The 2023 Pick is about 'If Tua Sucks' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2023 Pick is about 'If Tua Sucks'

ChitownPhins28

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
Cuz you KNOW it's candy for a trade-up in 2022 draft if Miami needs to Reset the QB room.
#1 Hopefully it just turns into extra ammo to take a good Miami team to the Lombardi celebration in 2023...
#2 Hopefully it's enough to get us that special QB talent IF it's actually needed the way we fear it could be needed.

We couldve just stayed at 12 and Really guaranteed we'd have the firepower to draft #1.....but gotta give the guy a chance.

Im still hopeful but he does have to have some 'IT FACTOR' to overcome obvious SHORTcomings.

As a fan, I expect an NFL front office to make more informed decisions than we Fans can, and that didnt seem to be the case last year. After the postseason bowl games and scouting combines and so on, the vast preponderance of Objective Evidence suggested drafting Herbert with little consternation or hand wringing.
Instead, I feel our FO just went full 'Fanboy' and chugged the kool aid.

So, yeah, there's a 1-1 chance, tbh, that we'll be packaging that 2023 first to move up for QB next year.

To be clear, I like Tua and think that he does have some IT Factor. Enough?
TBD.

Well that bust didn't just show up in Miami. Somebody is responsible for drafting him.

Unfortunately that ammo is just more blind darts to throw at the wall if the GM sucks too.

I'd ensure the GM understand that all those future picks belong to the dolphins and whoever I decide is calling the shots in the future, not him. You had your chance.

Well that bust didn't just show up in Miami. Somebody is responsible for drafting him.

Unfortunately that ammo is just more blind darts to throw at the wall if the GM sucks too.

I'd ensure the GM understand that all those future picks belong to the dolphins and whoever I decide is calling the shots in the future, not him. You had your chance.
If Tua busts then yes, Grier is toast. Or should be.

Yeah it sounds crazy to say but Grier's future here is absolutely tied to the success/failure of Tua.

5 picks in the first two rounds last draft and not one of them were exceptional as a rookie....a little concerning but their is still hope. But if Tua pans out then the 2020 dolphins draft was a success and if Tua doesnt work out then the 2020 draft was a failure for us. All depends on Tua, no pressure kid.

Yet there are so many fans here that put Grier on a pedestal. He has done a good job maximizing trades (With some luck) but it’s all a waist if your constantly whiffing.

True but your a Tua fan and pretty good talent evaluator imo and based on what I have read from your posts Tua is good enough to carry the phins. Right? Minus his injury bug to be determined which is why I like that extra 2023 pick.

but yes I do believe this regime would move on quicker from Tua than previous regimes did with Tannehill. so I could see the extra 2023rd 1st as insurance. maybe the Watson stuff will be worked out by then.

Yet there are so many fans here that put Grier on a pedestal. He has done a good job maximizing trades (With some luck) but it’s all a waist if your constantly whiffing.

Maybe we can keep Grier for trades and let someone else with a better eye be in charge of drafting players.

My take on Grier at this point is he does some things very well. Seems to me like he's very good at asset management and this is big for a GM. If he cant turn those assets into good players its all for naught though, Im not sure I'd be ready to straight up fire him, but he'd have to understand that he needs to delegate the actual player picking to someone else. Just like there's nothing wrong with a HC not calling the plays on sundays.

My take on Grier at this point is he does some things very well. Seems to me like he's very good at asset management and this is big for a GM. If he cant turn those assets into good players its all for naught though, Im not sure I'd be ready to straight up fire him, but he'd have to understand that he needs to delegate the actual player picking to someone else. Just like there's nothing wrong with a HC not calling the plays on sundays.
Great post. I agree he's done many things well but drafting has not been one of them so far. Too early to tell on the 2020 class but with all those picks he's accumulated he needs to hit big on at least some of them. This draft coming up will go a long way if he gets it right.

Great post. I agree he's done many things well but drafting has not been one of them so far. Too early to tell on the 2020 class but with all those picks he's accumulated he needs to hit big on at least some of them. This draft coming up will go a long way if he gets it right.
Lol the problem is that drafting is the most important thing by a long shot and there isn’t even a close 2nd. It’s like a chef that does everything well but can’t cook, a salesman that does everything right but can’t sell

Cuz you KNOW it's candy for a trade-up in 2022 draft if Miami needs to Reset the QB room.
#1 Hopefully it just turns into extra ammo to take a good Miami team to the Lombardi celebration in 2023...
#2 Hopefully it's enough to get us that special QB talent IF it's actually needed the way we fear it could be needed.

We couldve just stayed at 12 and Really guaranteed we'd have the firepower to draft #1.....but gotta give the guy a chance.

Im still hopeful but he does have to have some 'IT FACTOR' to overcome obvious SHORTcomings.

As a fan, I expect an NFL front office to make more informed decisions than we Fans can, and that didnt seem to be the case last year. After the postseason bowl games and scouting combines and so on, the vast preponderance of Objective Evidence suggested drafting Herbert with little consternation or hand wringing.
Instead, I feel our FO just went full 'Fanboy' and chugged the kool aid.

So, yeah, there's a 1-1 chance, tbh, that we'll be packaging that 2023 first to move up for QB next year.

To be clear, I like Tua and think that he does have some IT Factor. Enough?
TBD.
I’ll never get taking Tua over Herbert...but it’s done and we have to hope Tua progresses and that his lack of “wow” last year was needing more time to recover.

We could be looking at Herbert and Kyle Pitts if Greer had made the right decisions, that’s why I’m not ready to anoint Greer a genius at this point!

Back
Top Bottom