That was a Hell of a Game. Well done reload for 2023 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That was a Hell of a Game. Well done reload for 2023

Has nothing to do with horse shoes or hand grenades. Bottom line is if they play that sloppy against a better equipped team than us it will be a quick departure from the playoffs.

I'd rather listed to BFIP than read another ****ing thread on how amazing this season was because we didn't get blown out yesterday.
Ever think about lightening up just a tad? We had a 7th round freaking rookie at QB.....

Guess R Davis will be holding out for the Fins as well

Hopefully, he sure as hell held out on the last run by Buffalo (that wasn't a first down) just watching the pile move forward.

Nice try though, I'll buy Raekwon Davis's ticket to Pittsburgh to join his buddy Brian Flores, I certainly have no use for him.

However, if he was in fact a really good player, then yes I would expect a hold out and a contract extension.

2nd and 3rd picks can afford to holdout when they are scheduled to make peanuts. That's their leverage. Buffalo needs Gave Davis at $1M a lot more than Gabe Davis needs $1M from the Bills. He'll be lucky to clear $600K after taxes and agent fees.

Leverage is probably my favorite word in the English language.

Hopefully, he sure as hell held out on the last run by Buffalo (that wasn't a first down) just watching the pile move forward.

Nice try though, I'll buy Raekwon Davis's ticket to Pittsburgh to join his buddy Brian Flores, I certainly have no use for him.

However, if he was in fact a really good player, then yes I would expect a hold out and a contract extension.

2nd and 3rd picks can afford to holdout when they are scheduled to make peanuts. That's their leverage. Buffalo needs Gave Davis at $1M a lot more than Gabe Davis needs $1M from the Bills. He'll be lucky to clear $600K after taxes and agent fees.

Leverage is probably my favorite word in the English language.
Cool Then I will take the Picks and Move on. Davis isnt holding out, and if it was me I am not paying him and his limited route tree and questionable hands. He was all set up for the step and maybe land 12M a season this offseason from the Bills. Now I think that is off the board this year. He will take a team friendly extension or he will be playing he final year of his rookie deal in Buffalo. He wont hold out past maybe voluntary stuff, and to be honest that wont bother me one bit as it is voluntary

Also, Buffalo's problems extend past yesterday.

They were VERY fortunate to get two KO return TD's in the SAME game.

Not to mention the canceled Bengals game was not going in their favor either.

If there is one thing I'm not worried about, its the 2023-2026 Buffalo Bills.

I am not sure what Sean McDermott does for them exactly? If they would've lost yesterday I could've easily expected to be hearing a different Sean's named linked to them today.

Wouldn't be shocked if Sean Payton tried to squeeze into a different Sean's seat. Keep on eye on that one when Buffalo can't just blitz Mahomes and Burrow the way they could Skylar Thompson. Burrow will take a 100 sacks and still beat you.

I've got to give you kudos because you get a ton of flack here and continue coming back regardless. I respect that. I enjoy your posts because you tend to offer actual insight on both the Bills and the Dolphins and it's nice hearing an outsider's point of view.

I'm proud of the Dolphins and I think we've found our coach and as long as we can keep Tua healthy, I think we've found our QB as well. McDaniel has a ton of **** to work on this offseason with his clock management being top of the list and his third and short play calling not far behind but there was a hell of a lot more good than bad this season imo. I expect the defense to improve next season with the return of Needham, Jones and Ogbah, a healthy Howard and the continued improvement of young players like Holland, Kohou, Phillips and others.

Good luck to you the rest of the year.
Classy post. I really like BFIP as he is a ā€œplusā€ poster. So what heā€™s a Bills fan. I grew up with all Giants and Jets fans. The knowledgeable ones were the best to talk football with. BFIP posts win or lose and is far from a troll. Heā€™s knowledgeable about all teams - not just his Bills and I like his insights. Wish more people would embrace him as a brother vs just see an ā€œenemyā€ because heā€™s a fan of another team. Remember NY Junc? He didnā€™t come in peace and could be a real troll even though I found him entertaining. But he didnā€™t enhance the quality of the board. BFIP does. As Iā€™ve gotten older Iā€™ve gotten more tolerant too. That said, no Pats fans should be allowed on here no matter what šŸ˜‚

Also, Buffalo's problems extend past yesterday.

They were VERY fortunate to get two KO return TD's in the SAME game.

Not to mention the canceled Bengals game was not going in their favor either.

If there is one thing I'm not worried about, its the 2023-2026 Buffalo Bills.
I wouldnt worry about them either at this point. There is no telling what the 2023 Bills will look like right now.

No because Holland has played two years and only one of them has been productive. Brandon Jones has missed almost his entire 3rd season and is a one dimensional player. I would laugh at either player if they asked for a new contract.

Bills can do that. Gabe Davis is justified in asking for a new contract. You say he has no leverage but thats wrong too. The fact that he makes so little money is leverage in itself. He can simply ask for a trade to a team that values his more than $1M salary.

Its really cute the way you think Gabe Davis is life long Bills fan and would do anything to help the franchise at his own expense.

You keep talking about Davis not taking something mythical "next step". Doesn't matter if he's a 12M a year player or 16M a year player, he's not a $1M a year player anymore.

