That's Good Sports - How Miami can still win the Tank Bowl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That's Good Sports - How Miami can still win the Tank Bowl

Even a cleared Tua isn't a healthy Tua. No one is taking Tua over Burrow this year.

Not so sure about that dude, lots can happen between now and April . I agree though with your premise that Burrow is the outstanding prospect this year right now, I have him ahead of Chase as the best prospect.

The thing is QB wise, picking Tua at #4 is only bad if Herbert, Love or Fromm become elite. Yes if Tua isn't the same or has to retire through injuries it will suck as we could have had BPA at that spot but QB wise it only hurts us if another unexpected QB exceeds expectations. Unless of course we reject a trade down with eyes on the 2021 draft.

I'm not advocating Tua at #4 just putting out something to ponder. It's a tough call for Grier and co.

Always a tough call and we have a history of making the whiffing. I hope they go for it, whomever they love and don't look back. I for one, expect the worse so if they hit a homer or even a double it's a hit

5-11 will not put you in 10-12 pick range. You also see to be assuming that the team with the worse record will will each game. Saying the Giants have a potential 1-2 with playing Miami, Washington, and Philly seems like a low end projection and Miami being 2-1 is a high end projection.

There are currently 17 teams under .500.

12 of those teams are under .385.

5-11 equates to .454

This is not a joking question but who other than Fitz can survive behind this Oline next year? Granted we add but I don’t start a knew QB he will be “Rosened” in 20 minutes

what I saying is QBs drafted first OA are expected to start day one -and it is going to be a nightmare season for a few guys
So if your guy is not there why not defer til next year you are not PO Bound either way -

this is a3year minimum rebuild

The history of this front office kind of makes all this moot. IF they spend draft capital on a high 1st round QB, by the time he is really ready to play it will be time for his second contract and if he has anything at all, they will move him because they fear the $$$ crunch he will create.

Unless it is someone like Herbert who projects a little behind the top 2 guys (really just Burrow). He would come in slightly cheaper in the long run. tua is NOT a good investment, he will be a wasted contract year or 2 and will likely be less a player than pre-injury according to his own admission.

This is not a joking question but who other than Fitz can survive behind this Oline next year? Granted we add but I don’t start a knew QB he will be “Rosened” in 20 minutes

what I saying is QBs drafted first OA are expected to start day one -and it is going to be a nightmare season for a few guys
So if your guy is not there why not defer til next year you are not PO Bound either way -

this is a3year minimum rebuild

No one knows right now. A lot can change in one offseason.

This is why Miami should have done everything possible to field at least an average o-line for 2019. They needed a decent o-line so they could evaluate Rosen (and give him both protection and a running game), and if Rosen doesn't pan out there would already be a line in place for 2020 to protect a new QB. As it stands now, with one of the worst o-lines in the league, Miami failed to PROPERLY evaluate Rosen (practice doesn't count!), so they have no idea if he could be the guy or not. And, even if they decide to draft another QB, it will take quite a while to see what he can do because they STILL need to rebuild the o-line! IMO, they just wasted one full season by not fixing the o-line... so next year they'll probably have 2 QBs to evaluate behind a (hopefully) brand new o-line which is going to take time!

This is why Miami should have done everything possible to field at least an average o-line for 2019. They needed a decent o-line so they could evaluate Rosen (and give him both protection and a running game), and if Rosen doesn't pan out there would already be a line in place for 2020 to protect a new QB. As it stands now, with one of the worst o-lines in the league, Miami failed to PROPERLY evaluate Rosen (practice doesn't count!), so they have no idea if he could be the guy or not. And, even if they decide to draft another QB, it will take quite a while to see what he can do because they STILL need to rebuild the o-line! IMO, they just wasted one full season by not fixing the o-line... so next year they'll probably have 2 QBs to evaluate behind a (hopefully) brand new o-line which is going to take time!

Seems like a pretty big leap to me......I suspect Miami has a lot of both evaluation data and opinions on Rosen's performance. We all saw the kid play earlier in the year....he simply isn't ready. It doesn't mean he will never be ready, but he isn't ready now.

Back
Top Bottom