The Alliance Of American Football | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Alliance Of American Football

I remember when I was a kid I liked the NJ Hitmen and I never even watched a XFL game. It will be the same the XFL will fail again.

I had Hitmen season tickets. I regret nothing. It was football on meth. Would 100% go to games again.

In my opinion, the XFL succeeding is all about keeping the game itself the same (or similar) while expanding into territories that would die for a team. That's how the CFL has stayed around while others have folded...Saskatchewan has nothing else but that CFL team. It's also how we can have several Soccer leagues globally, and a few different forms of Rugby in Australia. Creating a league that's built upon competing with established leagues in major markets is a recipe for failure.

That's the problem with the XFL, in my opinion. Their plan is to go into markets that already have NFL teams.

That's the problem with the XFL, in my opinion. Their plan is to go into markets that already have NFL teams.
There is plenty of great cities that would appreciate a football team, El Paso San Antonio St. Louis Portland Oregon Boise hell why not Billings or Cheyenne? Hell even Anchorage.

I had Hitmen season tickets. I regret nothing. It was football on meth. Would 100% go to games again.

In my opinion, the XFL succeeding is all about keeping the game itself the same (or similar) while expanding into territories that would die for a team. That's how the CFL has stayed around while others have folded...Saskatchewan has nothing else but that CFL team. It's also how we can have several Soccer leagues globally, and a few different forms of Rugby in Australia. Creating a league that's built upon competing with established leagues in major markets is a recipe for failure.
I could see it as an unofficial minor leagues to the NFL, practice squad players and undrafted rookies and players who went to small schools flocking there in big numbers. The hottest tickets in all of sports are Dayton Dragons baseball tickets a minor league baseball team.

So how bad was money actually? A new article states that Ebersole and Polian went to Vince about merging thr AAF and XFL as recently as December

So how bad was money actually? A new article states that Ebersole and Polian went to Vince about merging thr AAF and XFL as recently as December

Man I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that meeting lol do you think Vince told the AAF the only way in was to join the Vince McMahon "kiss my ass club?"

Back
Top Bottom