The Adam Gase appreciation thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Adam Gase appreciation thread

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The regular season is now over, I think this is a good time to reflect upon the job that Adam Gase has done in a few short months with a beaten up roster that even at full strength never really very good.

Around 12 months ago The Miami Dolphins hired Adam Gase (probably the hottest name in the coaching pool) in a move that was widely praised. However - some on FH were not impressed with this hire- here are some real quotes (I am not trying to point score so I will not name names):

The fans that are happy, and excited about Adam Gase are the same ones who stick up for Tannehill. You think this Adam Gase guy is going to make Tannehill, and this team better? What are you smoking? Lets get real. Stop living in a fantasy. Adam Gase got hired because Stephen Ross was panicking to hire a new coach. He rushed into his decision, and made the wrong one. He hired Adam Gase just because he liked what he heard in the interview. This organization is terrible. They have no clue what they are doing. Adam Gase isn't the answer, and isn't vocal enough. These players will walk all over him, and not listen to him. He has Joe Philbin written all over him. As for Tannehill, he will never get better. I dont want to hear its the offense lines fault. Tannehill doesnt even know how to audible and read defenses, because he is stupid. He is not a smart QB. He can scramble when the offense line breaks down, but he doesnt. When Tannehill fumbles or throws a interception he walks to the sideline, and smiles. Thats the kind of QB you support? He was a WR converted into a QB. We all know those kind of players dont work out in this league. Ryan Tannehill has proved nothing since he got drafted in 2012. Its been 4 years now, and he hasn't been to the playoffs yet. Adam Gase wont make him better. The only person who can make Tannehill better is himself, which will never happen. All I know is, Im not watching this team anymore. This organization is turning into the Browns. Im done with Miami. Miami isn't going anywhere no time soon, you can count on that. I hope you fans enjoy watching them in 2016, because its going to be another let down again. I wont be watching them. Have fun watching .

I hate this hire.

Lol another newbie learns on the job At Miami's expense.

Depressing. Here we go again. Another 'QB expert' offensive coordinator with zero head coaching experience. I hate this ownership so much.

this is pathetic.

We also had a rather infamous (and long running) thread that kicked off with this post:
[/COLOR]
All I hear about Gase are all the same lame excuses that have been thrown in the pot for Tannehill year after year. They're just shaken up, pulled at random, and explained in different terms to fit a head coach.

Gase just needs a real owner &/or GM (guess which idiots handpicked him). Gase just needs a solid offensive line. Gase just needs a real QB. Gase just needs a RB or a TE. Gase needs a defense. Gase needs his own players. These are not legitimate justifications, this is illogical.

Gase is supposed to be a professional and young, brilliant minded head coach with an eye for detail and high regard for strength application. What have we seen? Nothing

Show up on game days with a well-disciplined, well-coached, and well-prepared team. Yet, nothing.

Wow me. Impress me. Steal a win that wasn't supposed to be with these alleged game planning skills and using this roster to it's best possible ability. Still, nothing.

And that's exactly what Gase is - a nothing, and a nobody who will hopefully pass thru the doors of the Miami Garden's offices faster than the fans will be exiting their seats of Robbie/Ross stadium for a better day at the beach instead of watching this excuse train go down in flames.

uCBwz8.gif

The responses from Dolphin fans to this tweet also say a lot:
[TWEET]685863825401364480[/TWEET]

Anyway, I could post another 100 of these but you get the point, Gase did have supporters but many in the fanbase were not thrilled by this hire.

But here we are - on the verge of our first playoff game in almost a decade! With a winning season that nobody predicted even 5 games into the season.

Adam Gase did a remarkable job with a roster that even at full strength we can all admit badly lacked talent. We lost 3 of our very best players in Tannehill, Pouncey and Jones and Gase kept winning games. I know you can point to someone like Bowles who had a good first year as a HC then fell apart in year 2, but with Gase it isn't just the record, its how he achieved that record, how he kept winning games with a roster that kept getting weaker and weaker.

Look I never saw a Don Shula Dolphins team, I can't declare Gase "a young Shula" and I don't think anyone should make that prediction after one year. But I think the future is bright for the Dolphins, if ever get a front office who can build a talented roster then Adam Gase will win Super bowls in Miami. When he had a top O in Denver he didn't just do a good job, he set all time records, at the moment he is finding a way to make do with a bad roster in Miami - just imagine what he could do if we give him a good roster.

The future is bright for the Dolphins - somehow this cluster*** of a franchise found a way to hire Adam Gase.

Well done coach - that was a hell of a rookie season, dragging a 6 win team into the playoffs is something that win or lose v Pitt Dolphins fans should always look back on with pride.

