That was a Hell of a Game. Well done reload for 2023 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That was a Hell of a Game. Well done reload for 2023

I do. Daboll and Josh were locked in. They saw eye to eye on the offensive design. And was Joshs OC his entire development.

I like many are hoping for One and Done with Dorsey. Or major improvement in his design and play calling. Most Bills fans I know are ready for him to get his HC job and move to Joe Brady
Dorsey’s meltdown after the first fins game was so epic though. One of the funniest moments of the season!

Again more hyperbole you just said there wasn’t any snow at the stadium. I am sorry that your depth of football knowledge has been tapped and we are into the hyperbole and attacking fans you know nothing about.

Ask Tua about the Bills fan base.
I know you throw snow balls and cheer for dirty players and hits. You can no argue with either of those things.

So then Post your info. Show me where Gabe Davis will hold out and not play. Because until you can do that any other statement is also fantasy.

Clearly you must personally know Gabe. So let’s see those texts.

He is on contract. He will be a Bill. He lost his chance for a lucrative extension this offseason. Maybe they circle back in the summer after they set their team (like they historically do).

Priorities are Edmunds and Poyer. One will get signed other tagged IMO.

Well clearly i'm posting an opinion on the matter as we're projecting someone's plan.

He's on a contract......yes. He will be a Bill......maybe. He won't play a 4th season at near league minimum.......definitely.

The guy scored as many TD's as Tyreek Hill this year and you're sitting here discussing if he should show up for a $1M pay check.

Don't worry though, his agent's at Roc Nation will make the call to initiate the negotiations. Even if you haven't seen enough. They want to get him (and themselves) paid regardless of your expectations. Or they will request a trade. Pretty standard operating procedure.

The 2022 LB tag number was $18.7M in 2022, you can expect that to be closer to $20M with Roquan Smith's contract.

The 2022 S tag number was $12.9M in 2022, that number should stay close to the same for 2023.

I am not sure where you think the money will come from to sign those guys. Cutting Tim Settle saves them 2.2M and cutting Siran Neal saves about 2.25M. Isiah McKenzie's release would also save right around 2.2M. Ironic that a backup WR is making more than Gabe Davis as well huh? Reggie Gilliam will save about 1.3M with his release. Cutting 3 of those 4 players should be enough to get the Bills under the cap by a couple hundred bucks.

Isiah McKenzie should draw a lot of interest in free agency so looks like he's a goner.

Saving, at a minimum, $8M for rookies and in-season signings, where is the rest of the money going to come from? The LB tag is disproportionately higher than the rest of the tag numbers so tagging Edmunds doesn't seem possible. By my math you'd have to clear about $28M before the league year starts just so you can tag a LB. Jordan Poyer, coming off an injury plagued season, will really enjoy a $14M tag a month before his 32nd birthday....(hint, hint, that ain't happening but I really hope it does).

You may be wondering if the transition tag is a better option? It is but not by much.

2022 LB Transition tag = $15.7M, so realistically at least $16M in 2023.

2022 S Transition tag = $10.7, so realistically at least $12M in 2023.

If your answer is going to be that the team can just restructure players and come up with the money, great, music to my ears. That's what I want. Diggs, Miller, Morse, Milano and Dawkins.....We want your older/expensive vets to restructure.

Ahh here you go, I found an extra $4.25M for the Bills. How do you feel about cutting Taron Johnson and having $5M in dead cap money for TJ? I think if we can cut enough players you might be able to sign the one you want to keep.

Note to self: Reach out to Gabe Davis on Twitter.

Last edited:
Well clearly i'm posting an opinion on the matter as we're projecting someone's plan.

He's on a contract......yes. He will be a Bill......maybe. He won't play a 4th season at near league minimum.......definitely.

The guy scored as many TD's as Tyreek Hill this year and you're sitting here discussing if he should show up for a $1M pay check.

Don't worry though, his agent's at Roc Nation will make the call to initiate the negotiations. Even if you haven't seen enough. They want to get him (and themselves) paid regardless of your expectations. Or they will request a trade. Pretty standard operating procedure.

