The Ability To Receive Notifications When A Poster Responds Directly To Your Post | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ability To Receive Notifications When A Poster Responds Directly To Your Post

I don't like the notifications either, can we install a switch to turn them off or just have them accumulate like thanks/ no thanks?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

As demonstrated in post #5 above, a few of the forums I frequent have a drop down menu that informs who liked/quoted and/or tagged you with the option to then link to the actual post if so desired. It's informative yet unobtrusive and optional. Don't know if it's only an Xenforo software feature that's not available in vbulletin.

IMO, if you've been pollinating the forum with opinions, reactions and "debates", it's quite helpful to see who's responded/quoted you in order to react on a timely basis if you so choose. I don't think anyone would take issue with that - only the method. Obviously, if it's a hang-out type thread, not so much :idk:

I have had like 15 now -_- probably my own fault for posting too much. It wouldnt be so bad if they disappear when you view the page that lists them all, but having to open each of them is annoying.

This has become awful. Other forums have a drop down tab (another poster already pointed this out). At least create a way to disable it other than turning off private message notifications completely.

I have had like 15 now -_- probably my own fault for posting too much. It wouldnt be so bad if they disappear when you view the page that lists them all, but having to open each of them is annoying.

One more, just because. :brewskis:

I don't like getting a PM that tells me I've been quoted. When I click on 'here' it doesn't even take me there specifically.

And here is another PM for you. :lol:

On topic: that PM is useless. It doesn't even bring me to the post.

Lol. It does If you click on the words: click "here"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes it takes me to the first post in the thread

I love the notifcation system on XenForo, just not sure the VBulletin version is great tech

Back
Top Bottom