That Was Pass Interference | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That Was Pass Interference

How about 1 referee on the field to place the ball at the LOS and all of the penalties be called by officials in New York where each call would just be displayed up on the Jumbotron after each play? It’s the way we’re headed, and we’re almost there.
In fact, since the sport is so dangerous, just graft players’ measurables onto AI-laden dummies? I swear had I not grown up on this sport, I would never watch it now.

Yep that’s pass interference. The hook of the shoulder is one thing the turn is another

pass interference

Didn't see the play but IMO Pass Interference should never result in a first down unless the infraction happened past the sticks. Distance only penalty.

Didn't see the play but IMO Pass Interference should never result in a first down unless the infraction happened past the sticks. Distance only penalty.
Would make them replay the down? Cause if not, on 3rd downs, DC's will instantly coach their DBs to tackle WRs as soon as the ball is released on any throws short of the sticks.

Would make them replay the down? Cause if not, on 3rd downs, DC's will instantly coach their DBs to tackle WRs as soon as the ball is released on any throws short of the sticks.

Why would they do that? Then they would have to face the same 3rd down with a shorter distance to defend. I disagree. Why not just tackle them short of the sticks if you are in that close of a defensive position.

I disagree, that assumes no one ever gets YAC, the deterrent is there, if you softened the punishment, we would see way more CBs getting way too grabby.

I disagree, that assumes no one ever gets YAC, the deterrent is there, if you softened the punishment, we would see way more CBs getting way too grabby.

If you are close enough to get grabby then you can also eliminate any YAC with a good tackle and force the punt. You are just forcing yourself to face a shorter 3rd down with that strategy. Agree to disagree.

The narrative certainly fits the agenda you have been whining about all year long, this review just highlights the exact reason I was against this rule change from the start. There is no consistency on these reviews from call to call and there is zero consistency on plays they choose to overrule vs. ones they let go. You could just as easily argue that this shouldn't have been overturned at all due to previously reviewed plays that stayed earlier in the year.

At the end of the day this rule change has opened one big gigantic can of worms. It will have some sort of unintended consiquence in the playoffs this year, that I promise you.
What you really mean is "intended" consequences... Usually favoring one of the league "darlings".

Back
Top Bottom