The 2019 Season/predict The Dolphins Record | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2019 Season/predict The Dolphins Record

9-7 I don't think that it will be as bad we think,

I agree. Replacing Philbin's and Gase's o-linemen with just average players (and dropping that finesse nonsense) is worth a win or two. Replacing Burke's defense is worth a win or two. Replacing Gase's idiotic playcalling is worth a few wins. Running on 3rd and short for a 1st down instead of Gase's favorite playcall of throwing behind the line of scrimmage for a loss is easily worth at least 2 wins.

Changing the offensive and defensive schemes and playcalling with the same roster as last season would have put them in the playoffs, as Gase and Burke were that bad! When you can't establish a strong running game to sustain drives, convert short yardage downs, and kill the clock, then your offense and o-line aren't very good, as evidenced by 7 years of this under Philbin and Gase.

Two wins in-division, then three more against the Bengals, Redskins and Giants.

4-12, 2 wins vs Bills, 2 wins vs Jets
I’d love to sweep the Jets. But Adam Gase holds grudges like no one else and will make it his mission to have at least 2 wins next year and those against us. And try to embarrass us.

I'm getting a 4-12 vibe... Should be a top 5 pick, but I doubt #1 overall...

Seems like they are operating with the idea that its impossible to guarantee #1 overall pick so they are stockpiling as many 2020 draft picks as they can to make the jump up if they can, but it all depends on which team ends up with #1 pick... If its a team that drafts a QB in the first round this year, they might go for the draft pick bonanza trade, but then again they might not...

16-0... Until after I see what we do at the end of the draft, and what we continue to do in FA.

I'm getting a 4-12 vibe... Should be a top 5 pick, but I doubt #1 overall...

Seems like they are operating with the idea that its impossible to guarantee #1 overall pick so they are stockpiling as many 2020 draft picks as they can to make the jump up if they can, but it all depends on which team ends up with #1 pick... If its a team that drafts a QB in the first round this year, they might go for the draft pick bonanza trade, but then again they might not...

Who will be worse than us? Perhaps one of the Giants or Washington, maybe Arizona.

Who will be worse than us? Perhaps one of the Giants or Washington, maybe Arizona.

You never know... There are so many variables at play... Key injuries, schedules, etc.

Looking at the list of teams, I see a few possibilities:

Strength of Schedule from https://www.chatsports.com/nfl/a/20...-6-playoff-teams-and-patriots-get-lucky-39789

2. Broncos (.533)
Games against 10-win teams: 7; Games against playoff teams: 7

Yes, they have premier players on defense, but have a rookie HC with an old broken QB in a new system. With a few major injuries could be a bad team with a tough schedule

9. Vikings (.512)
Games against 10-win teams: 6; Games against playoff teams: 7
They still have a strong defense and talent on offense, but Zimmer is entering one of those years with a lot of pressure where you see some teams collapse, especially with Kirk Cousins having some struggles last year with a huge contract...

T-12. Cardinals (.508)
Games against 10-win teams: 6; Games against playoff teams: 6

Pretty barren of talent with either a 2nd year Rosen or a rookie QB with a HC that should be OC of USC right now...

T-19. Lions (.496)
Games against 10-win teams: 5; Games against playoff teams: 6
Beardo could see a revolt going into a Tannehill-esque QB situation

T-27. Bengals (.473)
Games against 10-win teams: 5; Games against playoff teams: 5
Major QB problems with a HC who should still be a QB coach somewhere...

T-27. Giants (.473)
Games against 10-win teams: 4; Games against playoff teams: 6
Got rid of a lot of talent and will likely be playing through Eli's swan song

For reference, Dolphins currently have the 18th most difficult schedule based on SoS (Though I think it will end up being more difficult than that looking at some of those teams, including the Browns on the schedule)
18. Dolphins (.498)
Games against 10-win teams: 6; Games against playoff teams: 7

I’d kind of like to know who is actually on the roster before I make a prediction.

As of now I’m going 1-15

I'm back from my eye doctor. My prescription is fine.

I predict 11W's vs. 5 L's and we make the playoffs.

The new coaches are not new to coaching and many have worked together in the past. I expect his years team should turn out to be surprisingly effective and willing to fight for a win. Most of the premadonnas are gone along with many older players who were keeping the younger players off the field due primarily to their experience. What's left will see an opportunity to shine by being effective on the field as opposed to social media.

Couple that with a QB like Ryan and how can we lose?

Back
Top Bottom