I have a feeling the Steelers have no clue what offensive trickery awaits them next week.

giphy.gif

(based on rookie season this gif may be the biggest contribution Carroo makes as a Dolphin)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Gase. I actually enjoy watching press conferences as he is fairly open and interesting. He seems like a guy I'd enjoy having a beer with...Philbin...not so much.

I'm so excited for the future now. He's rejuvenated my passion for football. #thatsmycoach

To get us to the playoffs with the roster we have, minus a few players of course, Gase certainly did make chicken salad out of chicken ****; so he definitely has to be given credit for that. Now once our season's over, let's get some friggen talent on this team, specifically on defense and our OL and let's see what happens with a 2nd year under Gase and Co.

Adam Gase has been a blessing. We have the next Jim Harbaugh minus the Harbaugh arrogance. The fact that he is so young, means the Dolphins will be very good for a long time. Imagine another season or two when he gets Grier to draft his type of players. Dolphin fans, our suffering is over at last.

Making the playoffs with that roster was just amazing. I'm just hoping t-dumb gets the right players in here this off season so that Gase can have a real team to play with

Ozzy rules!!

Making the playoffs with that roster was just amazing. I'm just hoping t-dumb gets the right players in here this off season so that Gase can have a real team to play with

Ozzy rules!!

Don't count on it. Tbaum and the puppet already gave up much needed picks this year to draft a WR who can't even get active

I'll admit I was skeptical of the Gase hire . (thought he was too young, too unproven and would have to learn on the job for quite some time) so I will definitely eat crow. He has done wonders for this team! So glad he is our head coach. Got us into the playoffs and now its a whole new season . Anything can happen in the playoffs

I have no issue being reminded that I hated the hire for reasons including inexperience, never having played the game, too much focus on the passing game / offense, etc. I saw all those Don Shula teams and every coach since him. Shula had a run between '69-'84 where he was in the SB 6 times. That degree of dominance is what we see today w Belichik (6 and counting appearances in 16 years). I have come to expect great coaching. I was raised on it as a fan - as a lot of us on here have been. We have not had good coaching since Shula "retired". Not even JJ - he was ok here. Something is different about this Gase guy. He's intense. His teams do not beat themselves. His teams do not implode when something goes wrong. His system / style appears sustainable (plug and play like Shula's teams during this reign of dominance over the sport or BB's of today). He's not a "cool" guy. I'm ok w that. He's sound too tight for me to want to have a beer with him but that's what I want in a HC. A guy who watches film on X-Mas w the chiefs game on as background noise. A guy who says to management after 5 games played, "this is my ****ing team and I don't care what rounds you drafted these 3 human turnstiles, I'm done w them". And "**** you if it hurts your egos". Love it. This coach made every player on this team better than their natural abilities, save perhaps 1 or 2 (Mario Williams stunk). He's not comparable to Bowles. Bowles had a FA Mercenary team that won 10 games but nothing about it was repeatable. Miami is repeatable. I expect to win 11+ games next year and challenge an aging Brady and Belichik for the division for the foreseeable future. Kind of like Balt-Pitt year to year. Gase is the real deal. He'll bring us to the promised land. Thanks Adam Gase for making the football relevant and fun again.

To get us to the playoffs with the roster we have, minus a few players of course, Gase certainly did make chicken salad out of chicken ****; so he definitely has to be given credit for that. Now once our season's over, let's get some friggen talent on this team, specifically on defense and our OL and let's see what happens with a 2nd year under Gase and Co.

AMEN! from your lips to GOD's ears...:iwantmore:

I loved this hire from the beginning just because it was getting rid of that lame duck Philbin from being the HC.

Jury still may be out on Gase based on how the Dolphins tackle the upcoming offseason. Prevailing thought suggests the front office will sell out to improve the woeful defense, but if Gase has as much say in personnel acquisition as he appeared to have during last years offensive-heavy draft (once again, no LB's taken), then don't be surprised if Miami continues to try to stack the offense to suit what Gase is best at. Just don't discount the Dolphins putting more resources towards offensive skill positions to give Gase more toys to play with. This strategy won't sit well with fans, but it will shed some light on priorities going forward for this administration.

Adam Gase has made it exciting to be a Dolphins fan again. I know the season finale wasn't good, but this team went 9-2 in its last 11 games despite a lot of injuries. It's a team that keeps finding a way. Congrats to Gase and his players.

He exceeded all expectations. Future looks bright. Culture has changed in Miami.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, we get it. I'll be satisfied when Gase is satisfied. Championship or bust.

Back
Top Bottom