The 2023 Pick is about 'If Tua Sucks' | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2023 Pick is about 'If Tua Sucks'

Let's speculate also the "what if" Sewell, Chase, Smith, or Waddle is a bust after 9 games. Let's start talking about who would be appropriate replacements, doncha think?

I think Grier has done great job as GM..Tua pick might wk or it might not only time will tell, but you not going give avg qb 40 million on his next contract either.. like it or not Tua must be at lease above avg to stay in miami after 2023 season...having that extra pick is good thing...

Last edited:
The premise of this thread is exactly right.

We are going to give Tua three years to see if he's the guy. And if he's not, then we'll have two selections in the 2023 draft to find the man who is the guy.

I hope he's the guy. We ALL hope he's the guy... but it's smart to have a backup plan. No one knows if the hip will hold up over time.

One extra first round pick is not worth a heck of a lot, in terms of trading up for a quarterback. It certainly won't get you from 2 to 1. It certainly won't get you from 6 to 3.

Everyone was desperately rooting for the Texans to lose that finale to the Titans due to the immense value of the third pick. Then that pick acquired even greater value than we realized once Mac Jones vaulted up the estimation ladder. Or maybe he was there all along but Grier and the public weren't aware.

We didn't do enough with the asset we had. That's what deflates me. It deflates me so much I haven't been paying any attention to the Pitts or Chase or Smith debate. I always like to make sure I am squeezing maximum value. Once that is taken care of then everything else has a remarkable propensity to fall into place. For example, today I will go to Publix. I have a Chase AARP card with 5% cash back on groceries this quarter after using the somewhat obscure chase.com/mybonus link. Chobani greek yogurt is Buy One Get One this week. Chobani has a current rebate offer if you spend $15. Okay, I'll purchase 8 four-packs -- pay for 4 of them which will be roughly $18-19 -- use the Chase AARP card for 5% cash back, then submit the rebate for an extra $5, or whatever it is.

The satisfying aspect is ahead of time, the knowledge that you have defeated at least 96-98% of other shoppers in terms of value. Then once in the aisle I choose between the Regular Chobani or the Flip variety, and whether to make all 8 packs Smores. That would be the favorite right now.

Obviously that is comparative pittance. But if you apply that philosophy to every decision then it really adds up, like ability to buy a few extra shares of stock. I use that philosophy for every decision and maneuver in wagering.

Grier doesn't grasp that type of thing. He was so fixated on the range he wanted to pick he allowed himself to be cheated on the way there

The premise of this thread is exactly right.

We are going to give Tua three years to see if he's the guy. And if he's not, then we'll have two selections in the 2023 draft to find the man who is the guy.

I hope he's the guy. We ALL hope he's the guy... but it's smart to have a backup plan. No one knows if the hip will hold up over time.
My thought process is even more aggressive. Im saying Tua gets 2021 to show he can play or we're using that 2023 pick in a 2022 package to move up in 2022.

One extra first round pick is not worth a heck of a lot, in terms of trading up for a quarterback. It certainly won't get you from 2 to 1. It certainly won't get you from 6 to 3.

Everyone was desperately rooting for the Texans to lose that finale to the Titans due to the immense value of the third pick. Then that pick acquired even greater value than we realized once Mac Jones vaulted up the estimation ladder. Or maybe he was there all along but Grier and the public weren't aware.

We didn't do enough with the asset we had. That's what deflates me. It deflates me so much I haven't been paying any attention to the Pitts or Chase or Smith debate. I always like to make sure I am squeezing maximum value. Once that is taken care of then everything else has a remarkable propensity to fall into place. For example, today I will go to Publix. I have a Chase AARP card with 5% cash back on groceries this quarter after using the somewhat obscure chase.com/mybonus link. Chobani greek yogurt is Buy One Get One this week. Chobani has a current rebate offer if you spend $15. Okay, I'll purchase 8 four-packs -- pay for 4 of them which will be roughly $18-19 -- use the Chase AARP card for 5% cash back, then submit the rebate for an extra $5, or whatever it is.

The satisfying aspect is ahead of time, the knowledge that you have defeated at least 96-98% of other shoppers in terms of value. Then once in the aisle I choose between the Regular Chobani or the Flip variety, and whether to make all 8 packs Smores. That would be the favorite right now.

Obviously that is comparative pittance. But if you apply that philosophy to every decision then it really adds up, like ability to buy a few extra shares of stock. I use that philosophy for every decision and maneuver in wagering.

Grier doesn't grasp that type of thing. He was so fixated on the range he wanted to pick he allowed himself to be cheated on the way there
AAALLLLRIGHTY THENN!

Today, we play 'Spot The Incel!'
JK...I think.

My thought process is even more aggressive. Im saying Tua gets 2021 to show he can play or we're using that 2023 pick in a 2022 package to move up in 2022.
It's possible, but I would only do this in the event of another big injury or catastrophic melt down.

I think our 2023 pick is a nice safety net for draft picks we missed on in 2021.
Feels good to have thoughts toward securing our future.

Good point OP. Unless Tua is downright terrible this year, he probably gets 2022 also. 2023 would likely be the next time to try and draft a QB. Hopefully neither of those scenarios are the case though and we’ll be able to use those 2 first round picks to build around him, and hopefully by then it’s finishing touches on a powerhouse team!

Good point OP. Unless Tua is downright terrible this year, he probably gets 2022 also. 2023 would likely be the next time to try and draft a QB. Hopefully neither of those scenarios are the case though and we’ll be able to use those 2 first round picks to build around him, and hopefully by then it’s finishing touches on a powerhouse team!
I just dont think 2021 will be ambiguous. He'll ball or he wont.

Experience has ZERO to do with throwing the football. Tua showed average arm strength and even average accuracy. And this was throwing baby passes most of the time. That is a concern as is his small stature in the pocket and his lack of speed and quickness to avoid pressure and then throw on the run.
Experience has nothing to do with throwing the ball? Seriously? So why do quarterback get better over time?

Tua lacks quickness and speed to avoid the rush now?

Experience has ZERO to do with throwing the football. Tua showed average arm strength and even average accuracy. And this was throwing baby passes most of the time. That is a concern as is his small stature in the pocket and his lack of speed and quickness to avoid pressure and then throw on the run.
Average? Ok let's compare

Tua
290 attempts
11 TD/ 5 INT
6.3 YPA

Burrow
404 attempts
11TDS/ 5 INTS
6.7 YPA

Josh Allen rookie season
320 attempts
10 TD/12 INTS
6.45 YPA

YPA is important if we are claiming baby passes or dink and dunk.

Also Tua threw down field more over 15 yards then Fitzpatrick. He was, however, less accurate.

His numbers are comparable to Burrow. His numbers are superior to Allen's rookie season. While adding both Allen and Burrow had an overall better offense of players

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom