thats what i figured | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

thats what i figured

Hostile7 said:
He's never touched the ball 200 times in a year (receiving and rushing). He'll need to almost double that in the NFL. There is a justified concern...He's also a bit of an upright runner who isn't elusive and absorbs hits.

It's funny, I got that same impression of Benson the first time I saw him run (running upright), and apparently so did someone else.

Here is the negatives on Benson from NFL.com

Negatives: Has very good acceleration off the snap, but labors to maintain that top speed when he gets into the open … Runs decent routes, but because he lacks that second gear and burst upfield, is usually only used on flares, outs and check downs … Willing blocker, but lacks the technique and playing strength to face up and sustain vs. the larger blockers … When he runs tall (mostly on outside runs), he leaves himself exposed and is not the best at securing the ball, as fumble problems plagued him during his career … More of a one-cut type of runner with good straight-line speed, but is not a big juke type … His adequate ball carrage needs improvement, as he carries the ball too low … Plays stiff and lacks technique when asked to block vs. the blitz … Has had several off-field issues that need further review … Needs to shift his hips better when trying to get to the corner … Powerful looking back, but his weight room strength is only adequate and Benson needs to add more power to his game in order to compensate for a lack of blazing speed.

As for his 40 time, I see you jumping to the 4.51 everytime someone says he's slow, but it's listed on NFL.com as 4.55, and on the day of his run they even listed a 4.6. Then when Brown fans mention the 4.3, your the first to mention that it's not official.

Benson took a chance at not showing up at the combine, and it just may have bit him.....

You know Cadillac just might be the best back in this draft, it seems weird that people just assume Brown will be better because he is bigger. Im not saying that we need to take Cadillac or that Brown isnt going to be great but it just seems strange that he seems to be on the outside of any discussion of Rb's in the top of the draft on here. I saw him in college and looked awesome against the same competition that Brown did. Im not sure about combine times or whatever but I think he is going to be really good.
I really think all 3 top backs, Benson, Brown and Cadillac are going to be really good or great starters in the NFL. I like all 3 of them. Brown probaly has the most upside but I dont buy into the combine times enough to say he's seperated himself like a lot of people do. Seemed like most people that were on the fence or on the other side saw his 4.3 time and just instantly gave him the nod. He might be the fastest but that doesnt mean he's going to be the best in the NFL. People put way too much stock in those times and tests. They are without pads and without contact, the fastest guys in the world are track stars but they wouldnt gain 2 yards against NFL defenses.
Why isnt the fastest Wr the top rated? People still have Edwards and Willams as the top 2 and they werent the fastest. Seems weird that Brown's 40 time is the endall of the discussion.
Im going to have to give Saban the benefit of the doubt. Hes interviewed these guys done more research and seen them in person whoever he takes is the guy Im sold on. Who knows this might all be moot when he takes a Qb or Wr. Im clueless as to what he's going to do.

Fitz said:
That mock draft has to be the worst thing I have ever seen in my life. :roflmao:
Agreed. We move down and take a DE? Don't we need impact on offense? I read Erasmus James and I stop reading.

Back
Top Bottom