The 2019 season #TankForTua superthread: 0-2

Travis34

chea
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
That tie is gonna be huge I bet in the scheme things

Lions would for sure take Tua

But yeah, this team is going to be drastically different in March/April. We are going to sign some damn OL to protect said new qb. We are going to have money to spend, I truly believe they will try to get some good players in here to protect whoever, and also likely day 2 picks at worst.

Travis34

chea
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Not sure how updated this is:

But out of total wishful thinking, let’s say we sign Lael Colins or Jack Conklin to play RT. Brandon Scherff, overpay him a bit and we are set at RG. Hope Deiter develops at LG.

There’s other decent guys on there like Cody Whitehair who has some guard/center versatility.

We could then go after a young LT and C in the draft

uk_dolfan

#TankForTua
Super Donator
Reaction score
Not sure how updated this is:

But out of total wishful thinking, let’s say we sign Lael Colins or Jack Conklin to play RT. Brandon Scherff, overpay him a bit and we are set at RG. Hope Deiter develops at LG.

There’s other decent guys on there like Cody Whitehair who has some guard/center versatility.

We could then go after a young LT and C in the draft

Collins signed a deal last week

Blake the great

Starter
Reaction score
I'm sure this may have been brought up but if this season continues to be a disaster for us you know there is a strong possibility that Tua could return for his senior year to avoid this mess of a franchise.

TheJetsBlow

Super Duper Club
Reaction score
I'm sure this may have been brought up but if this season continues to be a disaster for us you know there is a strong possibility that Tua could return for his senior year to avoid this mess of a franchise.
Then we’ll tank next year too, and draft Lawrence. And if Lawrence stays in school, then we get Tua in 2021. The key is to refuse to be denied.

AdamD13

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Then we’ll tank next year too, and draft Lawrence. And if Lawrence stays in school, then we get Tua in 2021. The key is to refuse to be denied.
If both came out in 2021 the smart play is still to take Tua. He's the better QB at this point. Lawrence will never possess Tua's accuracy.

Lawrence looks like a great plan B.

Last edited:

hoops

exited stage left
Reaction score
Jack Conklin is probably the odds on favorite I’d say. Assuming he finds health this year.

Can’t see Snyder letting Brandon scherf get away.

lbmclean_nocal

Active Roster
Reaction score
A co-worker wears full Niner gear on Fridays

I just dropped coin on a PWilliams jersey and a sweet hat for my Friday:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Full &^#@$% or just bat-**** crazy? don't answer that

I am experiencing some dumb liberation in our tank

we are at the bottom of the layer cake now, perhaps we take a little less **** each year now?

meatpardle

Scout Team
Reaction score
I am now all in.

I was one of those guys who argued that we were reubuilding, refocusing, planning for the future, but not tanking. That losing was OK, and part of the plan, but that there could still be highlights. That we should still be trying to win but accepting when we don't. That we could do this and still keep our best players to use as a foundation to rebuild. That we didn't need to cut every single bad contract in the same year just to achieve an astonishly low payroll. That we didn't need the #1 pick, that we could see what we had in Rosen and allow that to form our future plans, and use our draft picks to move up if needs be. "How can the new coaching team evalaute Drake in a contract year, or determine how best to use Gesicki, or try and finally understand the true worth of DVP, if there isn't at least some level of competency?" I would argue. "Surely the emotional investment and commitment of the existing players will suffer, and the raw coaching team will have an even harder job rebuilding without a strong base of veterans on board with the process to guide and develop the massive influx of future draft picks" I would foolishly point out. What an idiot I was.

I was wrong. Dumb wrong.

To all those I bickered with, or belittled, or sidelined in order to put across my previous beliefs, I apologise.

It is clear now that none of these things matter to the FO and HC.

It is no longer about wins, or points, or yards. I will now celebrate switching Minkah to FS and McCain to slot as if it were drafting a future HOF QB. Every committed and successful tackle becomes a pick. Every successful dropback with time to complete a measured and considered pass a touchdown. Every time a member of the DL pulls a move on an offensive lineman will be celebrated as a sack, even more so if it results in actually getting to the QB. Every player who looks like they understand what they are doing, even for a fleeting moment, becomes a potential franchise player to build around. If we actually manage to win a game, that becomes our Superbowl.

This is where we are now, and I am finally at peace with that.

coolhand_05

Rookie
Reaction score
Tanking??? Give me a freaking break. Tanking from what??? 15+ years without a division title and maybe a playoff (or two) showing in that time frame. We've been tanking all this time if that's the case. This is a rebuild from the ground up, the culture, the players, the coaches. Nobody can tank in the NFL. Players health and livelihoods are at stake to not take every game serious and try to win. Now we've decided to let go of some older players and trade one of our better assets for multiple 1st round picks.... It's called a rebuild, plain and simple. A rebuild period. I can understand the click hungry crappy beat writers spreading this stuff... but I don't understand why some of the fan base doesn't.

Rowdy1972

Second String
Reaction score
Hes graduating early. Hes coming out. What are the chances he says "i am not going to the dolphins"? Thats happen all of two times in the draft. He want to go to D.C. or Cincinnati or Detrioit more? haha Hes from Hawaii. I dont think he wants to go to some Northern City thats ****ty at football.

Top Bottom