The 2019 season #TankForTua superthread: 0-5

FINMAN1

Active Roster
Reaction score
So you've gone from... "It's not Rosen's fault because it's a team game" to "wins are on Watson" in the same page of a thread, eh?

Nice one.
I didn't say either one!
Would you say Watson has a better team around him?
You brought him up.

TedSlimmJr

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Not counting 2019 draft. I counted about 10 players in the last 5 or 6 drafts that were pro bowl or had been on SB winning teams. Not a very high percentage, beings everyone thinks Tua will be the one who brings home the gold to Miami.

Strange take to be honest.

Saban arrived in 2007 - since then you can clearly count 10 players that have made the pro bowl. 6 that have made multiple pro bowls.

Young players like Marlon Humphrey, Josh Jacobs, Calvin Ridley, J.K. Scott, etc. that are clearly ready to establish themselves as pro bowlers at their respective positions also.

Alabama players currently in the NFL have more superbowl rings than any other college. If there's a program out there putting pro bowlers in the NFL at a higher rate, feel free to demonstrate. Pick one and compare.

As far as I know nobody has said Tua will be the one who brings home the gold for Miami. Nothing is guaranteed. Marino and Don together couldn't even do it.

FINMAN1

Active Roster
Reaction score
Strange take to be honest.

As far as I know nobody has said Tua will be the one who brings home the gold for Miami. Nothing is guaranteed. Marino and Don together couldn't even do it.
Then why would anyone be willing to "tank" for him?

Kamelion4291

Active Roster
Reaction score
I didn't say either one!
Would you say Watson has a better team around him?
You brought him up.
So this is your damage control?

I brought him up because you tried associating a school's previous NFL performance as some sort of indicator for the future. In trying to refute how ridiculous that actually is, you then tried to denigrate Watson because he "hasn't won anything" which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with his performance on the field as he's obviously at worst very, very, very good.

FINMAN1

Active Roster
Reaction score
So this is your damage control?

I brought him up because you tried associating a school's previous NFL performance as some sort of indicator for the future. In trying to refute how ridiculous that actually is, you then tried to denigrate Watson because he "hasn't won anything" which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with his performance on the field as he's obviously at worst very, very, very good.
No damage control here.
Should we have perhaps "tanked" for Watson?

Kamelion4291

Active Roster
Reaction score
No damage control here.
Should we have perhaps "tanked" for Watson?
Didn't need to. He was undervalued and we passed because we were relying on Tannehill again. Tua isn't undervalued, so it is what it is.

Top Bottom