The 9ers are crazy...! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 9ers are crazy...!

Availability is his biggest weakness . Jimmy G has played in just 23 out of 48 games with the 49ers.

No team is going to give up a high pick. His value might be in the 5th to 7th round range.

can't blame them for trying. They start asking for a 1st in order to get a 2nd.

Jim Mora: "2nd????"

Reporter: "No, a 1st to get a 2nd..."

Jim Mora: "What?"

AngryTenderHerculesbeetle-small.gif

The fact that they like Mac Jones because he reminds Shanahan of Kirk Cousins(yes, Kirk Cousins!)should have already told you they were mentally unstable.
Apparently, there's a difference of opinion between Shanahan and Lynch on what quarterback to draft.

Shanahan has final say.

I hope they draft Mac lol! It would be funny to watch them pick the Rosen of the 2021 draft lol
I think Mac Jones would fare better than Rosen in their 1st seasons...

I'm still of the opinion that we should have drafted Tua...kept Rosen...cut Fitzpatrick...played Rosen the entire season...trade him for draft capital. If the 9ers have the stones to ask for 1 st for Jimmy G, I have confidence that Grier could have finessed a 3rd/4th out of someone.

I think Mac Jones would fare better than Rosen in their 1st seasons...

I'm still of the opinion that we should have drafted Tua...kept Rosen...cut Fitzpatrick...played Rosen the entire season...trade him for draft capital. If the 9ers have the stones to ask for 1 st for Jimmy G, I have confidence that Grier could have finessed a 3rd/4th out of someone.
That might have been the prudent way to go but there was no way Flores was going to allow the team to lose like that.

Keeping Fitz meant the team would be as competitive as possible before turning the team over to The Kid.

It might have cost them a few spots in the Draft and possibly getting something for Rosen in trade, but winning games like they did helped build a winning culture that will be more valuable down the road.

That might have been the prudent way to go but there was no way Flores was going to allow the team to lose like that.

Keeping Fitz meant the team would be as competitive as possible before turning the team over to The Kid.

It might have cost them a few spots in the Draft and possibly getting something for Rosen in trade, but winning games like they did helped build a winning culture that will be more valuable down the road.
Putting the kid in told me that Flores wasn't about winning as much as he was taking a look. Tua shouldn't have played this past season. The OC wasn't for him. If Rosen plays game manager, he may have been successful given our defense.

I don't think the team's record would have been any different had Fitz started all 16.

And i think Flores went to Tua because he felt Fitz was leaving points on the field as much as to just get a look at Tua.

Had the WR corps stayed healthy I don't think we would have seen Tua struggle as he did in the Denver and Vegas games*

* I am putting the Bills season finale behind me like it didn't happen. ;)

I don't think the team's record would have been any different had Fitz started all 16.

And i think Flores went to Tua because he felt Fitz was leaving points on the field as much as to just get a look at Tua.

Had the WR corps stayed healthy I don't think we would have seen Tua struggle as he did in the Denver and Vegas games*

* I am putting the Bills season finale behind me like it didn't happen. ;)
Fitz was leaving points on the field?

real housewives of atlanta what GIF by TV One

Fitz was leaving points on the field?

real housewives of atlanta what GIF by TV One
I remember hearing that Flores felt that Fitz was doing that, yes.

Particularly in the last couple of games before they made the change.

I think he felt that since Fitz was not playing well enough to make Miami a contender he might as well go with the guy who was going to be there long term.

I would have waited a little longer on Tua, maybe until they were out of any playoff contention just to let him heal and practice more.

When Tua struggled against Denver(the whole team did t be fair)and when Flores pulled him in that game and against Vegas there was a narrative that suggested that Fitz had been playing really well when he got benched and that just was not the case.

You could argue that overall he was a little better than Tua, mostly because as a grizzled vet who never cared how many picks he threw he was willing to force balls to covered WR's and Tua was not.

If Fitz starts all 16 they still would not have been a playoff team anyway so the value of Tua playing(and struggling)is a long term positive for me.

I think in the long run the experience Tua got last year will pay big dividends for Miami.

The fact that Tua was still recovering from a devastating injury, the surgery that followed, and the rehab for that injury, had no real off season due to his rehab and Covid, and Justin Herbert played so well for LAC created the impression that Tua was bad last year.

I think when you consider everything(including the terrible WR play when he was out there)Tua actually showed quite a bit to be excited about and I am very confident that he is going to be the player they drafted next season.

When Tua struggled against Denver(the whole team did t be fair)and when Flores pulled him in that game and against Vegas there was a narrative that suggested that Fitz had been playing really well when he got benched and that just was not the case.
C'mon...stop.

You can support Tua all you want, that bus has left for me. I'm waiting for the draft. What will always make me seem like a hater is when I hear these self-created narratives that fly in the face of what I saw all season. It reminds me of a cheating boyfriend who gets caught and says, "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?" Tua stunk. His supporters seem to be the only ones who aren't aware of that which is the likely reason you see Tua working out like a mad Russian and you see Herbert on the back 9 somewhere.

Fitz was playing good enough to keep his job. The offense and OC was brought in for Fitz. He wasn't playing "great"...after 5 games how many QBs in the league were playing great? Not many and I think you know that which is why you added "great" as an embellishment.

Back
Top Bottom