That was a Hell of a Game. Well done reload for 2023 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That was a Hell of a Game. Well done reload for 2023

Thank you......

Edmunds is Priority
Poyer is Next

One will likely get the extension and other the tag. If it was me I would extend Edmunds and Tag Poyer.

Those are the ONLY two that need to be re-signed next year all other UFAs are replaceable IMO or already have replacements on the roster (Like Singletary)
I was a big fan of Edmund’s father when he played for us. Big, fast TE

It’s like you are a magnet to ANY post that is critical of the team what so ever. Just let people vent my god. It’s not like this is a positives only thread.
How am I not letting him vent? My words on the screen carry so much weight? Vent all you want. However, I have my own take I'll toss in there and if you don't care for it go take a steaming dump in your hat.

So Wild Card weekend where anything can happen and why the Bye is very important. See SD and Jax. See Giants and Minny.

So every teams motto is survive and advance. That is what happened Sunday survived and advanced. However now that I am back home got to think a bit I figured I would post my observations on the game. And keep my observations on the game only in this thread so I don’t get thread locked in other areas that I am having pretty good conversations in.

First. I don’t know what Dorsey was thinking. I don’t know if he said OK they go Cover 0 we go Verticals. It worked in the 1st QTR when the WRs caught and Allen hit ‘em. However in the 2nd QTR (one of the worst called offensive QTRs I have seen from the Bills) they didn’t stop. There was no settle down plays when things were snowballing still go vertical.

There was a slight adjustment after halftime and that seemed to prove just enough.

I think the Fins are a really good team. And almost there. Coming out of this game I think it is clear to me you need a legit WR3. I think they went into the season hoping Wilson was that. Maybe he can be in year two of this offense. But damn when the well is dry from Hill or Waddle there is nothing else there. I don’t spend a lot of time on RBs as that position is a dime a dozen and replaceable every year. What I will say here is don’t pay for one. Just find one in the Draft they are always there and run their legs off on their rookie deal rinse and repeat.

It was good to see Fins work to exploit the weak Right Side of Buffalo as well as expose the weak OG play. I have been screaming about it all season that the Bills OL is not good and Allen makes them look better. So It was good to see a team validate that for me.

I think your defense played lights out. Yes they gave up their fair share of plays (that will happen against Elite QB and top end weapons) but they also got their fair share of plays. X pick was a thing of beauty. Holland did what you expect catch all tips and overthrows. That defense played with fire and guts. Not much more you can ask from them. Heck even Chubb made a play.

It really has been funny with Bills and MIA games. If you look at the stats in all the games and didn’t watch the games you would think Bills destroyed them each time until you see the score. That is how matchup wise these two teams really are. Which kind of makes sense, Bills built their team to beat KC. You would think the rest of the AFC would also try and build their team to beat KC which makes those matchups that much closer.

The Bills are a flawed team. Always have been this year. Their QB play makes up for a lot of those flaws. But the OL is and has been weak since forever. So many high value assets spent on that Defense and just shows when you run into a powerful offense it really doesn’t matter. It still comes down to which offense scores more points in a shootout.

Now I also think the self inflicted wounds made this game closer than it needed to be by halftime and once that happened it was going to be a 4 QTR fight. That 2nd QTR is what ended up making and keeping this a close game.

All and all it was good to see not relying on Josh’s legs to take a game over but dang Dorsey never come up with a gameplan like that again.

I do think if the game played out exactly like it did with Tua at QB you all win. Reason being from the club seat watching the field there was Fin WRs open every play. Bills DBs were dropping coverage left and right. It was almost like they were counting on Thompson only reading half the field. It wasn’t blown coverage. More like that is what they were coached to do this week.

All and all I think This Rivalry is back and these will be the two teams battling for the AFCE crown for 2023 and on. Honorable mention to the Jets too if they can find a serviceable QB.

Also that game showed exactly why I didn’t want this matchup. Had to embrace it once I got it. But would have rather saw NE or Pitt.
What do you think of our coach mike mcdaniel? He got team to fight and got offense surging with Tua. But all season his clock managment as been horrible. The last second play calls with 10 seconds or left for play clock I feel is to blame often for so many offensive penalties with o line or delay or game. Miami wasted time outs because of that crap in this game. And that 4th and 1 pissed me off so much with mike. I was like "get the ****ing play in!" It's 4th and one. Once we got that penalty, I knew miami would not get first down with skylar as qb. He had all season to fix this but still didn't. He frustrates the hell out of me.

You have balls of steel man.

