That Was Pass Interference | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That Was Pass Interference

There have been several instances where they chose to reverse less this season. Whether it was or wasn't is irrelevant to the fact that the call and the field was that it wasn't. Reversing at that point calls for "indisputable evidence".

The mere fact that we are here talking about this morning during a 3-10 season tell me it wasn't indisputable and a bullshit reversal.

You agree because it fits your tank agenda. If the call is too close to make on the field, there needs to be indisputable evidence to create a call that was never made. The new rule was for egregious non-calls. This was not egregious and literally stole the game which was essentially won at that point. The inconsistency in making these calls gives the NFL the appearance of fixing games. Today did nothing to change that and actually made it worse.
Exactly my thoughts.

If that was called on the field there wouldn't be much dissent.

It's great the NFL went back and got the call right. I hope they do the same in a playoff game and not just in a game with no playoff implications.

Reviewing PI is a trash decision regardless of whether it occurred or not. That being said, losing is fine to me. Jets aren’t making the playoffs so their win means nothing to me.

And they need to start booth reviews for holding.

On every play.

This suggestion would be hilarious and a clear example of why the argument for reviewing the non PI calls falls flat on its face. If it is all about “getting the right call” then we’d pretty much have a review every single play.

I thought it was pretty clear PI. Helps draft position anyway. We'd be picking 8th or lower with the win.

I didn't see it. I was out for the last 6 minutes of the game and when I returned I was liberal with the FF button because I wanted to see the Pats vs Chiefs game. I wanted to sweep the Jets but at the end of the day nothing was on the line so I wasn't overly upset about it. I'd still like to see it, maybe I'll fins it on DVR later. My issue with the whole thing in consistency and sudden rule changes. All season it was, "it has to be really, really obvious and blatant to get overturned" then a few weeks ago they loosened that up. I mean not even fantasy football leagues I've played in allow rule changes in season and me as a commissioner would never allow that I'm surprised an outfit like the NFL does.

It was a Ficken awesome loss.

Losing by one point in a rebuild year is the pro move.

I guess the question is has the level at which interference can happen and be reviewed been changed. Just looked up egregious online to make sure my understanding of the word and what it actually means are different and they aren't, it means outstandingly bad or shocking. There was no way that was outstandingly bad PI, so if the league office have changed the standard they need to tell people.
In the main I don't think people are that bothered about whether we won the game or not because of this call, they are bothered that there appears to be such a change in the standard and the lack of consistency means in the future if the same thing happened nobody has it clue if it would be called again. Really is quite a concern for the integrity of the league that decisions are made like that with no transparency and potentially coaches not knowing what to challenge and what not to.

I actually don't disagree with him. Here's the thing, though: If they want a specific outcome and it's under 2 minutes... they simply won't flag it for review.

Even as I say that I think more review of bad calls is a good thing, I also accept the reality that NFL officiating has issues and that they're not all benign issues. We know about the NBA officiating scandal, and in hockey it's straight up accepted that officials will 'manage' the game. That is, they will try to even out the penalty calls some, and actively eat their whistles if a team is trailing by 2+ goals.

It's a money-making business and everyone's only human.

A review should be a challenge, not some arbitrary review.
Yeah why not review every incomplete pass inside of 2 min then? And not just for PI where the ball went. Every time the NFL adds a rule it makes the game worse.

The Human Element was always part of the rich history of sports. Do I believe that certain things should be up for review? Yes! Pass interference is not one of them where the reeferee is on the field with the athletes during the play and makes his judgement call that a replay can't duplicate such as an out-of bounds call!!!!

How about 1 referee on the field to place the ball at the LOS and all of the penalties be called by officials in New York where each call would just be displayed up on the Jumbotron after each play? It’s the way we’re headed, and we’re almost there.

Back
Top Bottom