That's Good Sports - How Miami can still win the Tank Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That's Good Sports - How Miami can still win the Tank Bowl

That would be nice but....

It's might be a lot harder to trade up in 2021 than it will in 2020. I highly doubt we are picking in the top 5 in 2021 and I also doubt the Texans pick will be higher that 20. And we have an 3rd, first rounder this year unless we trade it for a pick next year.

I'd say another team overtaking the Bengals for the top pick would be pretty tough to do looking at the schedules. I think the Dolphins are playing better than Cincy, Was and NYG and we play two of those teams over the next two weeks. We are more apt to drop into the teens than move up in the draft order, IMO.

Dolphins play NYG, Cin and then NE. (Potentially 2-1)
Cincy plays NE, Mia & Cle (0-3)
NYG play Miami, Was & Philly (1-2)
Was plays Phi, NYG & Dallas (0-3)

1 Cin (1-15)
2 NYG (3-13)
3 Was (3-13)

10-12? Mia (5-11)

Then we are in a position that we might have to package multiple 1st round picks to move up and be in a position to even take Tua....or wait until 2021 for a top QB (which will still not be easy) and just draft where we stand in the first.

How in the wide world of sports there are three teams worse than Miami and this stripped down roster with waiver wire starters all across the lineup, is beyond me.
Everyone has a price. Ideally in the 2021 off season you have a much better roster so you can make sacrifices to get the QB. If you're further down in the draft then you have to offer more compensation.

I'm sure the Chiefs don't mind moving from 27 to 10 to get Mahomes.

Burrow will win the Heisman Saturday night going away. As crappy and cheap an owner as Mike Brown is, there's no way he's not taking him if nothing more for his marquee value to re-energize the fan base for the next few years while he continues to strike out in re-building the team. This guy is right; we'll never see Burrow unless the NYG win the TankBowl

I'd much rather trade into the top spot in 2021 then 2020.

Me too but I wonder who in their right mind, after a 2-14 season or whatever, would trade what I hear is the greatest QB prospect since (insert all time great QB from whatever article i read here)

All in all i'm not against trading up if staff believes in a player enough to do so, especially at QB. But don't do it just because we need a QB.

**** Burrow and the #1 pick. We'll take whoever's left out of CY, AT and TT. That's it.

It may be hard to get the no1 OA thru trade in 2121 - getting draft capital would be easy - most GMs would sell the farm and their soul for our draft picks because they think they are close to the POs the super bowl or they want to keep those jobs another year

trading out of the first Rd is a clever move of Bill B - who acquired said capital to move around the following draft

Our 3 1s and 2 2s this year could become 2nd and thirds this year and 3 more 1sts and a few 2nds next year - this is some kind of stockpile never seen before in the NFL

and all a GM holding the cards needs is a GM who falls in love with a player he thinks will keep him in his GM chair

I am not waiting 101 years for a QB!

If the bengals can beat Cleveland and we lose out then the worst we could pick is 3rd with the Giants and Redskins above us who have just drafted QB's. Maybe nobody wants to pay the price to move up and one of them takes Chase Young, and the other takes Thomas. One can dream cant he...

We'll have the skins on SoS by the end of the season, ours is higher (just) right now but with their remaining games and ours we will be lower in that scenario. The only team we won't catch on SoS is the Giants. If the Giants end up with #1, which I wouldn't rule out right now, it's going to make things very interesting, wouldn't rule out us trying to do a trade with them.

Last edited:
That would be nice but....

It's might be a lot harder to trade up in 2021 than it will in 2020. I highly doubt we are picking in the top 5 in 2021 and I also doubt the Texans pick will be higher that 20. And we have an 3rd, first rounder this year unless we trade it for a pick next year.

I'd say another team overtaking the Bengals for the top pick would be pretty tough to do looking at the schedules. I think the Dolphins are playing better than Cincy, Was and NYG and we play two of those teams over the next two weeks. We are more apt to drop into the teens than move up in the draft order, IMO.

