That was the worst coached football team I have ever had the misfortune to watch | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That was the worst coached football team I have ever had the misfortune to watch

I also hate the offseason, because football is my favorite sport. But there is still basketball and baseball, so I get through it.

Burgh Fan, If we want a marquis back then we have to draft o-line. I really think 4/5 of a good running game is a great o-line. With the excetion of Faulk and Sanders every great back over the past 10 years has had a better o-line. As long as they don't fumble all the time any NFL rb could be great if they ran behind lines like Dallas had in the early '90s or Pittsburgh has know. The Giants proved this like no other team. They had great o-lines in the '80 that allowed people like Joe Morris and a washed up OJ Anderson become superstars. If you want a running game you start w/the o-line not the back.

burgh............

the more I think next years top priority should be a franchise RB.

its not the running back, a barry sanders couldn't do anything with this line. they make the initial block but lamar is too slow to hit the hole or change direction. even when he does get outside, the o-line can't maintain their blocks and the defense is there to great lamar when he gets there.
i think minor should be given a chance in these last 2 games, and i would seriously think about getting rid of chan when the season is over. everybody knows the O-line is weak, yet every sunday thats what he leads with, a run up the middle. i turned the game off sat because three of the first 4 plays were lamar up the middle. i knew they were gonna lose.
unfortunately i had to work that monday night game where chan opened it up, and look what happened, 41-6 WIN. i understand the first play was a sweep with lamar. why he wanted to go conservative again, i'll never know!:confused: :goof:

running game

Dajesus, DF6,
Maybe you're right, I guess no one could run with this line. But am soo tired of seeing them getting their ass handed to them time and time again! Draft/sign some guys with some heart and pride in what they do. And the coaching needs to bite the bullet, acknowledge the shortcomings in the ground game and then use it to their advantage! Like on Saturday; 3rd and 1 and the Pats have almost the entire defense sitting up waiting on Lamar. You even heard Simms say 'I would throw it here'. but they run it anyway. Could you imagine a flea flicker in that situation? Play action could have gone for a TD! Sucker them in when they get in those 3rd and 1's. You know ther'ye coming, use it to your
advantage!:fire:
Can you believe the stinkin Jets may very well make the playoffs? Don't know if I can watch if they end up playing the Phins.

burgh............

first of all, history will show that even though the jets have a better seasonal record, the fins are 1-0 against them in the playoffs.
to you're question, i don't know why the fins don't run those trick plays that seem to kill them everytime. that halfback pass back to the quarterback would work fantastic, better yet, go with and end around then throw it to the QB. i bet chambers can throw it, he does everything else, whether or not fiedler can catch, is the question!:rolleyes:

With the excetion of Faulk and Sanders every great back over the past 10 years has had a better o-line.

Marshall Faulk has a great o-line in St. Louis, I don't remember how it was in Indy though.

tomorrow is another day...

Hopefully they'll show up for the next two games and finish 11-5 with a little more respect. Guess we'll see!

Back
Top Bottom