The 2022 LB tag number was $18.7M in 2022, you can expect that to be closer to $20M with Roquan Smith's contract.

The 2022 S tag number was $12.9M in 2022, that number should stay close to the same for 2023.

I am not sure where you think the money will come from to sign those guys. Cutting Tim Settle saves them 2.2M and cutting Siran Neal saves about 2.25M. Isiah McKenzie's release would also save right around 2.2M. Ironic that a backup WR is making more than Gabe Davis as well huh? Reggie Gilliam will save about 1.3M with his release. Cutting 3 of those 4 players should be enough to get the Bills under the cap by a couple hundred bucks.

Isiah McKenzie should draw a lot of interest in free agency so looks like he's a goner.

Saving, at a minimum, $8M for rookies and in-season signings, where is the rest of the money going to come from? The LB tag is disproportionately higher than the rest of the tag numbers so tagging Edmunds doesn't seem possible. By my math you'd have to clear about $28M before the league year starts just so you can tag a LB. Jordan Poyer, coming off an injury plagued season, will really enjoy a $14M tag a month before his 32nd birthday....(hint, hint, that ain't happening but I really hope it does).

You may be wondering if the transition tag is a better option? It is but not by much.

2022 LB Transition tag = $15.7M, so realistically at least $16M in 2023.

2022 S Transition tag = $10.7, so realistically at least $12M in 2023.

If your answer is going to be that the team can just restructure players and come up with the money, great, music to my ears. That's what I want. Diggs, Miller, Morse, Milano and Dawkins.....We want your older/expensive vets to restructure.

Ahh here you go, I found an extra $4.25M for the Bills. How do you feel about cutting Taron Johnson and having $5M in dead cap money for TJ? I think if we can cut enough players you might be able to sign the one you want to keep.

Note to self: Reach out to Gabe Davis on Twitter.
Easy extend Oliver (frees 9M) kick allens can down the road Frees 25M.

Now I have enough to sign everyone I need to. This isnt hard happens every year. Makes it easy when you can tap into the QB Bank account every year.

Easy extend Oliver (frees 9M) kick allens can down the road Frees 25M.

Now I have enough to sign everyone I need to. This isnt hard happens every year. Makes it easy when you can tap into the QB Bank account every year.

Ah I see, Oliver will get one of those contracts that doesn’t consist of a signing bonus.

Realistically they can cut about half of his cap hit with an extension, pretty much identical to what Miami has planned for Christian Wilkins.

As fas as restructuring goes, that’s what I’m hoping Buffalo does. It’s a fruitless philosophy that does nothing but compound exponentially over time. Something the Dolphins are dealing with right now.

Ah I see, Oliver will get one of those contracts that doesn’t consist of a signing bonus.

Realistically they can cut about half of his cap hit with an extension, pretty much identical to what Miami has planned for Christian Wilkins.

As fas as restructuring goes, that’s what I’m hoping Buffalo does. It’s a fruitless philosophy that does nothing but compound exponentially over time. Something the Dolphins are dealing with right now.
Ahhh there it is. You don’t understand how things can be structured. Got it. Happens often Oliver can save between 7-9M. Probably closer to 7.

Yeah at the end of the day at the end of Allen’s career there are some championships no one will care about a cap reset. Welcome to the league. Key is not kicking the can down on older or underperforming players. THAT is what the fins are dealing with.

Kicking your can on your 25 year old Top 3 QB is a totally different story.

Ahhh there it is. You don’t understand how things can be structured. Got it. Happens often Oliver can save between 7-9M. Probably closer to 7.

Yeah at the end of the day at the end of Allen’s career there are some championships no one will care about a cap reset. Welcome to the league. Key is not kicking the can down on older or underperforming players. THAT is what the fins are dealing with.

Kicking your can on your 25 year old Top 3 QB is a totally different story.

And there it is, I’m arguing with a guy who doesn’t even know how old his QB is.

You can’t save $9M on a 10.75M one year guaranteed salary unless the player is representing himself and he’a brain dead (or a billionaire who doesn’t need the money).

