That Was Pass Interference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That Was Pass Interference

J. David Wannyheimer

Writing in pencil on laminated cards since 2011
Club Member
Reaction score
Since the game thread discussion was closed, and it's a hot topic, get your hot takes in here.

My thoughts:

1. It was clearly pass interference that should have been flagged.
2. The NFL was correct to flag it for review.
3. The NFL was correct to overturn the lousy officiating on the field.
4. The Jets' win helps Miami significantly in terms of draft position, but more importantly...
5. I think this makes it much more likely that Adam Gase returns as Jets head coach in 2020.

Pretty happy with the outcome. Sam Darnold stunk up the joint like a bum for 60 minutes, the Jets clearly suck and got outplayed overall (IMO), but Miami got the all-important loss in the standings and reaps the double benefit of a division rival now being less likely to fire its boob of a coach.

It doesn't matter if it was or wasn't PI. The problem with this new REVIEW from NEW YORK NFL is that it wasn't called on the field. You are having a bunch of guys with hidden agendas, or not so hidden in an office hundreds of miles, if not thousands of miles away determining the outcome of games. They're rushing to get a call out back to the game for the refs while watching eight other games and making calls for those as well. This is plain horrible.

Since the game thread discussion was closed, and it's a hot topic, get your hot takes in here.

My thoughts:

1. It was clearly pass interference that should have been flagged.
2. The NFL was correct to flag it for review.
3. The NFL was correct to overturn the lousy officiating on the field.
4. The Jets' win helps Miami significantly in terms of draft position, but more importantly...
5. I think this makes it much more likely that Adam Gase returns as Jets head coach in 2020.

Pretty happy with the outcome. Sam Darnold stunk up the joint like a bum for 60 minutes, the Jets clearly suck and got outplayed overall (IMO), but Miami got the all-important loss in the standings and reaps the double benefit of a division rival now being less likely to fire its boob of a coach.
You agree because it fits your tank agenda. If the call is too close to make on the field, there needs to be indisputable evidence to create a call that was never made. The new rule was for egregious non-calls. This was not egregious and literally stole the game which was essentially won at that point. The inconsistency in making these calls gives the NFL the appearance of fixing games. Today did nothing to change that and actually made it worse.

Probably was PI....but what you don't like is the challenge after the call has been made on a penalty.....certainly nothing egregious enough to change the result of the play.

You are correct that by rule the call and how it was done is correct. However, I hate the reviewability of PI. It is applied inconsistently, and it takes too long, given that it is a bang-bang play. There are too many stoppages as-is. Football is losing viewership because 60 minutes of game clock is only about 10 minutes of actual action and takes more than 3 hours to play. More stoppage time was not the answer.

That was not pass interference. Where the ball was , and where the WR made the Initial turn. Ball was out of play by length of a football. I love Flores going nuts. We got ourselves a great future coach. Team is going to be great years to come.

It was a PI, but I hate the notion of reviewing these calls now. This is going to make the league even more unwatchable for me. I've already seen ref BS today in other games too.

All reviews need to be broadcast live with audio. One smaller league did it, it think xfl

It was. My only gripe was that I didn't think there was anything egregious in the replay or actually definitive compared to real time. Not worth getting upset about though. We lost on other plays and didn't deserve to win.

I'm not rooting for tanking but draft position is consolation.

Back
Top Bottom