I’m a huge dolphins fan and I can barely stand the people on here but you always keep your cool and try to speak logically.

And, you could be a Jets or Pats fan.

Respect 🍻

Now go jump through a table you crazy bastard :)
I did it one time (body is well not the same as it used to be after football from 8 years old then 20 years Army) and it HURT LIKE ****. I then said OK enough of that stupid ****. So I wont be jumping through tables again, well unless we win the Lombardi. I will then do it, film it and post here so all you can laugh at this old fat guy trying to climb up a ladder to go through a table (jesus that does sound stupid)

I doubt anyone is giving up a 4th or 5th for 1 year of Gabe Davis. But then the bears did give up 32 for Claypool, so maybe they are dumb enough.

He's basically a younger Mack Hollins (big explosive WR with not really any WR skills) playing with a QB that can chuck it. The bills getting a real WR2 is probably the thing that concerns me most about next season. They aren't going to prioritize Davis over Edmunds or Poyer.

Lol.

Giants, Cardinals and Bears would fall over themselves running their picks to Buffalo for Gabe Davis.

Mack Hollins is not an NFL WR by any stretch. That's a terrible comparison for a guy that just had 6 catches,113 yards and a game winning TD against you yesterday.

I did it one time (body is well not the same as it used to be after football from 8 years old then 20 years Army) and it HURT LIKE ****. I then said OK enough of that stupid ****. So I wont be jumping through tables again, well unless we win the Lombardi. I will then do it, film it and post here so all you can laugh at this old fat guy trying to climb up a ladder to go through a table (jesus that does sound stupid)
Pics or it didn’t happen

I was a big fan of Edmund’s father when he played for us. Big, fast TE
He is starting to see the entire field. I wish his instincts where better at times, and I have always been on the fence about re-signing him, but this year it is like the light clicked on and I am now seeing what the Bills thought was there. He feels like he has been in the league forever in reality has been in 5 years now, and is ONLY 24.

Lol.

Giants, Cardinals and Bears would fall over themselves running their picks to Buffalo for Gabe Davis.

Mack Hollins is not an NFL WR by any stretch. That's a terrible comparison for a guy that just had 6 catches,113 yards and a game winning TD against you yesterday.
Bring me their picks I will gladly take that 2nd or up

What do you think of our coach mike mcdaniel? He got team to fight and got offense surging with Tua. But all season his clock managment as been horrible. The last second play calls with 10 seconds or left for play clock I feel is to blame often for so many offensive penalties with o line or delay or game. Miami wasted time outs because of that crap in this game. And that 4th and 1 pissed me off so much with mike. I was like "get the ****ing play in!" It's 4th and one. Once we got that penalty, I knew miami would not get first down with skylar as qb. He had all season to fix this but still didn't. He frustrates the hell out of me.
I think your Coach is a good one. There are some issues with game management, but young HCs seem to have problems there. Clock management is a problem but I think that is also because he has so much on his plate. Andy Reid a notorious HC with clock issues also calls plays. I really think it would help in in 2023 to give up playcalling and just focus on the game day management and being a CEO. To at least help improve and take a bit off his plate. Fact remains he had Tua talked about in the MVP race for alot of the season. I think he will be a very good HC going forward if he can improve the game day management stuff.

I think your Coach is a good one. There are some issues with game management, but young HCs seem to have problems there. Clock management is a problem but I think that is also because he has so much on his plate. Andy Reid a notorious HC with clock issues also calls plays. I really think it would help in in 2023 to give up playcalling and just focus on the game day management and being a CEO. To at least help improve and take a bit off his plate. Fact remains he had Tua talked about in the MVP race for alot of the season. I think he will be a very good HC going forward if he can improve the game day management stuff.
He impressed me yesterday in that he took his FGs - which proved to be the right calls - 3 times. He would not have done that earlier in the year. I put that in the game management bucket - which is getting better. Clock management is the worst we’ve ever had and he needs to clean it up - I agree he should give up plan calling

He impressed me yesterday in that he took his FGs - which proved to be the right calls - 3 times. He would not have done that earlier in the year. I put that in the game management bucket - which is getting better. Clock management is the worst we’ve ever had and he needs to clean it up - I agree he should give up plan calling
I agree with this. I think if I take away the play clock issues it was a massive improvement by him. Took the points at the right time. Went for it on 4th correctly. Went for 2 correctly, when announcers and all went chasing point crap. All and all is was probably the best coached game he had this year. In the playoffs on the road. That is a very good sign

So Wild Card weekend where anything can happen and why the Bye is very important. See SD and Jax. See Giants and Minny.

