That whistle on the off sides was criminal!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That whistle on the off sides was criminal!!

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We had a go route with the safeties on the wrong side of the field. I can’t believe they blew the whistle on that encroachment call, if they hadn’t great chance that would’ve been a touchdown on the free play. Unbelievable!!!!

Anyways, great game, good victory at the Pat’s house. Tua played well, Mac Jones is going to be a handful for years to come. Damn patriots replaced Tom Brady with another franchise QB it looks like.

At first I thought maybe one of the lineman flinched after the defender jumped which would make it a dead play offsides penalty, but that didn't appear to be the case.

We had a go route with the safeties on the wrong side of the field. I can’t believe they blew the whistle on that encroachment call, if they hadn’t great chance that would’ve been a touchdown on the free play. Unbelievable!!!!

Anyways, great game, good victory at the Pat’s house. Tua played well, Mac Jones is going to be a handful for years to come. Damn patriots replaced Tom Brady with another franchise QB it looks like.

Saban told Bill I'm sure

They’re on the Pats payroll. Bullsh*t call. He should be fined
If they are on the Pats payroll they might find that check a lot lighter this week since the Pats lost.

Funny thing is if you go on the Patriots forum, a lot of their fans are upset with the ref’s and blame them for the loss. They think the calls all went against the Patriots and the ref’s favored the Dolphins.

That just shows that every call by the ref’s in the game is viewed differently by fans based on the personal bias of each fan and which team the fan has a rooting interest in.

I think that was it. In the replay it did look like contact occurred. I dont even think it's subjective. I think it's 'contact = play is dead".
I went back and looked at the play a couple of times and I didn’t see any actual contact but it was close and the ref obviously thought at the time there was contact and that’s why the play was stopped.

It‘s always easier to determine the right call after the fact and with instant replay but the ref’s are doing their best to make the right call while the play is happening. Most of the time they get it right but sometimes they don’t. It’s called being human.

Almost as bad as that bullshit roughing thepasser

That play pissed me off more than any other. It’s just a stupid, overreaction rule.

Expecting any player to completely layoff making a tackle/sack when they are off balance and falling down is simply ridiculous. Because that’s what Robert’s would have had to do. Layoff completely.

The game is football. People are going to get hurt. Trying to legislate injuries out of the game makes it a completely different game and nearly unwatchable.

I get that Tom Brady blew out a knee. But those things happen. Get the dudes that are going at knees when it’s not necessary. Leave everyone else alone.

It’s no wonder pile up the stats they do nowadays. Countless drives that should end in zilch become scoring drives.

If they are on the Pats payroll they might find that check a lot lighter this week since the Pats lost.

Funny thing is if you go on the Patriots forum, a lot of their fans are upset with the ref’s and blame them for the loss. They think the calls all went against the Patriots and the ref’s favored the Dolphins.

That just shows that every call by the ref’s in the game is viewed differently by fans based on the personal bias of each fan and which team the fan has a rooting interest in.
I was surprised they got called for as much as they did…even though they got the hookup.

Back
Top Bottom