That was the worst coached football team I have ever had the misfortune to watch | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That was the worst coached football team I have ever had the misfortune to watch

What we need on defence is...

the Philadelphia Eagles playbook!!! I'm not sure but i think the defensive coordinator is Jimmy Johnson (how ironic..)...

The Eagles have great players at the same position we have!!!

Vincent & Taylor...Madison & Surtain
Simon...Bowens (I would have said Big D but he's not playing)
Douglas...Taylor
Trotter...Thomas
Dawkins...Marion

They blitz and let their corners do their jobs!!!

I WANT JIMMY RIGHT NOW....

:monkey: Jim Bates

I have to agree w/burgh, Jay has been making long strides to be a good qb. Feidler and Chambers almost won this game by themselves. I also don't like starting a rookie, so I say he should start atleast 1 more year. I would like to see what he can do w/a solid o-line. Smith is done to old...he has hit the age wall hard! I would like to see a fa brought in at rb to compete w/Minor or do a rb by commite. I would also like to see a late round pick go for a rb. I really think the o-line makes a good rb. Then I would like to see 1 guard drafted and 1 dt drafted in the early rounds, and maybe a tackle in the 4th. After that all that has to be done is have Ward return punts.

westhoff

his problem wasnt returns as much as it was coverage. he never had anyone cover the kicks well.

QB: fiedler, lucas, mcnown... so we have 3 back ups... that's ok, i guess they can dual it out to see who can start on this team... even though they wouldnt start anywhere else

RB: keep smith, but if he makes too much, cut his salary, not him. kondrad can stay, just beef him up a bit. try and find a RB in FA or draft

WR: mcknight, chambers, ward, and gadsden are great, no complaints except for a few drops here and there

TE: goodwin is actually pretty good. i say we can keep him on
1) cheap 2) doing his job

OL: need a total revamping... here's the break down of what we NEED to see for next yr

LT: Marco Colombo(BC) Swayne
LG: Joaquin Gonzalez(Miami)-Perry
C: Ruddy
RG: Dixon-Irwin
RT: Wade-Spriggs

I'm not very defense-minded but i do know a little.

DLine: we need some new guys to liven this up. I've never been impressed with taylor, gardner, or mixon. bromell isn't very good. been shocked by this new david bowens kid. also haley was a playmaker in short time last yr as well.

Pass Rushing DE (any suggestions?)
Big DT(Beasley from Virginia Tech).

LB: Thomas stays, all others go... Rodgers has been a joke since the beginning, as well as Twan russell/Morlon greenwood
Draft a LB like Zach, a good player from a small school, a tough guy who hasnt had his name praised. Keep Rodgers but try and find a good FA LB as well.

KR/PR: just find one guy who can get it done, that's all we need is 1 guy to do both... and put a DB to do it too

I still have some belief in Lamar Smith.I say we need to fire Tony Wise,get a LT and RG,and keep Lamar.I just dont see enough holes for him to run to.He can spend this summer signing a low-salary contract,and work his ass off to try to repeat his 2000 season performance.Jay deserves 1 more chance,but if not,then he's gone.I like the chemistry he and Chambers are showing.I say get rid of Lucas,because i just dont see him being a starter or a contributor.We need help at LB,and i think switching to Greenwood instead of Twan Russell was a BIG mistake.Russell is a great run stopper.We should cut Ogden and sign Robert Baker "Touchdown Maker".Also some help at D-L wouldn't hurt.

GET RID OF DERRICK RODGERS!! HE HAS DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DESERVE WHAT THE PHINS ARE PAYING HIM!! HE IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST PAID PHINS!!! WHY??? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY? HE CONSTANTLY IS GETTING BLOWN OFF THE BALL!! HE NEVER CONTAINS THE OUTSIDE AND DOESN'T HELP ZACH IN RUN SUPPORT!! NOW HE WILL COLLECT ON THE SIDELINE!! SHIP HIS ASS TO TEXAS SAVE SOME CAP SPACE!!OLB IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST WEAKNESSES OF THIS TEAM!!DRAFT A PLAYMAKER OR SIGN ONE VIA FREE-AGENCY!!

phin...................

GET RID OF DERRICK RODGERS!! HE HAS DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DESERVE WHAT THE PHINS ARE PAYING HIM!! HE IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST PAID PHINS!!! WHY??? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY? HE CONSTANTLY IS GETTING BLOWN OFF THE BALL!! HE NEVER CONTAINS THE OUTSIDE AND DOESN'T HELP ZACH IN RUN SUPPORT!! NOW HE WILL COLLECT ON THE SIDELINE!! SHIP HIS ASS TO TEXAS SAVE SOME CAP SPACE!!OLB IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST WEAKNESSES OF THIS TEAM!!DRAFT A PLAYMAKER OR SIGN ONE VIA FREE-AGENCY

i agree, they should save some cap room and use it on the o'line. the offense is making the initial block, but they can't maintain it. lamar is not fast enough to hit the hole or change directions to go outside. i sure wish they would try minor!:rolleyes:

I'm soft? lol

Well I will leave it up to you guys to figure out how to fix this team. I am just enjoying the last two weeks of regular season, cause damnit all, we have to wait until July for the start of a new Dolphins season...so take what you can get now!!!

I hate the off season

i have no idea who we should cut to fix this team. i just know we need to shore up the o'line. lamar is still a good back, but i think he has lost a step! :confused:

no heart

the Dolphins are not prepared mentally. Blame THAT on the coaching!!!! Chan Gailey sucks his play calling is so wacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wanne sucks for letting this continue to happen..........our coaching staff SucKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is great that we have an expansion team coming in. I hope we leave Rodgers and Gardener unprotected. I like Gardener but he is always injured and is paid a lot.

Originally posted by dolfan87
I'm soft? lol

Well I will leave it up to you guys to figure out how to fix this team. I am just enjoying the last two weeks of regular season, cause damnit all, we have to wait until July for the start of a new Dolphins season...so take what you can get now!!!

I hate the off season

The end of Apirl is pretty cool, and any time we sign a free agent in feb or march is cool. Besides that you are right.

yea all the signings are great and u get hyped up for the year,but when it comes to this you become disheartned.:(

frustration

I think part of why the fans are so frustrated is this has been one the top 4 teams in the league the past 4-5 years. They are cosistently close to making a run at a bowl . But for some reason there seems to be some element missing every year that holds them back. So close, yet so far!!! I beleive the fans know that you don't stay this good this often for long! We know the lean years will be here sooner than we want. I just hope that we can keep a good core of players, draft well, stay healthy and stay in the running. And just be able to have fun watching our Phins.
Speaking of which, the more I think about it, the more I think next years top priority should be a franchise RB. I was thinking the obvious of OL help or a DE to pass rush, but it's about time this team went out and got a back that will be one of the tops in the league. If they are serious about running the ball, then dammit, go get a marquis back. Move up in the draft if you have to. I'm tired of this team having pretty good backs, I want someone who will dominate. I want an E. Smith, a C. Martin, a E. George, a Bettis, a E. James, M. Faulk, M. Anderson, A. Green. On sunday I watched the Browns convert a 3rd and 1 for gods sake, why the hell can't we do it!?!?! Just think what it would be like when you think Miami Dolphins, you think about their ground attack. Go out and build a Doomsday Offense, or a Doomsday running game anyway.
Tired of being pushed around.

Back
Top Bottom