The 2023 Pick is about 'If Tua Sucks' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2023 Pick is about 'If Tua Sucks'

Cuz you KNOW it's candy for a trade-up in 2022 draft if Miami needs to Reset the QB room.
#1 Hopefully it just turns into extra ammo to take a good Miami team to the Lombardi celebration in 2023...
#2 Hopefully it's enough to get us that special QB talent IF it's actually needed the way we fear it could be needed.

We couldve just stayed at 12 and Really guaranteed we'd have the firepower to draft #1.....but gotta give the guy a chance.

Im still hopeful but he does have to have some 'IT FACTOR' to overcome obvious SHORTcomings.

As a fan, I expect an NFL front office to make more informed decisions than we Fans can, and that didnt seem to be the case last year. After the postseason bowl games and scouting combines and so on, the vast preponderance of Objective Evidence suggested drafting Herbert with little consternation or hand wringing.
Instead, I feel our FO just went full 'Fanboy' and chugged the kool aid.

So, yeah, there's a 1-1 chance, tbh, that we'll be packaging that 2023 first to move up for QB next year.

To be clear, I like Tua and think that he does have some IT Factor. Enough?
TBD.
Every single player who busts not just the QB

Every single player who busts not just the QB
No position in all of pro sports is as important as the QB. That one player controls 60 - 70% of the game because of his throwing the football. You have to get that draft pick right to succeed.

Dillion Gabriel is kinda like a Tua clone, if they don't want to change things too much and liked the idea of Tua but Tua didn't work out, that could be a direction they go. But honestly if Tua doesn't work out it'll probably someone as far from what he is than possible. That next big thing hasn't broken through yet.

The stupid thing in my view is we've not really protected ourselves against Tua not making the required progression, if we suck because of this next year it'll be the Eagles who get to pick high while we are at the mercy of what kind of a season SF have, it'll be a later than 12 pick, surely, with the injured players they have returning and with a better situation at QB. Lots of reason why those trades were dumb.

If you are referring to Dan Marino then you are correct. They havent got a QB pick right since.

And you after 9 games are able to say this statement is still true ? Why haven't one of these pro teams contacted you for a job in personnel yet, that's an amazing skill you have !

Huh...I thought it might be about creating a system in which the Dolphins will be in position to continually add talented players attempting to ensure the Dolphins will be a perennial contender.

Now I am finding out it is because they are preparing for Tua to suck?!

They stuck with Tannehill for 7 years... Ross isn't giving up on Tua after year 3.
you would hope that he learned something from that mistake. Arizona cut their losses with Rosen early and look how that turned out for them. They got a much better QB and Rosen is bouncing around practice squads... We should learn a lot about Tua this year. Will he improve and will he stay healthy for the whole season? Not saying he needs to play lights out but he will need to show improvement else he will be on the hot seat.

I thought the same thing, in 2023 we might even think Tua is a good qb, however, if we see a prospect that is a major upgrade, we have the ability to reset and grab him.As far as our last draft I think that last yrs o-line rookies played well considering the off season they had. They should already have a bond and should be able to build on it with a complete off season. Tua the same. Izzy we knew was a project and is very young. Should really benefit learning from the z man and Jones. He has the talent. Considering everything, along with our f/a signings and wealth of draft picks I am so excited to be a fin fan. Plus if it all blows up we are in a good position in 2023 already to fix it, or if we are great (which I think we will be ) to enhance it

Back
Top Bottom