Giants and Bears would have an interest in paying him big bucks and since he's not that great a WR, they'd both be willing to give up a 4th rounder to get him.

What do you say, if he wants a new contract, will you trade him for a 4th rounder?
I doubt anyone is giving up a 4th or 5th for 1 year of Gabe Davis. But then the bears did give up 32 for Claypool, so maybe they are dumb enough.

He's basically a younger Mack Hollins (big explosive WR with not really any WR skills) playing with a QB that can chuck it. The bills getting a real WR2 is probably the thing that concerns me most about next season. They aren't going to prioritize Davis over Edmunds or Poyer.

Ever think about lightening up just a tad? We had a 7th round freaking rookie at QB.....
Itā€™s like you are a magnet to ANY post that is critical of the team what so ever. Just let people vent my god. Itā€™s not like this is a positives only thread.

I doubt anyone is giving up a 4th or 5th for 1 year of Gabe Davis. But then the bears did give up 32 for Claypool, so maybe they are dumb enough.

He's basically a younger Mack Hollins (big explosive WR with not really any WR skills) playing with a QB that can chuck it. The bills getting a real WR2 is probably the thing that concerns me most about next season. They aren't going to prioritize Davis over Edmunds or Poyer.
Thank you......

Edmunds is Priority
Poyer is Next

One will likely get the extension and other the tag. If it was me I would extend Edmunds and Tag Poyer.

Those are the ONLY two that need to be re-signed next year all other UFAs are replaceable IMO or already have replacements on the roster (Like Singletary)

IMO Shakir will be Better than Davis in the long run because he has a full route tree. Good in the Open Field has the speed, runs crisp routes can find soft spots in zone.

I think Davis looks better than he is because of his QB. I suspect his numbers to go way down with a lesser QB throwing to him

So Wild Card weekend where anything can happen and why the Bye is very important. See SD and Jax. See Giants and Minny.

So every teams motto is survive and advance. That is what happened Sunday survived and advanced. However now that I am back home got to think a bit I figured I would post my observations on the game. And keep my observations on the game only in this thread so I donā€™t get thread locked in other areas that I am having pretty good conversations in.

First. I donā€™t know what Dorsey was thinking. I donā€™t know if he said OK they go Cover 0 we go Verticals. It worked in the 1st QTR when the WRs caught and Allen hit ā€˜em. However in the 2nd QTR (one of the worst called offensive QTRs I have seen from the Bills) they didnā€™t stop. There was no settle down plays when things were snowballing still go vertical.

There was a slight adjustment after halftime and that seemed to prove just enough.

I think the Fins are a really good team. And almost there. Coming out of this game I think it is clear to me you need a legit WR3. I think they went into the season hoping Wilson was that. Maybe he can be in year two of this offense. But damn when the well is dry from Hill or Waddle there is nothing else there. I donā€™t spend a lot of time on RBs as that position is a dime a dozen and replaceable every year. What I will say here is donā€™t pay for one. Just find one in the Draft they are always there and run their legs off on their rookie deal rinse and repeat.

It was good to see Fins work to exploit the weak Right Side of Buffalo as well as expose the weak OG play. I have been screaming about it all season that the Bills OL is not good and Allen makes them look better. So It was good to see a team validate that for me.

I think your defense played lights out. Yes they gave up their fair share of plays (that will happen against Elite QB and top end weapons) but they also got their fair share of plays. X pick was a thing of beauty. Holland did what you expect catch all tips and overthrows. That defense played with fire and guts. Not much more you can ask from them. Heck even Chubb made a play.

It really has been funny with Bills and MIA games. If you look at the stats in all the games and didnā€™t watch the games you would think Bills destroyed them each time until you see the score. That is how matchup wise these two teams really are. Which kind of makes sense, Bills built their team to beat KC. You would think the rest of the AFC would also try and build their team to beat KC which makes those matchups that much closer.

The Bills are a flawed team. Always have been this year. Their QB play makes up for a lot of those flaws. But the OL is and has been weak since forever. So many high value assets spent on that Defense and just shows when you run into a powerful offense it really doesnā€™t matter. It still comes down to which offense scores more points in a shootout.

Now I also think the self inflicted wounds made this game closer than it needed to be by halftime and once that happened it was going to be a 4 QTR fight. That 2nd QTR is what ended up making and keeping this a close game.

All and all it was good to see not relying on Joshā€™s legs to take a game over but dang Dorsey never come up with a gameplan like that again.

I do think if the game played out exactly like it did with Tua at QB you all win. Reason being from the club seat watching the field there was Fin WRs open every play. Bills DBs were dropping coverage left and right. It was almost like they were counting on Thompson only reading half the field. It wasnā€™t blown coverage. More like that is what they were coached to do this week.

All and all I think This Rivalry is back and these will be the two teams battling for the AFCE crown for 2023 and on. Honorable mention to the Jets too if they can find a serviceable QB.

Also that game showed exactly why I didnā€™t want this matchup. Had to embrace it once I got it. But would have rather saw NE or Pitt.
You have balls of steel man.

Iā€™m a huge dolphins fan and I can barely stand the people on here but you always keep your cool and try to speak logically.

And, you could be a Jets or Pats fan.

Respect šŸ»

Now go jump through a table you crazy bastard :)

Back
Top Bottom