 5 or top 8 vibes. Even in limited opportunities, Tua's offense moves the ball down the field quickly. Tua's offense puts the ball in the end zone when passing distance from the goal line.

We've got ourselves a winner. We've seen worse QB's become Superbowl MVP's. We've got ourselves a captain finally.

I've been holding back saying it until now, but I'm ready to say it. Tua Tagovailoa is a better quarterback than Ryan Tannehill. Tua has already done more in his short time with the Dolphins than Ryan Tannehill did, and I say it in full acknowledgement that Tannehill played more seasons, passed for more yards, touchdowns, won more games total, and saw the team make it to the playoffs. I still believe Ryan Tannehill is a top 10 or top 12 QB in the NFL, and in Tua I am getting top 5 or top 8 vibes. Even in limited opportunities, Tua's offense moves the ball down the field quickly. Tua's offense puts the ball in the end zone when passing distance from the goal line.

We've got ourselves a winner. We've seen worse QB's become Superbowl MVP's. We've got ourselves a captain finally.
It took this long to come to that conclusion? Sheesh.

It took this long to come to that conclusion? Sheesh.
See what a terrible head coach can do? We would catch glimpses and moments of Tua doing well despite Flores. Even after last season, it was the "Miami defense" that won all those games, etc. This year it's a different tune, finally. It's complimentary football, yes, but Tua's offense scores touchdowns. In the past, we'd have probably kicked 3 field goals and scored 1 TD and watched this game tick down 17-15 Bills. 😆

But yes, if we want to look at this rationally, you need to see enough of someone playing well before you say they're better than a QB with several years starting experience. Tannehill has had 30+ TD in a season. Tannehill has gone to an AFC Championship game. We saw all the good qualities Tannehill has. He's a more physically gifted player than Tua, but he does not go for the kill the way that Tua does. I'll take Tua from the 30 yard line over Tannehill from the 15. Cold hard truth.

This play shows the difference between this year and previous years. First off, we have the OL to allow us to take a chance on 3rd and 22. The protection was perfect. A full umbrella for Tua to step into that throw. 2nd, Tua looking off that safety only worked because it was Hill on that medium out pattern. If that's say Preston Williams out there, do you think that safety gives a bleep about that out pattern? It was 3rd and 22. This play illustrates the great job Grier did in getting Armstead, Williams and Hill. And it if course shows that given the needed tools, Tua can make all the throws required and make them accurately.

It’s a good thing Mostert didn’t catch that ball on the pass play. He’d have been dumped in the EZ for a safety. Turns out we needed to run a few more seconds off of the clock on the punt play-turned-safety and those seconds were the difference in the Bills getting a FG try
If they run the ball there, they take another 35 seconds off the clock. The pass was very risky.

I never felt Tannehill had a fair shake here, but regardless Tua is better. Sexy too

That was a phenomenal throw for all his detractors. The sooner they realize they are looking like drooling morons, the better off they will be.
I said it before, but it bears repeating. That was a "big boy" throw. The one to Cracraft was pretty damn good, as well. It had some heat on it, and that was the only way it was going to be completed.

That pass is not something I expected from somebody that looked liked he got lamped by Mike Tyson.
Hill got 2 passes in this game. Bengals better look out. He cant be denied. I actually fear for that white albino tigger wearing kit team. I'm expecting an Offense passing display from our Offense Thursday

Back
Top Bottom