The A Train | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The A Train

XXXSURTAINXXX

THE SACRIFICIAL DOLPHIN
Reaction score
It is without a doubt we could get this guy for a quarter of his value at this point. I would say he is better than any back we have on roster right now and if we did draft a rookie like Benson or Brown...He'd be a reliable backup. Just a thought.

Remember the A Train is a good running back....Not great but good. We dont have good on our team at all right now.

Remember guys at this point it's all about fun. trying to help each other get throught he offseason.

I know A Train can he has done it twice and neither times did he play 16 games in the season.

bdmagnum said:
So is durability a question?

Oh most definatly. But it was a question with Ricky as well. I could see Atrain and Gordon making a very nice combo out the backfield. This might also reduce the chances for an injury to either.

If this guy was any good, he would of been signed by one of the teams needing a running back like Arizona or Tampa Bay. Potential doesnt win you football games. Ask John Avery and Yatil Green.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Oh most definatly. But it was a question with Ricky as well. I could see Atrain and Gordon making a very nice combo out the backfield. This might also reduce the chances for an injury to either.

I just think all things being = i would take my chances w/ a healthy Gordon and Morris. Instead of signing Thomas

If Minor was any good he would have recieved offers from other teams....yet he didn't. John Avery doesnt have 2 season where he rushed for 1000 yds. Atrain does. Id def add value to pass performance to his credit as well as consider the injuries and lack of production for 2 years.

I would like to have the A Train but it has to be after the draft, many RB needy teams maybe spotting him but they dont get him in hopes to find a trade down, if we get him it will look like we are not targeting the RBs that would take some leverage in trading negociations, if we draft a scat back it would be nice to get the A Train and cut Heath Evans or some other bum.

Most teams dont try to replace their 1000 yard rusher unless there is a problem. Well if Im not mistaken, they brought in Thomas Jones and he beat out your boy. He didnt have a 1000 yds. The A-train reached his peak in his rookie year and hasnt done that much since. He lacks quickness and doesnt bring a dynamic element to the game. He doesnt fit our system because Linehan needs a pass catcher and he isnt that versatile at it.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
It is without a doubt we could get this guy for a quarter of his value at this point. I would say he is better than any back we have on roster right now and if we did draft a rookie like Benson or Brown...He'd be a reliable backup. Just a thought.

Remember the A Train is a good running back....Not great but good. We dont have good on our team at all right now.

Remember guys at this point it's all about fun. trying to help each other get throught he offseason.
I agree with you man, i have always thought he was good

Miami should just draft Sproles and wait for Ricky's return. A-Train would be a horrible decision.

Whoa Doctor! That has to be the gayest (not that there's anything wrong with that - unless you're a Professional football player) picture of Dan the Man ever.

Back
Top Bottom