Dolphins play NYG, Cin and then NE. (Potentially 2-1)
Cincy plays NE, Mia & Cle (0-3)
NYG play Miami, Was & Philly (1-2)
Was plays Phi, NYG & Dallas (0-3)

1 Cin (1-15)
2 NYG (3-13)
3 Was (3-13)

10-12? Mia (5-11)

Then we are in a position that we might have to package multiple 1st round picks to move up and be in a position to even take Tua....or wait until 2021 for a top QB (which will still not be easy) and just draft where we stand in the first.

How in the wide world of sports there are three teams worse than Miami and this stripped down roster with waiver wire starters all across the lineup, is beyond me.

I would argue the Dolphins aren't playing better than any of those teams. The Bengals could have easily won last week against the Browns and the Redskins have been very competitive this past month. The Giants are getting healthy all of the sudden and should have won last week in Philly. If anything we are playing around the same level, expect the next two games to be close

There is another possibility - one that was brought up for a vote on Jungle Noise, the Bengals board:

"What if Burrows pulls an Eli and refuses to play for Cinci?"

Firstly, some Bengals posters wouldn't blame him. But really, while he is from Ohio, would you want to play for Zac Taylor, Mike Brown and that organization?

There is another possibility - one that was brought up for a vote on Jungle Noise, the Bengals board:

Firstly, some Bengals posters wouldn't blame him. But really, while he is from Ohio, would you want to play for Zac Taylor, Mike Brown and that organization?

Hmmm that could feasably happen for any of the QBs teams are drooling over....then said QB says "Ive already talked to Miami, i'd go there and they want me...they also happen to have tons of draft capital....sir"

Forgot about those scenarios.

I feel like I'm on board with this most of all. But trading up for Burrow is definitely tantalizing
yeah if burrow were available you have to inquire. ive just given up on it and accepted he's going #1 to the bengals.

Its a valid point, its why winning these "meaningless" games as some put it IS so important. Zac Taylor has shown no ability to use the talent he does have, and oh boy does he have talent, on that squad to do anything other than fail tremendously.

Where as Flo and staff where set up to fail tremendously and yet might win 5 games?? Showing the ability to develop players build a culture and continuity is very important to free agents and incoming drafted players.

Burrow is a smart guy, he knows you pick #1 for a reason....that team sucks! No way around that. I think he is a baller so he will go to whomever takes him but if he did this saying this organization isnt going to get better and I will not be my best here. Who could blame him?

Right now if you look at the teams picking high up in the draft and you as Burrow who has very little say other than media presence of saying im not playing there, what do you see...

#1 Bengals - shitty HC aging offensive and defensive talent might lose AJ Green with no replacement (Boyd isnt a #1). No real draft capital, and middle of the road cap space and not a ton of flexibility. And Andy Dalton to work behind
#2 Giants - shittier HC, no real defense. Okay offensive weapons. Middle of the road cap, 4 picks in the first 3 round with 2 of them being 3rd round picks. And you know they will have to PAY a number of guys soon so the cap will get eaten up. Eli will be gone so he will start right away so no vet presence
#3 Redskins - NO HC, shitty offensive weapons, aging RB as #1 and a often injured RB at #2. Aging overpriced Defense. Disgruntled LT probably going to lose RG in FA, bottom 3rd in cap space and an owner who gives away bad contract like there is an award for it. No vet presence

#4 Dolphins - HC who has shown great ability (not a homer take, dozens of outlets have praised him) and staff who have developed and squeezed plenty of juice out of this group of players. 5 picks in the first 60 overall picks, tons of cap space and oh by the way offensive weapons like Parker, Gesicki, Williams, Ford, Hurns, Laird (FA or drafted RB) and a vet like Fitzpatrick who he is honestly a lot alike to learn from for the first year.

Seems like he could see Miami as a place where he could be great and great fast. None of these teams have good O lines but Miami is in the best position to flip that fast.

So yeah meaningless wins indeed....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It Boil down to GM. I dont have problem if we draft ol and Dl in first two rounds.. it 250 other pick too. Burrow can be busts just like last pick in draft. Bengals are in rough division. Doesn't mean they going be good w him.

Back
Top Bottom