Dudes not going to wait a year for a signing bonus. What your proposing will have Oliver willingly see his 2023 compensation drop by almost $10M. Best case he saves $8M if he takes a smaller bonus and massive 2024 guaranteed salary. Which will bring us back to this same conversation next year.

Also kicking the can down the road is exactly what I want to see Buffalo do for precisely the reasons you mentioned with us. That’s why I was actually pumped when the Bills signed Von Miller. I knew his contract would hinder them if it didn’t pay immediate dividends.

Josh Allen is gonna be 27 May 21st, if you cared. Same birthday as Ricky Williams and Dave Wannstedt coincidentally. Two of those three I knew before today.

And there it is, I’m arguing with a guy who doesn’t even know how old his QB is.

You can’t save $9M on a 10.75M one year guaranteed salary unless the player is representing himself and he’a brain dead (or a billionaire who doesn’t need the money).

Dudes not going to wait a year for a signing bonus. What your proposing will have Oliver willingly see his 2023 compensation drop by almost $10M. Best case he saves $8M if he takes a smaller bonus and massive 2024 guaranteed salary. Which will bring us back to this same conversation next year.

Also kicking the can down the road is exactly what I want to see Buffalo do for precisely the reasons you mentioned with us. That’s why I was actually pumped when the Bills signed Von Miller. I knew his contract would hinder them if it didn’t pay immediate dividends.

Josh Allen is gonna be 27 May 21st, if you cared. Same birthday as Ricky Williams and Dave Wannstedt. Two of those three I knew before today.
My QB is 26 years old. Apologize for the typo. The facts still remains. Kick his can. Von has outs. So yeah keep worrying about the highly manipulated accounting rule. I will enjoy any cap reset as I get some championships.

And I even will come back and say you were right IF gave Davis misses a 2023 game via holdout. Bet you cannot commit to the same.

I would be worried having your QB hold out more than being worried about Gabe Davis. Steinberg gonna make Fins PAY Tua as president has been set this is the offseason to pay the Young QB.

Last edited:
My QB is 26 years old. Apologize for the typo. The facts still remains. Kick his can. Von has outs. So yeah keep worrying about the highly manipulated accounting rule. I will enjoy any cap reset as I get some championships.

You might win a championship.

Or a QB a lot better than Mac Jones or Skylar Thompson won’t let you squeak by.

Also it’s a massive injustice that the Bengals have to travel to Buffalo for this game. It should absolutely be in Cincinnati.

A much bigger injustice than that phony late hit on Josh Allen by Elandon Roberts.

All the worst to Matt “muddy” Milano. Muddy is my new nickname for him, because, well, you know. He’s dirty.

Takes a special piece of crap to shove a defenseless QB straight backwards like that when he’s already throw the ball. The flag was almost an insult.

The irony of Elandon Roberts getting penalized for trying to keep Josh Allen from falling down out of bounds on the most important play of both our seasons, is not lost on me.

Kinda poetic.

But hey your in the playoffs and I’m a sore loser. Enjoy the free home game against a pissed off Joe Burrow. With all eyes watching Tre’Davious White won’t get away with 3-4 penalties, like he did in the first half of the rematch. His presence was definitely important for Buffalo. A lesser corner doesn’t get away with THAT many penalties.

I said it before that I wished we played Buffalo 17 straight games, some posters thought I was nuts of course. But I knew what we had. Didn’t go smoothly of course. But the wrinkles will be ironed for sure.

But seriously, good luck against the 14-3 Cincinnati Bengals. They have won every game since Halloween including a 7-3 win over your Bills on January 2nd.

Somehow the No.1 seed in the AFC is on the road in the divisional round? WTF?

In closing I will say one good thing about Buffalo because gosh darn it I’m a great guy. It’s amazing the way the Bills fans can rallly for a cause. The money for raised for Demar Hamlin’s charity should be the norm. Kudos for that stuff.

You might be interested to know I actually work about 2 blocks from Andre Reed Boulevard. Puke.

Last edited:
Not much of a fan of most Bill's fans, but this piece seems well-thought and pretty damned accurate.

Back
Top Bottom