So every teams motto is survive and advance. That is what happened Sunday survived and advanced. However now that I am back home got to think a bit I figured I would post my observations on the game. And keep my observations on the game only in this thread so I don’t get thread locked in other areas that I am having pretty good conversations in.

First. I don’t know what Dorsey was thinking. I don’t know if he said OK they go Cover 0 we go Verticals. It worked in the 1st QTR when the WRs caught and Allen hit ‘em. However in the 2nd QTR (one of the worst called offensive QTRs I have seen from the Bills) they didn’t stop. There was no settle down plays when things were snowballing still go vertical.

There was a slight adjustment after halftime and that seemed to prove just enough.

I think the Fins are a really good team. And almost there. Coming out of this game I think it is clear to me you need a legit WR3. I think they went into the season hoping Wilson was that. Maybe he can be in year two of this offense. But damn when the well is dry from Hill or Waddle there is nothing else there. I don’t spend a lot of time on RBs as that position is a dime a dozen and replaceable every year. What I will say here is don’t pay for one. Just find one in the Draft they are always there and run their legs off on their rookie deal rinse and repeat.

It was good to see Fins work to exploit the weak Right Side of Buffalo as well as expose the weak OG play. I have been screaming about it all season that the Bills OL is not good and Allen makes them look better. So It was good to see a team validate that for me.

I think your defense played lights out. Yes they gave up their fair share of plays (that will happen against Elite QB and top end weapons) but they also got their fair share of plays. X pick was a thing of beauty. Holland did what you expect catch all tips and overthrows. That defense played with fire and guts. Not much more you can ask from them. Heck even Chubb made a play.

It really has been funny with Bills and MIA games. If you look at the stats in all the games and didn’t watch the games you would think Bills destroyed them each time until you see the score. That is how matchup wise these two teams really are. Which kind of makes sense, Bills built their team to beat KC. You would think the rest of the AFC would also try and build their team to beat KC which makes those matchups that much closer.

The Bills are a flawed team. Always have been this year. Their QB play makes up for a lot of those flaws. But the OL is and has been weak since forever. So many high value assets spent on that Defense and just shows when you run into a powerful offense it really doesn’t matter. It still comes down to which offense scores more points in a shootout.

Now I also think the self inflicted wounds made this game closer than it needed to be by halftime and once that happened it was going to be a 4 QTR fight. That 2nd QTR is what ended up making and keeping this a close game.

All and all it was good to see not relying on Josh’s legs to take a game over but dang Dorsey never come up with a gameplan like that again.

I do think if the game played out exactly like it did with Tua at QB you all win. Reason being from the club seat watching the field there was Fin WRs open every play. Bills DBs were dropping coverage left and right. It was almost like they were counting on Thompson only reading half the field. It wasn’t blown coverage. More like that is what they were coached to do this week.

All and all I think This Rivalry is back and these will be the two teams battling for the AFCE crown for 2023 and on. Honorable mention to the Jets too if they can find a serviceable QB.

Also that game showed exactly why I didn’t want this matchup. Had to embrace it once I got it. But would have rather saw NE or Pitt.
All I am going to say is your scum players ask for prayers then play like dirty cheap ****s. The Halmin stuff is just words if Bills fans cared about health they would suspend Milano the rest of the season.

All I am going to say is your scum players ask for prayers then play like dirty cheap ****s. The Halmin stuff is just words if Bills fans cared about health they would suspend Milano the rest of the season.
Why would they suspend Milano. For a Hit that was legal and in the field of play? Sorry I just don’t get the Milano hate here.

Why would they suspend Milano. For a Hit that was legal and in the field of play? Sorry I just don’t get the Milano hate here.
It was unnecessary. We knew the NFL would not make calls about the against the Bills. Just cut the pray for Delmar shot if you cheer for head hunters and franchise that puts concussed guys out on the field. Bills players look like frauds today.

It was unnecessary. We knew the NFL would not make calls about the against the Bills. Just cut the pray for Delmar shot if you cheer for head hunters and franchise that puts concussed guys out on the field. Bills players look like frauds today.

So should the fins have been called on the same exact play when Allen was on the sideline? Just asking. Because the same exact thing happened is that fun player dirty?

I am also not cheering it but it was a legal and clean play wasn’t it.

Also should I blame Higgins and call him dirty for a legal hit that led to a Dakar Commotio Cordis?

Back
Top Bottom