That Was Pass Interference | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That Was Pass Interference

I think it was technically PI. My biggest complaint is the lack of consistency in the review results...which is my biggest complaint on most officiating issues. We've had challenges where the call stands where it looked the defender was performing an inner body cavity check...much worse than this one. I know this was an inside the 2 minute review, but how would a coach know when it's wise to challenge...the results appear to be completely arbitrary.

There’s no rule that allows holding to be reviewed or challenged. My thing is, yeah it was PI. But the refs didn’t see (or they didn’t feel it was) it during live play but because it was under 2:00 mins they decide to review it and fix a mistake. What happens if this happens at 2:01? What’s happening is the refs are fixing their missed calls against Miami, the same stuff they let go for teams like New England nearly every damn play.

Exactly.. the same thing happened in the first half of the Cleveland game (under 2 min to half) and they awarded a no call on the PI on the field to OBJ..after review.

I thought the whole rules change was for egregiously wrong calls. That was too close to over turn. NFL is becoming more corrupt each year
I agree. Too many games are decided by bad calls. Hate to say it, but New England got hosed today as well, which is highly unusual.

I'd say 10 percent of the games are decided by bad calls.

Team still playing hard

Flores is going to fight for his team

Close game in NY against a team with a ton more talent, but a shitty coach and no ****ing drive.

Gase staying in NY for another year is such a great thing.

Three more games, I tend to get real apathetic towards the team at different times over the last 20 or so years, but I can honesly say that this is the most interested I have been int he team.

Looking forward to a strong finish and an exciting off-season.

The most frustrating thing is that it was incorrect application of a bad rule. That's doubly bad.

If they had called PI on the field, I'd have been upset -- not so much at the call, but of the situation and when they choose to call it. But what occurred here are things under league control.
This times 1000. If it was called on the field it’s one thing but not a single ref threw the flag. To go back and review is just ridiculous. Why aren’t they reviewing holding? I promise there was atleast one hold vs our dline on that final drive, why not review those? Save the reviews for turnover or overturning bad calls.

Wait, there are people that think it wasn't PI? It was clear as day in the replay.

Such Homers.

Letter of the law it was PI but you had to really see it in super slow motion. The defender had his hand on the shoulder of the receiver and spun him around a bit. That same play gets a no call basically the whole game. Then, with the outcome of the game on the line they decide to go to a NY review on such a bang bang play. The flag never came out!!! But NY threw their own flag. They really need to get this thing fixed. 3rd and 17 and they gift the Jets a first down and the win, no flag and we win and that's not right.

This times 1000. If it was called on the field it’s one thing but not a single ref threw the flag. To go back and review is just ridiculous. Why aren’t they reviewing holding? I promise there was atleast one hold vs our dline on that final drive, why not review those? Save the reviews for turnover or overturning bad calls.

They are only reviewing DPI. I'm all for reviews of holding, honestly. If officials were to start calling holding every time it's done, there would basically be a complete revolution in pro football by necessity in the span of about one week.

There is holding on every single play, because offensive linemen simply can't block defenders anymore. Something's gotta give.

You call it what you want, I can’t take it seriously anymore because we really don’t know what pass interference is anymore and it’s the most inconsistent penalty called in the history of sports. It’s actually beyond a joke at this point.
Yep, and some friggin "wizard" behind the curtain is making these decisions based on what exactly??????

Back
Top Bottom