That's Good Sports - How Miami can still win the Tank Bowl | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That's Good Sports - How Miami can still win the Tank Bowl

Funny thing is we have all this debate about how to get to #1 through a dozen different scenarios and Tua gets clean bill of health in like February. LET THE CHAOS ENSUE

People's heads are gonna explode when we lose out the early pick and can still acquire Tua ~ The football gods are leaning Miami's way

That is if OF COURSE if Tua's recovery is going according to plans

It Boil down to GM. I dont have problem if we draft ol and Dl in first two rounds.. it 250 other pick too. Burrow can be busts just like last pick in draft. Bengals are in rough division. Doesn't mean they going be good w him.
it seems people liken Burrow to Aikmen and Aikmen wins nothin without Emmitt Smith and that Road Grader Oline and then there is M Irvin and a host of other quality WRs oh yah who could forget Jay Novachek

Good Luck in Cinci Joe!~

People's heads are gonna explode when we lose out the early pick and can still acquire Tua ~ The football gods are leaning Miami's way

I hope his recovery is rapid and conclusive Rev. If we stay at 4 that means we're gonna end up with either him or Burrow.. a likely "win win" proposition

Can you imagine Ross if that happens, gets Tua and finds a HC in the same year! Been seeing this in Mocks all over the place where Miami jumps on Tua at #4, having Flo in place drafting Tua and then pushing a bunch of talent into the team via the rest of the draft plus the FA that came before. It's like winning powerball and mega millions in the same year.

We'll have the skins on SoS by the end of the season, ours is higher (just) right now but with their remaining games and ours we will be lower in that scenario. The only team we won't catch on SoS is the Giants. If the Giants end up with #1, which I wouldn't rule out right now, it's going to make things very interesting, wouldn't rule out us trying to do a trade with them.
So we want us and the Giants to lose out. That would put NYG at #1, us at #3 and more ammo to move up 2 spots than the Bengals to move up 1.

Funny stuff!

Yeah, call me stubborn, but I do not want to trade ANYTHING to move up for a QB. I want to use the draft picks we have. If we can't get the QB we want, that's Coach Flo's fault. But let's not pizz away our treasure trove of young talent to rebuild this legendary franchise just because the coaching staff screwed up and won a couple too many games. There are a lot of talented QB's coming out this year .... stay where you are at in the draft order and PICK ONE!

We've endured a horrendously painful, shameful, and ugly season. NO, those extra two wins DID NOT MAKE IT ANY BETTER! ...... Bah Humbug .................. grumble grumble grumble .......... peace out.

So we want us and the Giants to lose out. That would put NYG at #1, us at #3 and more ammo to move up 2 spots than the Bengals to move up 1.

I heard today that the Giants GM is fundamentally against trading down, so forget what I said. What we need is us to lose out, that will guarantee at least #3, and importantly at least #2 in round 2. Another win, outside of also beating us, for the Bengals and Giants, gets us #1. We need to do our part by losing out :)

Funny thing is we have all this debate about how to get to #1 through a dozen different scenarios and Tua gets clean bill of health in like February. LET THE CHAOS ENSUE

This is the thing really, if we do get to #1 or at least ahead of the Bengals, we could have a interesting decision on our hands if Tua is cleared as you say. Rumour has it we've been high on Tua for a couple of years, but honestly don't what they would do if they have a choice between a healthy Tua and Burrow. Personally, I'm struggling with that as a major Tua fan, Burrow has been so damn impressive, I still probably tilt towards a healthy Tua because of the fit here but it's so close.

That would be nice but....

It's might be a lot harder to trade up in 2021 than it will in 2020. I highly doubt we are picking in the top 5 in 2021 and I also doubt the Texans pick will be higher that 20. And we have an 3rd, first rounder this year unless we trade it for a pick next year.

I'd say another team overtaking the Bengals for the top pick would be pretty tough to do looking at the schedules. I think the Dolphins are playing better than Cincy, Was and NYG and we play two of those teams over the next two weeks. We are more apt to drop into the teens than move up in the draft order, IMO.

Dolphins play NYG, Cin and then NE. (Potentially 2-1)
Cincy plays NE, Mia & Cle (0-3)
NYG play Miami, Was & Philly (1-2)
Was plays Phi, NYG & Dallas (0-3)

1 Cin (1-15)
2 NYG (3-13)
3 Was (3-13)

10-12? Mia (5-11)

Then we are in a position that we might have to package multiple 1st round picks to move up and be in a position to even take Tua....or wait until 2021 for a top QB (which will still not be easy) and just draft where we stand in the first.

How in the wide world of sports there are three teams worse than Miami and this stripped down roster with waiver wire starters all across the lineup, is beyond me.
5-11 will not put you in 10-12 pick range. You also see to be assuming that the team with the worse record will will each game. Saying the Giants have a potential 1-2 with playing Miami, Washington, and Philly seems like a low end projection and Miami being 2-1 is a high end projection.

This is the thing really, if we do get to #1 or at least ahead of the Bengals, we could have a interesting decision on our hands if Tua is cleared as you say. Rumour has it we've been high on Tua for a couple of years, but honestly don't what they would do if they have a choice between a healthy Tua and Burrow. Personally, I'm struggling with that as a major Tua fan, Burrow has been so damn impressive, I still probably tilt towards a healthy Tua because of the fit here but it's so close.
Even a cleared Tua isn't a healthy Tua. No one is taking Tua over Burrow this year.

Back
Top Bottom