The 2019 Season/predict The Dolphins Record | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2019 Season/predict The Dolphins Record

To early for me to weigh in. Need to see who we draft. Top Bet has the Dolphin season win total at 5 right now for even money.

Patriots have the highest number in NFL at 11.5
Probably an easy bet considering they always win 12 and the weak AFC East. Buffalo is 6 and the Jets 6.5

I think coaching will be a difference maker this season.
Despite our personnel last season, we could have easily been a 10 win team. Maybe even an 11 win team.
I'm giving the new regime benefit of the doubt that they're MUCH better than the coaches last season, and we'll compete to 8-8 or 9-7, with an outside shot at a wild-card berth.

Statistically speaking, it was a miracle we won as many games as we did last year. We were what... bottom 3 in both offensive and defensive categories? We had the 3rd worst point differential in the league which is a pretty solid indicator on what kind of team you are.

We should have won 3 games last year and now we've let a bunch of solid veterans go. Not sure how anybody can come to the conclusion that we're capable of being an 8 or 9 win team unless they didn't watch the team last season outside of the standings.

I think coaching will be a difference maker this season.
Despite our personnel last season, we could have easily been a 10 win team. Maybe even an 11 win team.
I'm giving the new regime benefit of the doubt that they're MUCH better than the coaches last season, and we'll compete to 8-8 or 9-7, with an outside shot at a wild-card berth.

People underestimate how bad Gase/Burkes were. Take the last 3 games. Miami had a chance to make the playoffs. Instead, the team comes out flat, unemotional, seemingly unprepared. No apparent gameplan. No adjustments. And I'm not even going to mention Burke and his blitz packages, or gase glazing into his playbook. To be fair, Miami didn't deserve to beat NE, but no one can deny the kept the game close in the end and Miami was playing the last few games with a depleted roster. Now, pick any playoff team last year, take their HC/OC/DC and switch with Miami. Would they have made the playoffs? I think any honest person would say it was likely. THAT's how bad Gase/Burke were.

That's why I'm not convinced Miami will only win 2-3 games. *IF* Flores et al are average coaches, that's FAR better than their predecessors. Color me naive, but I expect fans will actually see game plans, adjustments, and schemes to take advantage of mismatches. How will that translate this fall? No one knows, but clearly there are too many variables to make a W/L guess.

I didn't realize how that schedule looked for next year. Since teams won't end up looking quite how you think once the new season gets going, the strength of it will vary as we go along. But for right now, based on the teams and who we've lost, it doesn't look like we could do much better than compete to beat Washington, Cincinnati or Buffalo at home and maybe the Giants on the road. That means a ceiling of 4 wins and a floor of zero. Since things will change, I'll say 3-4 wins end up being most likely. Top five draft pick, not sure it'll be the 1st pick though.

Back
Top Bottom