The 2019 season #TankForTua superthread: 0-2

SuperMarksBros.

Formerly Fiedler for MVP
Reaction score
Of course they have, but I’ve never actually enjoyed it until now. Tua deserves better. I hope he stays in school.
I seriously doubt he stays. If he comes out he's prob #1, if he stays, he's prob going behind Lawrence.

They're both going to losing situations either way, and Miami at least has the $ and draft capital to turn it around quickly.

Kamelion4291

Scout Team
Reaction score
I don't get the "What if Tua stays to avoid the Dolphins" argument. Every team drafting number one is bad, and even if we're worse than most of them, it's because we've saved all of our resources so he's walking into a team that will get a MASSIVE infusion of talent right away. You realize if he's as good as he thinks he is, he's giving up $40mil+ to stay in school for another year, yeah? If he stays, then he's a complete moron and I don't want him anyway.

And oh yeah, we're in one of the most desirable locations to play in, in a state with no state tax. We've never had a problem in free agency, ever, so why do you think all of a sudden college guys would avoid us?

rev kev

THE DEFLATOR
Reaction score
It would be funny if he pulled a Elway/Eli and just said “**** no, Dolphins.” I know it would be surprising, given the team’s complete lack of an entire o-line and offensive talent in general. What a draw.
It would truly suck to miss on a generational talent

Pandarilla

Second String
Reaction score
Tua will not pass on Miami.

So many options for Grier. Always thought he was the best at the draft besides Jimmy Johnson.

Grier may wind up outdoing Johnson in the draft when it's all said and done. He could easily take Tua and trade back for two more second rounders and simply ravish the second round for value picks with 4. Conversely, he could trade those 2 second rounders and move back into the first if he sees value in a player.

Either way, I hope this thread stays alive until we at least clinch the #1 pick.

thenewloon

Scout Team
Reaction score
It'll actually be a fun season now that we can celebrate losing...just want 1 against NE assuming nobody else is winless

Gonzofinfan

Scout Team
Reaction score

Lol.. going to be a rush to the top- I mean bottom.

That NO game showed why you need a QB, either you have a good one, or you have low odds for any sustained success.
No way does denver compete in the tank for tua race, Flacco is going to win some games for them not to mention their defense had an off night.. Bronco's will likely finish 6-10 to 8-8 not good enough for tua maybe bad enough for fromm or herbert.

Gonzofinfan

Scout Team
Reaction score
It would be amazing if Houston and us were the bottom 2 teams. Miami with the 1st and 2nd pick of the 2020 draft!
God that would be a dream scenario, if that happened i'd take Tua then trade to some team who wants Fromm Likely be able to get a 1st rounder, next years 1st rounder, this years 2nd rounder, and a 4th rounder this year.. That would set us up for an insane amount of talented young players coming in.

Gonzofinfan

Scout Team
Reaction score
It's amazing the career that Ginn carved out just by being able to contribute well on special teams and offering some select skills to help out at wide receiver depth.

That head case probably would have been better off not getting overdrafted by an inept organization.
God i hated that guy so much, When he came in the league he was a go route or nothing receiver. If you threw him a slant pass he'd either alligator arm it or go down immediately without contact so he wouldn't get hit. I used to think the solution would have been to tie that guy to a blocking sled and let porter hit him about 10 times to help him get over his fear of getting hit.

Seems he got over it enough to become an average receiver though but it took him so long to get there.

Albert Romano

Super Donator
Reaction score
God that would be a dream scenario, if that happened i'd take Tua then trade to some team who wants Fromm Likely be able to get a 1st rounder, next years 1st rounder, this years 2nd rounder, and a 4th rounder this year.. That would set us up for an insane amount of talented young players coming in.
Texans wont be that bad, but hey, as of week one the dream lives...

jazz015

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Texans wont be that bad, but hey, as of week one the dream lives...
idk about that. their coaching is still poor. Even though brought in LT they still seem unconcerned about their defense and protecting Watson. The next time he gets hit because they want to run him he may go down for a while

Gonzofinfan

Scout Team
Reaction score
Nah, those two are 100 percent different. Darnold has nice pocket movement but rivals Josh Allen in terms of woeful inaccuracy. Under Gase Ryan Tannehill developed pretty lethal downfield accuracy and yet his own shortcomings in combination with Gase's failures in scheme and personnel led to him being able to harness that less and less to the point where it was scarcely even relevant.

Mariota played pretty well in that blowout yesterday but I'm pretty intrigued to see how RT will do if he hits the field. Mariota probably is too which is why he's gonna play his butt off.
I know it won't happen but Tannehill should pull an Antonio Brown, Threaten to punch the GM in the face, Get fired and go to the Jaguars..

I know if he went to jacksonville that team is talented enough that he could get that team to the playoffs and more . Jags were foolish to not sign tannehill as a Backup to foles who has shown he doesn't play well outside of philly's system.

Well off to work enough dolphin ranting today lol

Top Bottom