The 5 Toughest Corners I’ve Ever Faced | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 5 Toughest Corners I’ve Ever Faced

Sons Of Shula

not a dull boy
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
By AJ Green

CB#3: What makes him so dangerous is that he doesn’t care if he gets beat. In his mind, you might get behind him two or three times in a game, but he knows he’s usually got help over the top. As a receiver, you don’t have help. If he jumps your route once, he’s going for six the other way.

. . .

CB#2: But I can tell you from going against him that he’s one of the smartest, quickest corners in the game. And when I say quick, I don’t mean the 40. I mean real game speed, which is a whole different thing. There’s a lot of corners who can run a 4.3 at the combine who can only run a 4.6 when it’s time to read and react in an actual game.

. . .

CB#1: That’s another one of those little things that fans don’t always appreciate. I feel like when people talk about corners and receivers, it’s always about splash plays or interceptions. But when I think about the toughest guys I go against, a lot of it is about how they’re bringing it on every single play.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/aj-green-5-best-cornerbacks-nfl/

Haden has always been underrated ... although he's slowed a bit the last few seasons. Could be playing for a perennial clown show, could be nagging injuries, could be declining skills. Hard to tell. Him and Jenkins were lethal together at UF before Jenkins got the boot. Complimented each other perfectly. It's funny how players get suspended a game now for something they would've been kicked out of school for a few years prior (he had a few arrests, but we're talking a grand total of a few grams here. The second arrest was for a blunt roach in his ashtray). Baby steps.

Peterson has been the best corner in football for some years now. There's not a single CB in football that has as much on their plate. He's got it all. Most of us knew it when he came out of LSU.

I like the way he explains things. AJ has a future as an analyst. Great insight.

Wow, what a great article. The explanations of the different playing styles of each CB was absolutely fascinating and really brings focus on a game within a game.

Back
Top Bottom