The #3 pick has too much value to simply pick a player | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The #3 pick has too much value to simply pick a player

JAX trades for Watson. That would shake up the draft. Will it happen? I seriously doubt it, but, you're right, unexpected things happen.
If that happens, NY will take TL.
Not much difference for the teams coming up.

We are in such a great position with the #3 pick that we can’t simply pick Sewell or Davis or whoever. The pick has way more value than that. if I was GM I would try to trade down to get another 1st rounder if not more, then utilize the new assets to either trade for Watson or load up on weapons for Tua.
The bottom line is that I think we’d be underutilizing the pick if we used it for face value. We are in an incredible position in the draft this year, and kudos for the FO for the Tunsil deal that got us here.
I would rather get one great player at 3 than 2 or 3 average players by trading down. If they are going to be able to get the player they want by trading down 1-3 spots, I have no problem with a trade down. Yet if they are going to lose the opportunity to get the player they want at 3, they should make their pick at 3 and not think twice about it.

Wouldn’t Houston take TL? If they are trading Watson then they are surely getting the #1 pick and would then need a QB
You are right.
Still, whether we get DW or Jax, there are not much difference for teams coming up.

Ideally we get a 2 this year and a 1 next year to slide down a bit (not too far).

Can't magically will it to happen, but my gut tells me we don't stay at 3.
Could you imagine dropping to 9, picking Surtain, then flipping X for 2 first rounders...Grier does what he can, but he's been magical lately.

f12507e5-4ee8-4a33-b63b-b80cfa0d5816_screenshot.jpg

···damn fishin' magician

The main thing is getting our evaluation right. Tee Higgins and Claypool are looking better than Ruggs and Jeudy just now.
Jeudy is still much better. He is stuck with Lock a lousy QB. Put Jeudy on a team with a decent QB and he will excel.

I will go by other monster O linemen. If I could get Taylor Lewan or Q. Nelson at #3. I would all day. Now we have the ability to do so. Let's not mess around, pick the guy and watch him own the trench.

I’m in the Tua camp, solid.

Tua plus the picks is wayyy better than Watson with no picks and without Devonta/Chase and all that we would lose in a trade for DW
i think its better to keep tua and the picks...all it takes is a freak play that watson gets hurt and we have reid sinnet throwing to scrub wrs and handing off to a barely avg running back...get talent at skill positions who can make a real impact, even if you have to rely on a backup he has people around him who can make a difference

Best case scenario is a slight trade down. The Bengals are the team that makes so much sense. Penei Sewell would fill such a huge hole for them and moving down to 5 would still allow us to have our pick of just about anyone else. Assuming 3 QBs and Sewell go top 4. If the Bengals are willing to give up at least their second to move up 2 spots I think that’d be perfect. Could also see Grier wanting a 2022 second to keep the assets stock piling

Best case scenario is a slight trade down. The Bengals are the team that makes so much sense. Penei Sewell would fill such a huge hole for them and moving down to 5 would still allow us to have our pick of just about anyone else. Assuming 3 QBs and Sewell go top 4. If the Bengals are willing to give up at least their second to move up 2 spots I think that’d be perfect. Could also see Grier wanting a 2022 second to keep the assets stock piling
The Bengals, literally, NEVER trade up. I'm not saying that they won't start, but they never have. Mike Brown, the owner and GM, simply doesn't believe in it.

Detroit at 7 (if they change QBs), or Carolina/Denver at 8/9 maybe.

I did a mock trading the #3 and a mid-rounder to cincy for their #5 and a mid-rounder and their '22 first. I drafted Devonta there and then traded those Cincy picks to Dallas to get Kyle Pitts at #10. Then I was able to get Najee Harris and Landon Dickerson in the 2nd. Offensive problems are now solved. : ) Funny thing, the Devonta pick at #5 was given a grade of F!

Attachments

• draft2.png
    draft2.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom