The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 206 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

If it costs nickels and dimes, you have to pull the trigger. People are willing to take gambles with fat contracts and draft picks, but keeping food on a guy’s table while he tries to return to himself is out of the question?

These are the types of moves that build loyalty in the locker room. Throw him a little more than the vet minimum, and guide his recovery through your staff and facilities. If it doesn’t pan out, the loss is minimal.

For a little more than the vet minimum, I'd absolutely do it.

I also love the idea of Williams recovering enough to be worth a 'prove it' contract. It has been an unfortunate situation for him. Even if he isn't healthy to start the season, if he's looking like a likely recovery by say mid-season then I think it would be a good risk to take.
The unofficial report is that his ACL was completely shredded and the surgery was not successful. Hope that this is wrong but it's likely he's done.

Last edited:
I hope the Dolphins make this happen. He's been overshadowed by Chase and Higgins but whenever Higgins gets hurt, which is a lot, Boyd always seems to come up clutch.
I was wondering how old Boyd was.. only 29

Was in the same draft as Tyreek. Honestly, Boyd was one of the best WRs picked that draft. Probably top 3. Tyreek, Michael Thomas, Boyd. Then a whole lotta busts

The unofficial report is that his ACL was completely shredded and the surgery was not successful. Hope that this is wrong but I think he's done.

Thats so weird to me in this day and age of modern medicine but of course anything can happen...like did they try that cadaver ACL surgery like they did once upon a time for Fred Barnett?

Boyd is a good player, but I think he may be too slow to play in this offense.
We have the speed. Boyd is a polished, experienced route runner who can handle being the #3 WR. The fact that we are talking to him probably means that we're not rushing to offer more to OBJ (and maybe it sends him a message).

Back
Top Bottom