The 2019 Miami Dolphins Share Something In Common With Perfect Season Squad | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2019 Miami Dolphins Share Something In Common With Perfect Season Squad

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
NFL-Football-History_1972-Dolphins-The-Perfect-Season.jpg

No one, it seems, expects much of anything good to come out of these latter-day Dolphins.

And that’s where everyone is wrong.

Because, strange as it is to say, these Dolphins have one thing in common with the Perfect Dolphins that no other team in the club’s history has been able to share: These guys cannot lose.

That’s the truth about what is about to happen for Miami this coming NFL season.

The Dolphins are about to play a season in which winning is winning. And losing, convoluted as it may be to figure, will also be considered as winning.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article233208096.html

"If, however, the team is exactly what Las Vegas says it will be when bookies place the over-under on wins for the year at five, then we’ll ignore the short-term pain and think more about long-term gain. The Dolphins, losing a ton of games this year, will be in perfect draft position in 2020 to finally draft a franchise quarterback to replace Dan Marino."

Wow. Poor Josh Rosen. Second year in a row he's set up to be the fall guy.

I was thinking something along this line. These reporters are glorified forum posters. I don't even know how they got these jobs.
We had a thread going on our Bills forum a couple months ago (the offseason can be so long...!) regarding an article written by a local "journalist," named Benjamin Solak, on a popular sports site with an utterly terrible take on the 2018 season. Much handwringing, and pontificating ensued. Finally, after a few pages of hot, and cold takes, I decided to look up the author, and specifically looked for an image. Here is a recent picture that I found of Mr. Solak:
40c6a71bf96104764302e30d93d425df.jpg.3da99579b39f9e16c90690c81c8a85d0.jpg
Literally, still in highschool. Impressive, in a way, how this kid had a site full of hardcore football fans debating his opinion. But, yeah... the state of journalism in this country...

Journalism is in fine shape. Simplistic angry males used to be able to recognize truth from false. Now they just pretend any version they don't agree with is poor journalism.

History is going to have a field day with this era

Back
Top Bottom