The 5 players I would waive right off the top | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 5 players I would waive right off the top

Wdolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Fiedler,Ward,McKnight,Ruddy,Fletcher.

Then...Fire Bates. Rodgers is a fast guy He should be rushing the qb not waitng on the 12 yard containment.

Fire the SP Teams coach Get that Guy Mel Grey? Whats he like 45? So what He can prolly return better than these guys.

Release, Minor, Dixon, Konrad,all the punt & KR guys.

Come into camp with only four spots taken DE,RB,CB(Surtain) ILB.

All others are up for grabs.

Go out there like a pack of wild dogs!

Notice how much energy & play making moves McMichael had at the beginning of the year? It's like Wanny took him aside & said, "Not here son"
Of course none of this will happen. Miami fans will have to wait a fiscal year before Wayne says "Hi Dave, I know we have never spoken before, but I think we need a new HC"

LOL Van, agreed, but I have time to kill!

On second thought, I dont even know where to start as I disagree with almost everything!

y would u fire jay we dont even have ne 1 to replace him yet. and t minor is great

Originally posted by Wdolfan
Fiedler,Ward,McKnight,Ruddy,Fletcher.

Then...Fire Bates. Rodgers is a fast guy He should be rushing the qb not waitng on the 12 yard containment.

Fire the SP Teams coach Get that Guy Mel Grey? Whats he like 45? So what He can prolly return better than these guys.

Release, Minor, Dixon, Konrad,all the punt & KR guys.

Come into camp with only four spots taken DE,RB,CB(Surtain) ILB.

All others are up for grabs.

Go out there like a pack of wild dogs!

Notice how much energy & play making moves McMichael had at the beginning of the year? It's like Wanny took him aside & said, "Not here son"
Of course none of this will happen. Miami fans will have to wait a fiscal year before Wayne says "Hi Dave, I know we have never spoken before, but I think we need a new HC"

Someone is going a little too far............wait........way too far.

Well, first off, you can't cut Travis Minor just because of one stupid play. I was all over him for that, and I still am. It should never happen in the NFL. But, if you cut a guy for one bad play, everyone in the NFL would be cut. Even Harrison drops balls. Even Favre makes bad throws. Even Charles Woodson blows coverage. Even Jon Ogden misses a block. Even Ricky has a bad GAME. No one is perfect.

Secondly, you can't cut Fiedler. Who is going to play QB next year without Fiedler here? Sage Rosenfels? I don't think so. Not yet anyway. Jake Plummer? He's worse than Rosenfels. Brian Griese? He's just about as bad as Plummer.

And why the hell cut Fletcher? He played much better than Sam Madison did this year, and he's a 2nd year player. Madison, JT, Zach Thomas, and Patrick Surtain all took a year or two to blossom at least. You don't cut bait on a first round pick after two years unless he is named Yatil Green.

I disagree with those but here are my 5 that I would release....

Royals...(well hes gone do to his contract)
Lucas
B.Smith
M.Spriggs
E.Perry....(Time to find another long snapper that wont just waste a roster spot)

I would tell D.Rodgers to take a nasty pay cut and if he refused then hes gone

And this would be Greenwoods last chance to make it.

I agree whole heartedly with the first five. It is right on the money.

Konrad, Minor, and Dixon?

You lost me there.

Whoa!

Van, good call.

Off the subject a bit, I'm not sure why Minor is taking so much heat, yeah he screwed up but he, as I did, expected the ball to carry into the endzone........I mean what are the chances of the ball hitting at the one and completely stopping right there??? Obviously it CAN and DID happen but I think he was trying to let it go into the endzone before he touched it and it just died on him....by that time it was too late.

He screwed up yes.....but 9 times out of ten that ball goes into the endzone where he downs it and we take over at the twenty, no problem.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Whoa!
Off the subject a bit, I'm not sure why Minor is taking so much heat, yeah he screwed up but he, as I did, expected the ball to carry into the endzone........I mean what are the chances of the ball hitting at the one and completely stopping right there??? Obviously it CAN and DID happen but I think he was trying to let it go into the endzone before he touched it and it just died on him....by that time it was too late.

He screwed up yes.....but 9 times out of ten that ball goes into the endzone where he downs it and we take over at the twenty, no problem.
Minor was not at fault AFAIK. Whatever idiot told him to stand at the 20 instead of the goalline was at fault :fire:

Originally posted by WCoastFin
I disagree with those but here are my 5 that I would release....

Royals...(well hes gone do to his contract)
Lucas
B.Smith
M.Spriggs
E.Perry....(Time to find another long snapper that wont just waste a roster spot)

I would tell D.Rodgers to take a nasty pay cut and if he refused then hes gone

And this would be Greenwoods last chance to make it.

I agree with all of these.. except after watching the way the Giants lost... I would have to say keep E.Perry

Zach was the only guy who exploded his rookie year. Zach finished 1996 with 180 tackles....2 sacks....3 INTs....1 TD.

Didn't take him long to develop, eh?? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom