The 2019 season #TankForTua superthread: 0-5

TheWozz

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I'm wondering why Rosen has a following that try's to pump him up but wanna bash a highly successful college kid.
There are some irrational fans, but a lot (I'd say most) posters backing him just want to give him a chance to see if he can be developed into The Guy for us. Obviously that is a good thing for us if he does...and there is no downside to seeing how he does this year.

On the flip side, there are some reasons, many not having to do with actual football performance, that some folks are down on Tua. He comes from a classic Love or Hate em college program. He's not built like a prototype QB (6'4", 235 with a Zeus like arm) that some want to see. He's highly touted and hyped which triggers contrarians and he has inspired a, dare I say it, cult like following among some fans. I sometimes expect the doorbell to ring and hear about the new Tua Church that has been established in the neighborhood...and why have we not joined the congregation.

FINMAN1

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not really related to Tua, but does anyone have stats on how highly drafted BAMA picks have done in the NFL since Saban was the coach?

Kamelion4291

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not everything! Just important plays that would make his stat line look a WHOLE lot better.
If you have 20 real good throws a game and WRs drop a couple, you won't notice as much.

If you only have 5 real good throws a game and WRs drop a couple, you apparently get every excuse in the book handed to you and you are automatically excused from all other blame, apparently.

That theoretical pass on first down that was only for 5 yards doesn't look bad, but when the receiver drops your would-be first down (or touchdown) pass on 3rd down, the blame tends to go towards him instead of the QB who could have completed a 15 yard pass down the seam on 1st down preventing the need for the 3rd down pass in the first place, but he didn't go through his progressions fast enough or he was too scared to make the harder throw... or when you throw the ball two yards over your wide receiver's head on 3rd and 3 when he's all by himself for a first down... or when you take too long to go through your progressions on 3rd down and you take the sack instead of extending the drive.

People don't tend to notice frequency much in sports, just the big plays because they're easier to remember and it's certainly harder to see on TV who's open but the QB missed them. There's a reason why some QBs lead bad offenses, and it's not bad luck.

Kamelion4291

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not really related to Tua, but does anyone have stats on how highly drafted BAMA picks have done in the NFL since Saban was the coach?
Alabama has the most players in the NFL of any college school, so I'd say pretty well.

FINMAN1

Active Roster
Reaction score
If you have 20 real good throws a game and WRs drop a couple, you won't notice as much.

If you only have 5 real good throws a game and WRs drop a couple, you apparently get every excuse in the book handed to you and you are automatically excused from all other blame, apparently.
Not taking up for Rosens bad throws, but when 3 out of 5 drops cost points, it IS more noticable than if WRs drop 5 out of 20!

Kamelion4291

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not counting 2019 draft. I counted about 10 players in the last 5 or 6 drafts that were pro bowl or had been on SB winning teams. Not a very high percentage, beings everyone thinks Tua will be the one who brings home the gold to Miami.
Literally the exact same lazy argument people used when Watson was coming out of Clemson.

superphin

don't go clown shoes on us
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Hot take lets draft all Michigan players because former Michigan QB Tom Brady has won 6 SB's because that's how it works.

Top Bottom